Author Topic: E3 2017!  (Read 13905 times)

Re: E3 2017!
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2017, 04:50:49 pm »
3ds announcements are being made during the treehouse event.

Apparently Prime 4 isn't being made by Retro Studios but rather an entirely new studio.

So now I'm wondering what Retro Studios is working on, I've heard they are finally getting the freedom to make a new IP, but we'll just have wait.

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
I have to rant here FUCK YOU nintendo

I understand the focus is on switch

but the whole direct and not even a mention of the 3ds

realy pissed about that

also am I the only one who is disapointed by this e3?

ubisoft and sony where ok but not amazing

last year sony was so good

Because there's no reason to do a big push for the 3DS.  It's got a year or two left and the Switch is its replacement.  Plus they went and announced 3DS games at Treehouse Live for it in what was essentially an extended presentation of everything.  Reel it back in, there's no need to be so upset lol

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2017, 05:49:05 pm »
With E3 mostly done, all the major announcements being out there, this is how I saw it, with the games that interested me and the ones that I am excited for and this includes stuff already revealed, not just unknown reveals.  Also not gonna count stuff that had no information like Pokemon for Switch or Metroid Prime 4, because there was nothing accompanying them.  Realized that three levels would be better as I have the stuff I think will be a blast, stuff I think is good, but either I've known about for awhile or are just gonna be fine, and then interested is more "I want to be super into this, but I'm playing the waiting game".

EXCITED
Mario + Rabids Kingdom Battle
Wolfenstein 2
Monster Hunter World
Super Mario Odyssey
Metro Exodus
Dragonball Fighter Z

GOOD
South Park: Fracture But Whole
Far Cry 5
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Ori 2
Spider-Man
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors

INTERESTED
Battlefront 2
Anthem
Evil Within 2
Skull & Bones
Days Gone
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
Code Vein
Cuphead
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.

Don't think I missed anything, but it's a pretty god dang good list.

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2017, 06:10:34 pm »
I gotta re-do my hype train.

Metroid: Samus Returns
Fire Emblem Warriors
Days Gone
Spider-man
Agents of Mayhem
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Super Mario Odyssey                                        (       ALL      )
Assassin's Creed: Origins                                 (         3        )
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus                    ( SAME DAY )
Crackdown 3
Need For Speed: Payback                               (Assuming it has a pause button)
Vampyr
Code:Vein
Detroit: Become Human
Skyrim (Switch)
ToeJam and Earl: Back in the groove
Kirby (2018)
Yoshi (2018)
Fallout VR
Doom VFR
Skyrim VR
Far Cry 5
Metro Exodus

I'm hyped about too much... and with GCU + $10 rewards, I can buy the games for like $38 and then turn around and sell it for $40ish right when I'm done.

I have games to get through before new installments come out

Far Cry Primal
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metro Last Light
Crackdown 2 (If I haven't finished it)
Metroid (NES)
Super Mario 3D World
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:12:15 pm by ignition365 »

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2017, 06:13:38 pm »

Crap, Wolfenstein and Mario are the same day? I hate having to choose between games I'm interested in!

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »

Crap, Wolfenstein and Mario are the same day? I hate having to choose between games I'm interested in!
At the rate I'm beating games, I have no issue buying all 3 same day... But I think Mario wins.

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2017, 06:28:06 pm »
Yeah I'll end up getting Mario first for sure, it's what I've been wanting for quite awhile.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2017, 06:56:31 pm »
by the way was it just my imagination, or was it implied the Pauline was singing the song in the Mario Odyssey?

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2017, 07:00:44 pm »
by the way was it just my imagination, or was it implied the Pauline was singing the song in the Mario Odyssey?
Not implied.  Confirmed.  She is also the Mayor of New Donk City.

Also, Just Dance 2018 out for Wii, Wii U, and Switch.

Yes, Wii is still alive.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:45:21 pm by ignition365 »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2017, 09:17:20 pm »

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2017, 09:27:38 pm »
SAY WHAAAAT?
http://operationrainfall.com/2017/06/13/hack-gu-remaster-announced/
Dope, hope it gets localized so I don't have to buy the other 2 GU games.

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2017, 09:39:13 pm »

azure

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »
Yeah! Saw this earlier today and told my friend the same thing. Would be awesome if this was brought over.

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2017, 01:52:51 am »

This is such a impressive beast that puts the PS4 Pro to shame.  I hope Sony makes the PS5 right after.  If they plan on floating by on just PS4 Pro they are going to lose a lot of 4K TV owning customers who are going to buy this 6 teraflop beast of a console.   

Sadly 500 is pricey for a reiteration of the original xbox even though it upscales the old games as well as make 1080 look better with smoother visuals and textures.  I don't think i will buy one unless gamestop does a good trade in promotion on the old xbox ones :)

What is everyone's thoughts on Xbox One X :D.     It was the star of E3 for me and the new forza looks stunning.  The visuals and textures look enhanced and i think it will be a powerhouse.   

My favorite part about it is that it's not a new console entirely.  Which means old xbox one games will play on it,  no worry for backwards comaptability and the new games will play on old consoles as well.  Its very nice.  I wish it came bundled with an elite paddle for that price though.    :)

Also the original duke "fat boy" controller from original xbox is being remade for Xbox One!!  Soo pumped for that.  Just for novelty sake. http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/12/e3-2017-original-xbox-duke-controller-returns-for-xbox-one
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:54:42 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2017, 02:37:58 am »
The XBox One X is poorly named and will likely only offer Microsoft a relatively normal boost in console sales.  Sure, it's the first one into the 4k gaming console scene, but I don't think they have the games to really back it up.  It'll run multi-platform games the best most likely compared to the Pro, but Playstation has the biggest piece of the market right now for console gaming and a pretty serious exclusive game list to back itself up, which is one reason Xbox hasn't been doing so great in comparison and I don't think their showing did enough to say otherwise.

I thought the showing of the system was good, it's very slick and well designed, and Microsoft is doing some nice stuff with backwards compatibility, but I was not impressed with their game showing.  Forza 7? Eh.  Crackdown 3? Genuinely underwhelming showing.  Sea of Thieves? Probably will be fine, but that's not a system seller.  Cuphead/Ori 2? Great games that aren't big games.  They had no really big guns for it and I think that'll hurt them.

In the end, while the XboneX will be more powerful, it'll also be a 100 dollars more than the Pro (maybe even more if Sony gets extra cheeky and knocks something off the price tag around then) and Playstation is already dominating.  Microsoft is swimming upstream and I don't know if it has enough to compete with the dominant Sony and the possible revival of Nintendo.

Also the "Duke" was awful lol I think the only more awkward official controller I had used was the N64 one.  I was so glad to get the S controller at the time.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:41:09 am by kamikazekeeg »