Author Topic: Things in gaming that most people love but you hate?  (Read 1957 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Things in gaming that most people love but you hate?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »
I'm with you on Ocarina of Time. I've tried so many times to get into that game, since I love the 2D entries of Zelda to death. But I just can't.

My biggest has to be stealth missions. I don't play stealth games because I don't like them. So why stick a forced stealth mission in the middle of an action game or platformer? Drives me insane!

I mean it's not like you're playing a platformer and suddenly it turns into a FPS. So why do game developers like to do this with stealth?

Agozer

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 07:39:18 pm »
Playstation controllers.

I can't see how people think they're the pinnacle of controller evolution. The shoulder buttons suck, the sticks are floaty and uncomfortably placed, and it fits so uncomfortably in my hands that they cramp up after 15-20 minutes or so.
I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum here. I can't stand the Xbox/XBone controller design, because the sticks are so awkwardly placed and the triggers feel weird. The PlayStation 3 controller's triggers were poorly designed, I will give you that. They are far better on the PSX, PS2 and PS4 though.

Other than this I can't think of anything in gaming that most people love but I hate.

Oh yeah, I can't stand the the entire XBox brand as a whole and almost everything and anything associated with it. I wouldn't go as far a calling it 'hate', but the whole thing pisses me off to no end. The pinnacle of this might have been the 'Halo + Mountain Dew + Doritos' thing.

Come at me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:42:45 pm by Agozer »

stealthrush

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 02:21:09 am »
1. Sandbox genre
2. Story driven action-adventure games
3. First-Person shooters
4. Western RPGs
5. Nintendo 64

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »

Oh yeah, I can't stand the the entire XBox brand as a whole and almost everything and anything associated with it. I wouldn't go as far a calling it 'hate', but the whole thing pisses me off to no end. The pinnacle of this might have been the 'Halo + Mountain Dew + Doritos' thing.

I'll come at you...  with a high five and a six-pack.  Cheers!  Microsoft sticking its talentless nose into video games is one of console gaming's greatest blemishes.  They had basically nothing so bought Bungie to have a killer app with Halo.  Combine with a $500 million marketing budget (think about that for a second) to convince Joe Dudebro to buy it, and enough people did.  And still do.

So yea, my answer would also be Microsoft.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 04:43:47 pm by glazball »

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 05:20:30 pm »
I cannot stand stealth in video games, especially games that are not stealth, but it forces you to be hidden in order to progress through certain areas. It just find the whole thing ultra tedious and slow; more or less the video game equivalent to wanting paint dry.

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
Fanboyism (and the ensuing console bashing)
Online games
Let's plays
Game collecting (lol)
Limited Run Games (or any sort of operation like that)
Download only games

2. Story driven action-adventure games

Everyone knows that story is better without adventure, and adventure is better without story... and action? Nobody's got time for that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:43:23 pm by Warmsignal »