Author Topic: Have you ever sold/traded a game that you wish you didn't?  (Read 6548 times)

What game that you sold do you wish you had back right now?  Have you ever made a bad decision in regards to parting with a game or games? :)

For me when i was little i sold so many Xbox 360 games just to get other newer ones instead of just saving up because i was young and dumb.  So i lost so many incredible titles for both PS2 and 360. I even traded a giant PS2 lot once.  And looking back i probably have owned at least 150 xbox 360 games in my life and i own like 7 now.  And Xbox 360 was my favorite console but now i need to rebuild after i nuked my own collection.  I was so careless and i wasn't quite a collector at the time.  I wish i would have kept them because alot of them i want back and now i have to piece them back 1 by 1.  :(   

What game/games do you wish you never sold?  :D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:06:15 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

shepard11

Re: Have you ever sold/traded a game that you wish you didn't?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 04:14:10 pm »
Tales of the Syphomia for GC. I love that game and don't know why I traded the damn thing back in 2007.

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
Traded Monkey ball, wave race, excite truck, mario sunshine, ssx  and a couple of other titles in 07' for $20 at the time since i wanted money.

Thankfully, as of a few months ago  w/ finding the gc version of ssx tricky, I have them all back in my collection.

stealthrush

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 05:02:44 pm »
- I regret trading Rival Schools for PS1 on 99gamer (defunct)
- I regret selling Bulk Slash for Saturn in 2008
- My CIB of Mega Man 7 for SNES was stolen in the nineties.
- I regret leaving CIB Tech Romancer for DC at my friends house years ago now lost contact.

I don't regret selling Cubivore, the game was not for me.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:13:12 pm »
Brigadine for ps1 but my son got it for me on my birthday a couple years back.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 09:26:48 pm »
Now that I see the prices that Tectoy games are reaching on eBay, I really regret giving most of my Master System Europe/South America exclusive games to my young cousin some 20 years ago.
I used to have things such as Sapo Xulé vs os Invasores do Brejo, Mônica no Castelo do Dragão and Mortal Kombat II to name a few...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:36:30 pm by ferraroso »

doafan

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 10:49:53 am »
Am pretty sure that I did a lot of mistakes when was younger but these are the ones that at this day I still regret  :'(

* Sold my first SNES Jr.  to get a Playstation 1 and damn I worked so hard to get that SNES, sold it with Street Fighter Alpha 2, Samurai Showdown and Super Mario World.
* Gave to one of my cousins that Playstation1  because he wasn't able to purchase one (back in that days I did care for others) but I didn't gave him none of my titles.
* Trade at some EB Games X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter just to get Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes.
* Exchanged an almost new PS One in box with manuals and everything for an used Dreamcast that by the way I still have at my collection.
* Sold my Mega Man 5, Samurai Showdown and King of Fighter '95 all of them from the GameBoy and the first one is kinda expensive now.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 11:17:23 am »
My brother selling it:

We had the ultimate NES collection as kids. Our step-grandma used to send us her NES games after she beat them, often with accompanying Nintendo Powers that had the guide to that game.

So by the time we had finished, we had every "must-have" in the library. Every Dragon Warrior, every Mario, both Zeldas, every Mega Man, all 3 Lolos, the Ultimas, all 3 Double Dragons, both DuckTales, every Castlevania, and so on and so forth. We had the official cleaning kit. We had the snap on thumbstick controller accessories, the full on arcade stick, the gun, Game Genie, the hard-plastic holders that hold like 16-catridges, hard individual cases for the cartridges, the manuals...the whole 9-yards. (The only thing we didn't have anymore were the original boxes, because as kids we didn't think to keep them.)

My brother sold it all to GameStop (right after they bought out FuncoLand, so they were taking classic trade-ins still). And what did he get out of it? A freaking Game Boy Color when they were still new, with a game carrying case, and a handful of games. It still haunts me. Luckily, most of the games I really liked I have either re-acquired, or for the more expensive ones they've been re-released (Dragon Warriors via GBC & DS, MM Anniv. Collection, DuckTales 2 recently, Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii VC, etc).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:34:13 pm by burningdoom »

doafan

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 11:25:06 am »
My brother sold it all to GameStop (right after they bought out FuncoLand, so they were taking classic trade-ins still). And what did he get out of it? A freaking Game Boy Color when they were still new, with a game carrying case, and a handful of games. It still haunts me. Luckily, most of the games I really liked I have either re-acquired, or for the more expensive ones they've been re-released (Dragon Warriors via GBC & DS, MM Anniv. Collection, DuckTales 2 recently, Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii VC, etc).

Just wondering if you or your brother still remember how much money these bastards gave you for all of them, please don't said that they give you credit instead of money  :'(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »
Yeah, store credit. That's how he got the GBC stuff.

shepard11

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »
Yeah, store credit. That's how he got the GBC stuff.

Just puked in my mouth a little after reading your story there Doom

haloofthesun

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 05:02:25 pm »
I never sold anything I wished I hadn't, but when I went off to college my mother sold all of my NES games in a garage sale, including Little Samson, for 25 cents. I didn't even get the quarter!

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:28:18 pm »
I traded away nearly every childhood game I owned between the age of 5 and 18. I was able to get every single one of those back (never had anything super rare), but there ws some regret at one time for trading/selling those away.

Recently I have been downsizing my collection and have sold off some fairly rare/hard to find stuff. At least right now I can't say I miss any of it. Funny enough, I am not even sure I'd consider myself a collector anymore. Before selling some of it, I thought it would pain me greatly forever having sold it, but what's funny is beyond the initial hurdle of bringing myself to sell something, I can't say I miss anything I've gotten rid of. Probably the biggest aspect of that is if I ever do miss anything I've sold I can always go back and buy it again.

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 09:05:53 pm »
20 years ago I traded on PS1 Ogre Battle, Vagrant Story, Breath of Fire 3 and Xenogears for others games... The only I bought back since then is Xenogears.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

kashell

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 09:31:39 am »
Most stuff that I sold as a youth (and regretted) has been reacquired. There is one that I still haven't found due to it's price: LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete.

I'd like to get a copy of that again.