Author Topic: What games do you plan to beat this summer?  (Read 2069 times)

guilty0fbeing

What games do you plan to beat this summer?
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:50:14 am »
What games do you plan to beat this summer?

I find this hard for me to do because I go back and forth... and a three-year-old keeps me busy.

The Last Guy (PS3) - I really enjoy this game, but I ended up not finishing it. Honestly, I don't care about all the Trophies. I just want to beat the game. Also, I'm really happy I own a physical copy of this game; I love everything about TLG. You guys should REALLY check this out!

Nier: Automata (PS4) - Nope. I'm not going for all the ending or Trophies; I just want to play it and beat it.

Little Nightmares (PS4) - I just got this in the mail.

Aqua Kitty DX (Vita) - Yep.

Astebreed (PS4) - I hope I get to this. Yes, I WILL get to this!

I want to play more of, though I'm not sure I'll beat 'em:

BotW (Wii U) - I need to get back into this.

Persona 5 (PS4) - #Backlog4Days

Re: What games do you plan to beat this summer?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:40 am »
Is *The Last Guy in English?  I've been thinking about importing it for a while, but if it's not in English I may just buy it digitally at some point.

As a 9-5 guy who doesn't get "summers" anymore, summer is no different for me than any other time of year.  So I'll just keep working towards my 104 goal like the rest of the year.

Oh shit waddup, I already own The Last Guy digitally.  Don't even remember that.

Apparently it was free with PS+ March 2016.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:04:45 am by ignition365 »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 10:03:17 am »
Is *The Last Guy in English?  I've been thinking about importing it for a while, but if it's not in English I may just buy it digitally at some point.

The game menu is in English. It plays just like the English PSN version. I like the Japanese language. It just feels right. If I were you, I would get a copy of this game. It's just beautiful to own in physical form. This game does not get the credit it deserves.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 10:08:05 am »
I took a bit of a break from replaying the games in my top 10 games of all time for the purpose of re-evaluating them among my favorite games of all time. I will probably pick up FFVII soon, and then playing the following games again for sure this summer:

- Super Mario 64
- Half Life 2
- Zone of the Enders
- Resident Evil (GC remake)
- Marvel vs Capcom 2
- Radiant Silvergun
- Perfect Dark

Beyond that I will probably play some more shmups in order to build up my list of favorites from that genre.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 10:09:55 am »
I plan to beat as many games as possible this summer.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 10:17:30 am »
I didn't list any retro stuff because I typically play that when I feel like it. Most of the retro games I plan to play and/or replay are shmups, particularly Super R-Type, Gyruss, Image Fight, Parodius, and R-Type III. I have so many retro games to play, especially on GBA... but I just don't have the time like I did in the past.

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 02:17:15 pm »
Vixen 357
War Song
Image Fight
Transformers
Aero Blasters
Clock Tower 3
Robot Alchemic Drive
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Tokobot Plus: Mysteries of the Karakuri
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness

shepard11

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 11:49:34 pm »
I'm hoping to put a dent in my 159 games on my xboxone harddrive. So I can finally clean some of it off and make room for all the physical games I have in my xboxone drawer.

Sleeping Dogs
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Wolfstein
Far Cry 4

(just to name a few)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 02:55:55 am »
I will actually have a good chunk of free time in the summer that I'm planning on tackling some of the longer titles I've purchased.

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Really just want to dive into this game and experience it.
Persona 5 - Again, just want to dive in.
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix - At one point this was one of my all time favorite games. I want to see see if it still holds up to what I remember.
Final Fantasy VII - Never played this one. It's time.

There's also some shorter games like Sunset Overdrive, Battlefield 1, or Bayonetta that are on the docket.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 03:43:16 am »
A few games that i've started that i need to beat and hopefully will beat this summer since i have a lot of free time are.

1: Hollow Kight
2: Ghost 1.0
3: Dead Cells (not sure if you can beat this game yet since it's still early access)
4: Ori and the blind forest.
5: Stardew Valley (the main story for the first 3 years)
6: The Last Of Us (I just finally got a Playstation 3 to play it)

A lot of Metroidvania style games which is pretty typical of me since it's my favorite game genre.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 04:14:47 am »
Summer is good for the 'ole backlog and older stuff as I'm only getting Splatoon 2 I think, which is in July, so I'm replaying the Darksiders games with Darksiders 3 announced.  Gonna sit down to finish Tales from the Borderlands, and I'm going to go back to beat Horizon Zero Dawn.  I only completely the east side of the map before you start pushing west as Breath of the Wild was coming out and I didn't want to burn out on an open world action game before that.

telly

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 08:07:57 pm »
By the end of the summer I'll be cutting down on the consoles I have around. I'll just have the Wii U, so before that I'm trying to beat as many PS2 and PS3 games as possible.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 02:08:16 am »
Just finished Final Fantasy IV Advance.

Plan on going straight to FFV Advance to follow it up.

After that, who knows. I just go with what I feel like.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 09:16:20 pm »
Breath of the wild

athmaus

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 12:25:27 pm »
Still got to beat BotW.  I am not gunna do the 100% on the seeds, but i wanted to get my armor up to 100% and 10 quests that i have yet to find in antitication for the DLC coming in a few weeks, but after i beat hard to grind just for those parts needed.