Author Topic: Regarding Warzone 2100 and Spyro Collectors' Collection  (Read 765 times)

pzeke

Regarding Warzone 2100 and Spyro Collectors' Collection
« on: May 27, 2017, 11:26:26 am »
Hi there, new here, yada-yada...

I made some edits to some entries, and some stuff got rejected, which I'm not going to make a fuzz about, as I'm mostly here to keep tabs on my collection. However, for two of them I uploaded front covers given the current ones don't properly correlate with the actual product, and these were seemingly rejected as well.

Case and point being Warzone 2100, which has, what I believe an early cover.

Not the actual cover.

ACTUAL cover.

The same goes for Spyro Collectors' Collection, which, while technically has the "correct" cover, the current image is a placeholder commonly used online on Amazon and eBay to name examples.

Placeholder, not actual cover.

ACTUAL cover. Difference is small, but noteworthy.

By the way, the database has quite a number of duplicates. I made the common mistake of not copy+pasting the ones I came across, but here are some I just stumbled with:

Beyond Good and Evil dupe of Beyond Good & Evil
D.I.C.E.- DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises dupe of DICE: DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises
EDITED

And that would be all. See you around...maybe...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:50:57 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

hexen

Re: Regarding Warzone 2100 and Spyro Collectors' Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:20:03 pm »
The good and bad thing about this database is that it is user maintained. This can be bad, because there are MANY people who don't know how or don't take the time to make sure games aren't already in the database, there are a lot of times I see incredibly common items duped I can't believe anyone would think where not in the database (Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.) and it is surely annoying. I really wish there was a 'mark as duplicate' button or something, but there is a thread somewhere for posting dupe findings.

On the other hand, the user-driven nature makes the database incredible. Find something with an incorrect cover, name, etc.? Just submit an edit to it! Both cases you listed could be fixed simply by doing that, I've done it 100s of times. I used the be really anal about it, but I realized that mistakes are bound to happen and can be fixed as they are discovered. They also don't detract from the overall very accurate nature of most submissions.

I know it can be annoying, but I always find it worthwhile to sharpen things up and accept total perfection is impossible with something this size.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:22:04 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

Re: Regarding Warzone 2100 and Spyro Collectors' Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 12:46:24 pm »
By the way, the database has quite a number of duplicates. I made the common mistake of not copy+pasting the ones I came across, but here are some I just stumbled with:

Beyond Good and Evil dupe of Beyond Good & Evil
D.I.C.E.- DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises dupe of DICE: DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises

Welcome to the VGCollect!

Dupes removed.
Here you have a thread for duplicates, it helps admins to maintain the database. https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8001.0.html