Author Topic: E3 2017!  (Read 12106 times)

telly

E3 2017!
« on: June 08, 2017, 10:36:27 am »
With E3 2017 coming up in a few days, I wanted to start a thread to discuss the upcoming games from EA, Ubisoft, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. I'm looking forward to info on Ace Combat 7 and what games Nintendo has lined up for the Switch.

All press conference times PDT
EA is Sat 10th at 12:00
Xbox is Sun 11th at 2:00
Ubisoft is Mon 12th at 1:00
Sony is Mon 12th at 6:00
Nintendo is Tue 13th at 9:00 AM

Full scheduel at https://www.gamespot.com/e3/schedule

What games are you guys looking to see?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:55:37 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

Re: E3 2017!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:54:14 am »
Good to know. I didn't even realize E3 was this close
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 11:25:49 am »
I'm ready to see all of it, especially Nintendo.  I'm a fanboy.

I have a wishlist a mile long.  Give me some Switch stuff to look forward to.

There's also rumor of a big Game of Thrones game to be announced by Bethesda.  I'm playing the Telltale game right now, so I need more Game of Thrones

kashell

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:27:57 am »
I'm hoping to hear more about the new SMT for the Switch. There are a couple of Atlus titles that I would like some info on.

Most importantly, I'm hoping that Mana Collection for the Switch gets approved for localization. If that happens, I will drop what I'm doing and buy a Switch.

soera

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:43:46 am »
Ni No Kuni 2, Ys VIII (release date of 9/12 has been announced), God of War (although a release date of 11/28 has been posted), and mostly DQ XI are what I want to hear about.

If dreams are allowed - Bravely Default 3, a Phantasy star remake, and a 2d Metroid.

azure

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:05:14 pm »
I'm ready! I love watching E3, I invite my gaming friends over every year and we have a blast. I'm hoping to see more about things on the Switch side of things. SMT and Suda's new game mainly. I would like to see a new proper Metroid, but I am not holding my breath. It's hard to list everything I am excited to see because I have interest in so many games, the big one would be a confirmed release date for the new mainline DQ title for sure. The surprises of course are always fun to look forward to.

hexen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:38:53 pm »
Unless there is a complete surprise new thing (not sure if there has been such a thing for me sine Scribblenauts), what I want is pretty standard:

• New Elder Scrolls (or less likely Fallout) because these are the games I get absorbed into the most
  • Cuphead to get a date announced that is like this month because it is Mid-2017 you supposed-to-be-released-holiday-2016 jerks
  • Nintendo stuff, I dunno... interesting enough Switch stuff to make me want to get one besides Mario Odyssey
  • Other stuff that isn't lame I guess...

My hopes are not high, and I've never gotten much into E3 hype.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:24 pm »
I'd be pretty damned happy to see a new Fallout in the vein of New Vegas handed off to a different dev.

I'm taking next week off like always, so I'll be sitting around watching all week long.

I'm hoping to see some stuff on Fire Emblem Warriors and the new Switch FE title.
I'd love to see something about Smash for Switch.
Obviously looking forward to whatever Nintendo shows off in general for the Switch.

Looking forward to Bethesda's E3 show, they wouldn't be doing one if they didn't have something planned.  Usually, Bethesda doesn't announce stuff unless it is coming soon, read as in the next year.
Quake Champions obviously will be shown, but I feel like this isn't dedicating all of id's time, so maybe we'll see something Doom related?
Maybe we'll finally get some info on BattleCry?
I'm expecting something from Tango Gameworks and MachineGames.  Maybe a new Evil Within or Wolfenstein?  Maybe exactly what I want a Fallout spinoff again.
Definitely going to hear about Morrowind or other ESO stuff.
Maybe some Fallout 4 VR info?

I don't expect anything Elder Scrolls or Fallout directly from Bethesda.  Not this soon.  It's possible that we could hear something about ES6, but I just don't expect anything about it before the VGAs.

Ubisoft will probably pleasantly surprise me, but I'm already looking forward to Far Cry 5.

EA will fall on its face like every year.  I'm glad to hear NFS is bringing back the pause button (allegedly), but that's not enough to recover.

MS and Sony will have tons to show I'm sure, but I'm not super impressed with anything coming from either company in the near future other than maybe Days Gone.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:31:46 pm by ignition365 »

realpoketendonl

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 03:39:58 pm »
My dreams for a Bayonetta 3 live on! Also, any Smash Bros news would be good news for me!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

telly

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 03:49:40 pm »
I would honestly like to see Smash 5 rather than bringing Smash for Wii U/3DS to the Switch. I know it's probably the latter if anything, but the poor Wii U is getting gouged of all it's titles, and I already have the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash 4  :-\
Currently Playing:

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 03:49:59 pm »
I try not to get too hyped for E3 because I feel like publishers rarely meet my expectations (except for E3 2015, that was INSANE!). With that said, if any of the following games are announced I will consider it a good E3:

- Half Life 3 (the game that has become my new Shenmue 3; it may or may not ever happen, but if it does I will have a full on meltdown)
- Elder Scrolls 6
- Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines remake or sequel (this is a HUGE longshot, but would be awesome!)
- DOOM 5

In other words I will be watching Bathesda's conference really close. There are of course other games that I am not thinking of or new IPs that might really interest me, but who knows. Here is hoping this is a decent E3.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:53:19 pm »
I love E3. No other industry gets excited about upcoming projects like video games.
- I'm very curious about how Microsoft presents Scorpio.
- I want to see more Mario Odyssey but it probably won't be enough to get me to buy a Switch.
- Will Kingdom Hearts 3 show up? I'm still predicting a late 2018 release date despite what Square said with it being within in "3 years or so" I lean more towards the "or so"
- I'm mainly excited to see what Sony has up it's sleeves. What is Sucker Punch working on? Uncharted: Lost Legacy, God of War and Spider-Man all look very promising. Vita 2
Woo!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:58:18 pm by Limeface »

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

- Will Kingdom Hearts 3 show up? I'm still predicting a late 2018 release date despite what Square said with it being within in "3 years or so" I lean more towards the "or so"

Nah, they'll anounce KH 2.9991 with remakes of remakes of the first KH and a tecnocolor version of Birth by Sleep. I'm convinced at this point that Square hates KH fans and enjoys watching them get pissed off and have their dreams crushed.

telly

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 03:59:51 pm »

Nah, they'll anounce KH 2.9991 with remakes of remakes of the first KH and a tecnocolor version of Birth by Sleep. I'm convinced at this point that Square hates KH fans and enjoys watching them get pissed off and have their dreams crushed.

Ugh seriously. Kingdom hearts 2.9991 Epilogue Forward Final Chapter HD Reeeeeemix
Currently Playing:

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »
I would honestly like to see Smash 5 rather than bringing Smash for Wii U/3DS to the Switch. I know it's probably the latter if anything, but the poor Wii U is getting gouged of all it's titles, and I already have the Wii U and 3DS versions of Smash 4  :-\

As long as they added at least 10 new fighters and 6 or so new stages, as well as more trophies, modes, and features I'd be willing to buy an updated version of Sm4sh on the Switch. Who knows though, Smash 5 might happen. Wouldn't be floored if this was announced, but it would make me very happy.