Author Topic: Amazon changing terms on Prime discounts on video games?  (Read 1707 times)

desocietas

Amazon changing terms on Prime discounts on video games?
« on: June 01, 2017, 07:35:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/870373818807799809/photo/1

I've never been able to find what I want from Best Buy, but I see some folks saying niche games are easy to get from them? What are the experiences/preferences of other VGC people? The perk for me at the moment is that I'm part of someone else's Prime family, so I actually am not paying for my discounts.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

Re: Amazon changing terms on Prime discounts on video games?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »
Well that sucks, I really enjoyed the discount on the limited/collector's editions  :-\

hexen

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:48 pm »
It's pretty annoying, though I mostly use Best Buy's discount. In fact, I only have Best Buy's discount because I bought the Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition and adding the membership gave me the discount right away and the collection + membership ended up costing LESS then just the game, so I got it for less then free. 2 years for such a small price makes it WAY better than Prime, but only for video games. I haven't had any trouble finding any games I am looking for, but I haven't been trying to buy much really obscure stuff.

I mainly only used Prime for Amiibos, but those are being removed too so... meh.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 03:46:32 am »
Niche games are sorta easy to get from Best Buy. In my experience they'll add Atlus, or NISA games into their online store before the game is released but will then sometimes delist some of the games after the game releases. If you know you want the game or find that they have a NISA limited edition or something, pre ordering is a good idea. Finding niche games in stores is few and far between.