Author Topic: Have you ever achieved a full set for a console? Do you think you ever will?  (Read 6768 times)

This thread is for everyone to share their accomplished full console sets if they have any or to share their journey to a full set they are working on.  :D

Recently i have decided to pull all my buying and seeking into going for a full NA Wii U set.  It doesn't seem quite as daunting as a SNES full set because it only has a little over 150 games after upcoming releases for physical north american games excluding E shop ect...   Most of which are fairly affordable aside from the few odd ball games.   I really love the mystique of Wii U and it may be my favorite console in recent memory.  I love how the blue cases look when in uniform stacks as well :D

Has anyone ever achieved a full set of every video game for a certain console?  :)   

doafan

Not really cause I only purchase what I want to play, don't expect to achieve a full set of games that I won't gonna play damn still have some digital ones that I haven't started and really don't know when am going to play them  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

indenton

Even if I was financially capable of doing so, I wouldn't see it as my personal collection anymore.  There are at least some rubbish games on each platform, I have no intention of purchasing or keeping them on my shelf. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I collect to many other things too (huge geek all the way around), to spend money on games I have no intention of ever playing. So no.

That's money I could have spent on more comics, movies, or CDs.

azure

No way, I only collect games I intend to play. Not to mention there is a ton of trash filling a lot of game libraries.

Warmsignal

Only one console so far and that's the Wii U for me as well. Not there yet, and it's already becoming difficult because a few games are already quite expensive. Not to mention there are probably 7 or 8 Just Dance games to pick up.

Not 100% certain I will fulfill the goal in the end. Despite having a small library, to me a full set of games starts to feel like a big pile of crap on the shelf rather than my collection fairly quickly.

spac316

I haven't and I'm pretty sure I never will, nor plan to do so. It's a very long and expensive endeavor. I only want games I know that I would want to play.

I am currently 2 games away from completing my original Xbox collection. Only need IHRA Drag Racing Sportsmen Edition and the Real World Golf bundle. Got my eyes on a RWG Bundle on ebay I plan to buy 1st thing next month. IHRA is proving to be difficult though.

Edit: Posted before I read some of the other replies. For the record, I've got 862 of 864 Xbox games plus a few variants/demos(Fable: The Lost Chapters for example). I would say that I was able to obtain almost all of them for an average of $4 per game or less. I bought a bulk of the sports titles I needed from a retro store who was happy to clear some of that crap off their shelf for $1 each, and bought around 200-300 of them off a resale shop at 10 for $20 over the course of a year or so. Even the last 100 I needed were mostly simple to get cheap with a bit of patience. Got my copy of Call of Cthulu for $20, Teen Titans for $40, Futurama for $30(tho need a box & booklet still), and my copy of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis was only $45. Same deal with Outrun 2006, got it out of a wholesale lot that only cost me $55 and had 25 games total, 17 of which I still needed.

The basic moral of this story is that you can basically find every game you need for a specific collection if you're patient and persistent. As for the WiiU games, I'd make friends with the employees at any gamestop w/in 50 miles and see if you can't get their help locating games for you. GS will eventually clear out old stock and you can probably get a lot of the ones you'll need for a significant discount. Just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:41:47 pm by xsuicidesn0wmanx »

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

I'm trying my hardest right now!

My main goal for my collection is a complete North American Xbox 360 retail collection. At just over 1,200 games, it's certainly a daunting task, but I do feel as if I've gotten over the critical hump. Once my next package comes in, I'll be hitting the 700 game milestone. It's a long road ahead of me, but I wouldn't consider it unfeasible as outside of around a dozen or so titles, I can find most everything for relatively cheap. The biggest obstacles are more just the sheer size of it all plus I like to get stuff for my other collections (board and card games as well as vintage Star Trek toys).

There are at least some rubbish games on each platform, I have no intention of purchasing or keeping them on my shelf. 
To me, that's part of the fun. I get a kick out of having games like Hannah Montana or Pimp My Ride in my collection. And when me and my buddies have game nights, we like to occasionally pop one it just to razz it, so more MST3K and less AVGN. It's also funny to picture someone giving a detailed look at my gamertag and going "This man's 100% completed Barbie Puppy Rescue, but didn't bother to finish Bioshock? Wtf?"

No offense to anyone currently going for a full set or that has a full set, but I always thought completionist collecting was a huge waste of money. I believe every console has at least a few good games, but every console also has a lot of crap, usually the majority of the library actually. People who feel the need to collect all these crap titles, even if they only cost a buck are two are throwing away money on something that is likely not desired at all, certainly not good, and in combination with buying other crappy games, could have saved money to get something actually worth getting. However, with all that said, I have off and on considered going for a full Dreamcast collection, mostly because 1) I LOVE the Dreamcast and 2) I am already have over half the US library. But as soon as I see a cheap copy of NFL2K or some other lame sports title I quickly realize how dumb it would be to spend any money on such titles. I collect games I want to play, and there are too many games that I would never have any interest in playing to go for a full set on any console.

I have a full set of every video game for the Tele-Fever console. https://vgcollect.com/item/45114 This console has only 4 games under their own Tele-Fever brand. I have them complete with manuals and boxes. They are really rare and hard to find, because that system was sold in a short period of time - about two weeks on a special promotional sale.

I don't see the points in owning a bunch of games i'd probably never even play, i just collect what i find interesting and intend on playing. :)

There's too much junk in most system libraries for me to want a complete set. I love that other people do it for archival purposes, but I have no interest.

Having said that, it's not totally outside the realm of possibility that I will someday have a complete run- but only because I have some systems with horrifically tiny libraries. I mean, when 30 games or less will do the job, it doesn't hurt to consider it.

sworddude

realisticly Maybe for the neo geo pocket.

As far as completionist goes If you have a full library of neo geo aes or neo geo cd there are barely any trash titles around in those libraries pretty much non existent even the sport titles are great.

Only A few gambling titles wich are trash.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

I have 99.85% of a licensed NES set.  All but Stadium Events. 

I'll probably go for a full Virtual Boy set.  That seems like fun.