Author Topic: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 7163 times)

spac316

Re: June 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:13 pm »
- Earthbound

ugh I still have never seen a copy of this anywhere in the wild. one day.... one day...

That really surprises me, especially if you live near a large metro area. Contrary to popular belief, the game is not rare, hell I'd say at most it is borderline uncommon. The only reason it goes for the price it does is fanboys going on the message boards in the late 90s and early 2000s and saying how insanely good this game is. Chrono Trigger is amazing, Final Fantasy III is amazing, Breath of Fire of really good...Earthbound is meh at best, especially in comparison. If you haven't played it I'd recommend the $10 for it on the eShop to see if you actually like it. I found a copy of it at a thrift store in 2012 for $5, played it and really could not see what all the fuss was about and sold it.
It doesn't need to be Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger to be great. It is own awesome game. But certainly not worth $1,000(more or less, give or take). I heard back in the day it went on clearance for $30 in retail because it didn't sell. NOW everybody wants this game. I'm glad I kept my copy I got back in '96.
Makes me wonder if Nintendo has a secret Warehouse full of unsold copies of Earthbound among other games...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:26:36 pm by spac316 »

shepard11

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 02:50:22 pm »
So I had a rare Friday off. First time in almost like 4 years. I went to my favorite local haunt. The owner like man I haven't seen ya in weeks was about ready to put out your hold box. I was like man I'm working on getting a house, games aren't the first thing on my mind. So I have to buy everything out of my hold box before I can add anything to it again. Which is fine and I understand if anything he's saving me money in the long run. Explained to him how my one bud keeps buying me terrible games to play on my twitch channel. He laughed and gave me a free copy of Black Eyes Peas Experience and a Atomic Purple Game Boy Color for the cause. When I got home I noticed that there is some dead bugs inside the Game Boy Color it works but yuck. Outside of buying those Y-shape screwdrivers is there anything else I could use to get this bad boy open so I can clean it?

NES:
TMNT 3: Manhattan Project

Gameboy Color:
Gameboy Color Atomic Purple

Wii:
Black Eyes Peas Experience

N64:
Gex 64

Xbox:
Conflict Vietnam

Xbox 360:
Pure

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 12:33:50 pm »
Deals have been excellent over the past few weeks Overal Quality of the items was pretty high I won't complain

Gamestore deals for free

Psp all cib

Ape academy 2
ape academy 2 sealed
dynasty warriors strike force
Sweet fuse

DS all cib

Kirby paint brush
rune factory harvest

ps2

Guncom 2
samurai warrior 2

A mainly kingdom hearts deal 20 euro's worst case proably free easily pretty small deal

Kingdom hearts birth by sleep Limited edition complete in very shape

4 Guides

KIngdom hearts birth by sleep
kingdom hearts 3d drop distance
Kingdom hearts II limited edition
kingdom hearts 356/2 days

Neo geo software catalogue 15 euro's shipped just a nice oddity for the collection

Radiata historia 12,50 euro shipped cib excellent shape hard to find in europe and allot more pricy than in the US

2 NTC ps1 games a small loss of 10 euro's a pop shipped not easy to find in europe them being american exclusives

both cib excellent shape

Saga frontier
Final fantasy tactics

Boxed Nintendo deals all cib and in very nice shape pretty tough to find my kinda condition collectible console game boxes

All are non german boxes

Total carnage Snes 19 euro's shipped

Free Nintendo deal

N64

Mario 64
F zero X

SNes

Super R type   :D
Zombies   :D
Another world

Nes

Bayou billy

Ps2 has been pretty insane many excellent deals with some pretty wanted items for yours truly

Stuff I kept for free all cib excellent shape

only gradius V is dutch all the others with full english boxes

Dark chronicle strategy guide

We love katamari
ribbit king
crimson sea 2
godzilla unleashed
magna carta
growlanser heritage of wars
grimgrimoire
gradius V
Wild arms 4   :D
homura   :D
raiden III   :D

Sega deal all cib excellent shape

7,50 euro's a pop shipped

King of monsters
bubble squeek   :D

Free sega deals

A pretty intesting find someone's old stash of sega stuff with imported sega cd stuff quite rare to find such lots from original owners outside of the US.

DJ boy
Asterix power of the gods  :D
Mega Cd converter me being able to play my lunar 1 on my sega CD  :D
heimdall
Lunar II   ;D

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:28:07 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

shepard11

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 08:13:13 pm »
Yard Saling was a bust today. Only found two games but the Bremen City Wide Yard Sale is next weekend and I had great luck there last year. Maybe I can track down a super cheap Wii U this year.

GBA:
Shaun Palmer Snowboaring

Xbox:
Lord of the Rings The Third Age

theflea

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 01:47:49 am »
Time for more pick ups...
This week found a rare handheld I was not expecting to find at my local used game store.
Nothing too exciting from garage sales, I got sick this week and wasn't able to stay out hitting sales quite as long as usual.

First the store / online finds...

PS4
- Dark Rose Valkyrie - Collector's Edition with a Pin

XBone
Walmart had another clearance and a lot of their games.
- XCOM 2 ($15)
- Warhammer the End Times: Vermintide ($5)
- Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations ($5)

Wii U
- Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations ($5)

3DS
- The Smurfs ($5)
- Legend of Korra ($5)
- Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate ($5)
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam ($20)

NDS
- Planes ($3)

PS2
Saw this at my local used game store for $3, don't see it too often.
- ZatchBell! Mamodo Fury

DC
I'm on a kick looking for the weird Japanese games. It's a weird game where you have to try and make a guy leave his room and have a life by throwing balls at things in his room.
- Room Mania #203

N64
My local used game store got in a bunch of CIB N64 games, This one I was missing and it was only $3.
- Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

SNES
My Used game store also got in this SNES game I was missing.
- The Untouchables

GEN
My local used game store got this in CIB for $3.
- The Duel: Test Drive II

GBA
And last my used game store got in something I was so surprised to see. A rare Japanese GBA SP.
- Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP - Rayquaza Edition (Japanese Pokemon Center Exclusive)  :o
It even came with a protective shell for the system and was in mint condition. It was not cheap, but far cheaper then one on Ebay. The pic here doesn't do it justice.

Now onto the garage sales...

PS3
Picked up a bunch of PS3 games from different sales.
- Madden NFL 15 ($1)
- FIFA Soccer 12 ($1)
- NBA 2K13 ($1)
- MX vs. ATV Reflex ($2)
- Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds ($2)
- Time Crisis 4 ($3)

PSP
- Luxor: The Wrath of Set (.50c)

NDS
Found a bunch of loose NDS games, got all four for $8.
- Mario Hoops 3 on 3
- Super Mario 64 DS
- Kirby Super Star Ultra
- Pokemon Diamond Version

Wii
- Boom Blox: Bash Party ($1)

XB
- World Championship Pool 2004 ($1)

PS2
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent ($2)
- WWE Smack Down vs. Raw 2010 ($1)

GBA
At a random sale I see a Wii for $50. Not interested I ask if they had anything else video game, the man says no, but the as I was about to leave I hear the lady with him say "I think I still have my old Game Boy" I ask her I'd love to see it and she goes to get it. She brings out a Game Boy Advance SP (101) with six games. She couldn't find the charger. I ask a price and she says $15 okay? Here's the games it came with...
- Mystery game? (I checked it was The Invincibles)
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Lizzie McGuire 3
- Cinderella
- Super Mario Advance
- Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

N64
Found a bunch of crappy sport N64 games, only bought the one I was missing.
- FIFA Soccer 64 ($1.50)

GEN
Found a sale with a large stack of Genesis sport games, all CIB most looking next to new. At .25c each I bought all of them. lol
- Triple Play Gold Edition
- Triple Play 96
- NHL 97
- PGA Tour Golf III
- World Series Baseball 98
- Tecmo Super Bowl III

PS1/GC
I ask about games and the guy says he has some stuff he wasn't sure about putting out. He pulls out a tub from the back of the garage and I see a Gamecube in the box. I look inside and its the console only. But it looks like new. There was also a PS1 in the box but I really had no use for it. There was also a stack of PS1 games, I look through them and only find two worth getting. I ask a price for the Gamecube and the two games and he tells me $10.
PS1
- Casper
- Echo Night

NES
I hit a sale and ask about games, the lady tells me someone was just here asking about games 30 minutes ago and took my N64.  :( I saw there was another sale across the street, figured it was a lost cause but hit it anyway and again ask about games. She first says no, her husband has a bunch but he didn't want to sell anything. I ask what does he have? She says PS3 and PS2. I tell her okay I'm more trying to find the older stuff. She says how old? I tell her pretty much anything, old Nintendo, Sega, Atari then she says 'I think I still have my old Nintendo when I was a kid, would you be interested?" Yes I said. She goes to look and brings out 3 NES games. Saying it was all she could find. I left my number in case she found the rest. I got these 3 games for $4.
- Yoshi's Cookie
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3

And last I stopped at a sale that looked more like a junkyard in their front lawn. lol
I see a pile of electronics, mostly old computer parts. I see a box that gets my attention and pull it out. Its a Commodore VIC-20. I open the box the the system looked like it was never used. I ask the guy how much and he tells me. "I don't know... $10?" I tell him sure but before he let me pay him he wanted to take a selfie with it.  ???
He tells me he loves these old computer boxes. lol  ::)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:05:35 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 05:02:35 pm »
Goodwill finds:
Double Play Baseball LCD Dual Pack 1.49$
Big Daddy Pop Figure 2.99$
PS1 Gray Dualshock 1.5$
Madagascar PS2 cib 1.5$
Gun PS2 cib 1.5$
Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy cib 1.5$
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova PS2 cib 1.5$
NBA 2k7 PS2 case and manual free
Dora Saves The Crystal Kingdom Wii 1.5$

Yard Sale Finds:
6 Skylanders Giants Hex Figures sealed 1.5$

Mario And Luigi Bowsers Inside Story cib
Mario vs Donkey Kong Mini Land Mayhem cib
2 Axew Mcdonalds Toys
Golduck Figure
2 Madden Mcdonalds Toys  10$

Namco Museum GBA loose
Disney Princess GBA loose
Skrek GBA Video loose  .75$

White Wii system with some of the box inserts
Blue Remote with Motion Plus Adapter sealed
White Remote with Nunchuck
Wii Sports cib
Wii Fit Plus cib with board  20$

Carnival Games Wii cib
Active Life Extreme Challenge Wii cib 2$
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:13:06 pm by 98dgreen »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 06:44:45 pm »
I got a new Dreamcast game today. Sword of the Berzerker.

I got if for the low low price of the hookup. Holla if ya hear me!

A fellow VGCer sent me a gift. Appreciate it, my friend.

shepard11

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 01:08:36 am »
I got a new Dreamcast game today. Sword of the Berzerker.

I got if for the low low price of the hookup. Holla if ya hear me!

A fellow VGCer sent me a gift. Appreciate it, my friend.

Congrats on your gift. Always love to hear the dreamcast get
Some love since it's my favorite system

rayne315

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 10:38:40 pm »
OK so this is probably the best garage sale weekend I have ever had. we will start just down the line.

Pic 1: I went down to a garage sale that was 1 block away from my house ran by a little old Mexican lady, and although she had no games she did have 2 beat up boxed systems for sale. both had $25 written on them but I managed to get both for $30 because I helped the lady running the sale match power cords with random electronics (DVD players, Home phone system, etc)
Pic 2: around sale 5 of the day I stopped at had a few games and a few systems. everything was marked way over price and was all new stuff (ps4, xbox 1) but I decided to ask if they had anything older, after a bit of thinking they said to hold on and they would go scrounge around. After a few minutes they came out with a working GB SP, DS Lite, and the need for speed game on ps3. I asked what they wanted for them expecting a high number but they said $20 so I bought them.

Need for Speed: Undercover Greatest hits

The sale I hit right afterward I also asked for games and they brought out the 3 loose Dreamcast games and asked $5 for them all so I took them.

Disney's Dinosaur
Looney tunes Space Race
Q*bert

Pic 3: the 9 of these games were sprinkled throughout probably 4-5 different sales all but mortal kombat vs dc universe cost $1

PS2
Go Diedgo go!: Great Dinosaur rescue
Final Fantasy XII
Dora saves the Snow Princess
Wii
Disney: Hannah Montana: Spotlight World Tour
The Biggest Loser
Monster High: Ghoul Spirit
Xbox
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
New Legends
PS3
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Greatest Hits

Pic 4-last: The rest of this stuff (minus the ps4 games on the last pic) all came from the same sale. It was about 12:30 and we came across this ratty old sign (looked like it had seen a fair number of years or had been left out from the previous week) after following the signs for 3 turns we found ourselves directed into a church parking lot. great... never found anything at a church sale. Thank goodness it was actually someone who lived behind the church that was having the sale. we got there and the first thing we noticed was a stack of replica wands from harry potter, not listed but my gf picked up a few of them (there were ~30 in total with 12 varriations), all death eaters. But further down that same table was stacks of games! the first thing I noticed was a wii bundle with a price of $80 with every lego game on the system. I asked if they would piece it out and they agreed so I grabbed the 3 I was missing (that I could think of at the time).

Wii
Lego Batman
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga

further down was a few DS games all in cases but were all shovel ware titles I didn't care about except 1

DS
Harvest Moon DS: Island of Happiness :)

Next was a loose Ps2 fat, all the games for it had sold before I got there, it was marked $40 so I didn't end up picking it up.

And finally was PS1 games! I got SO excited because of the 2 stacks that were there the 2 top games were Breath of Fire III and DiscWorld II Mortality Bytes! neither one I had! First thing was first I asked the price on them and was told 1 for $5 or 2 for $8 so I started going through the 2 stacks and I literally didn't put a single game back they are all such good titles and hands down worth the $4 a piece (except the golden nugget, but it was the bottom of the second stack so I took them all anyway), while I was picking through them and talking to the owners they asked if I would buy sports games and that they would sell them to me cheap because they just wanted to get rid of them. I say yeah and she brings out a bag of 13 sports titles. I ask how much and she says $5 for the bag. deal, didn't even look at the titles. by now I was only 3 games away from checking to make sure all discs were in the cases. and they were along with all their manuals and secondary discs.

PS1
October 2000 playstation magazine
Gex
Deathtrap Dungeon :)
O.D.T.
Battle Stations
The Next Tetris
Legend of Mana :D
Diablo
Nightmare Creatures II :)
Shipwreckers!
Doom Greatest hits
Guardian's Crusade :)
Warcraft II: The Dark Saga
Front Mission 3 - Missing manuel
Legacy of Kain: soul Reaver
DiscWorld II: Mortality Bytes! :)
Breath of Fire III :D
Warhammer Shadow of the horned rat
Golden Nugget
Grandia :)
Koudelka :D
Beyond the Beyond :D
The Legend of Dragoon :)
Vagrant Story :D
Brigandine the legend of forsena :D
Tales of Destiny :)
Alundra 2 :D
Tactics Ogre :D

now for some math... at the sale I paid $60 total. we bought 4 wands at $5 a piece = $20 and the sports games at $5 leaving $35 left. I was told $2 a piece for the Wii games = $6 and the DS game was marked $4 leaving only $25 left over for 27 fantastic games and 1 playstation mag disc.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:42:26 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

shepard11

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 01:41:32 am »
Went Yard Saling today and hit up the bargain bin at Half Priced Books in Powell.

NES:
Jurassic Park

Wii:
Hip Hop Dance Experience
Just Dance 3
Karaoke Revolution
Thrillville Off the Rails

PS2:
Call of Duty 3 Special Edition
Disney's High School Musical 3 Senior Year Dance!
Pirates of the Caribbean The Legend of Jack Sparrow

Xbox 360:
Major League Baseball 2K8

I'm a sucker for cheap complete games (even if they are terrible ones). Suppose to visit my mother in law in her hometown this Saturday while the city wide yard sale is going on. I hope I find some badass stuff.

thewelshman

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:27 am »
I was able to do a little side work and save some cash to feed my collecting addicting. My main area of collecting is for the PlayStation platforms, and more specifically RPG/JRPGs. I'm slowly trying to rebuild my PS2, and PSP collection I foolishly sold off years ago. I'm also a sucker for the PS Vita. I might one day shoot for a 100% collection of that one.

PlayStation 2
Xenosaga
Xenosaga II (Very happy to find these complete at a very acceptable amount. Still looking for III to complete the trilogy.)

PlayStation Portable
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (A favorite of mine and one of the few PSP games I completed more than once.)
Mimana Iyar Chronicle (Been looking for a cheap and complete copy for some time.)

PlayStation Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
Broken Age (Limited Run Games)
Deemo (Limited Run Games)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Drive Girls
Resistance: Burning Skies
Soul Sacrifice
Stranger of Sword City
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni

PlayStation 4
Tales of Berseria
WhiteDay: A Labyrinth Named School (Pre-Ordered and kind of a cheat since I've paid for it, but it doesn't release until August.)

shepard11

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2017, 05:32:32 pm »
So I went to the Bremen "City" Wide Yard Sale. I wasn't as nice as last year a lot of places I hit up for games just didn't have anything and I didn't find any handheld games and/systems until the last house.

Gameboy:
Addams Family
WarioLand II
Yoshi

GBA:
Catz
Dogz x2
Paws & Claws Pet Resort

NDS:
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (CIB)

Wii:
Wii Play

PS2:
Sims 2 Castaway

PS3:
Little Big Planet 3
Marvel Super Hero Squad Comic Combat

Xbox 360:
All-Pro Football 2k8
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Platinum Hits
Darkness
Enchanted Arms
Virtua Tennis 3

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »
Not a huge amount over the last week or so:

DS:
Lovely Lisa
Squinkies 2
Littlest Pet Shop Country Friends
Littlest Pet Shop 3: Biggest Stars - Blue Team
Our House
Pogo Island

Adding games designed for little girls to my collection remains being funny.

360:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Titanfall
Top Hand Rodeo Tour
Fifa 14
Zumba Fitness Rush
491 games remain...

Also, on a more humorous note, I seem to be cursed in trying to get the game Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (a game for that snail racing movie) for the 360. This is now the third time I've purchased it online only to have something happen to the package along the way. Ah, well. It's not like I'm running low on 360 titles to buy quite yet.

sworddude

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2017, 04:51:46 am »

Also, on a more humorous note, I seem to be cursed in trying to get the game Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (a game for that snail racing movie) for the 360. This is now the third time I've purchased it online only to have something happen to the package along the way. Ah, well. It's not like I'm running low on 360 titles to buy quite yet.

Maybe the shipping employees mistook it for the wii u version and stole the package for a quick flip  ::), It is apparently a pretty pricy game for the wii u especially in the US

3 times is quite allot and for the 360 not really a game that sellers want to scam with, It's a waste of time. Doesn't seem like pure (bad)luck to me if that would happen 3 times with the same game.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:17:58 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

spac316

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »
I went to the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo the other day and came home with a nice haul.
I bought...
Ecco the Dolphin and Mickey Mania for Sega CD
Area 51 and Virtua Fighter Remix(blue disc) for Saturn
Super Mario Bros.(individual cart, make it look better next to my SMB3&3. Plan to find the box and manual, hopefully.) and Pinball Quest(CiB) for NES.
Metroid Prime Pinball for NDS
WWE Raw 2, Blinx the time sweeper and DoA XBV for XBox.
Twisted Metal 4 for PS1
SF2 Turbo for SNES
Alien Soldier Repro for Genesis
The Typing of the Dead for Dreamcast.
Also bought a shirt and perler bead black mage. The floppy is the Expo badge.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:59:14 pm by spac316 »