Author Topic: Display Shelf Ideas?  (Read 4019 times)

ffxik

Re: Display Shelf Ideas?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 03:20:01 pm »
If memory serves Wiggy from Rose Colored Gaming manufactures his own goods.  So wait times could be high on some

athmaus

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 02:56:43 pm »
Thanks for the actual stand ideas, we foudn some really cheap shelfing at IKEA this weekend that we will get to hang on wall so we can display them with the stands ;)

soera

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 03:12:43 pm »
After weighing the cost of having to buy 20 of those controller stands, I decided to go another route. I can take the $200 and build me another entire wall unit to house my PS4 stuff.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »
I bought some shelves from Target and a couple of drawers and shelves from Amazon.  They were pretty cheap and all had a similar look.  I also bought a number of those hand held stands from Rosecolored gaming.  I then created a tiered insert out of cardboard and just spray painted it to put on one of the shelves.  It didn't cost much, but came out nice enough for me.  I'll post pics on my thread when I get some free time.

Good luck with your project.  Show us how it came out!

He's no good to me skinny.

soera

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 04:52:45 pm »
After weighing the cost of having to buy 20 of those controller stands, I decided to go another route. I can take the $200 and build me another entire wall unit to house my PS4 stuff.

Well, its done. Pics are imminent! And I have to say, I love my controller display more than any other idea/option I have seen out there.

soera

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 05:47:26 pm »
First off is the change to my "wall". Since I had to move all the controllers out and off the shelves, I wanted to put other stuff on the shelves. I repositioned the shelves to fit my ps1/soundtracks and it allowed me to fit my whole freak series together and even room for the PSX.

Next is my PS4 area. I added shelves above the stands to hold all my consoles. The game shelves are at a full 480 games now. Closing in on that big 500.

Finally my controller display. I acquired this weird piece of steel a while back orginally to make a controller display out of it. I finally figured out how to do it. I even have one more holder for when I get my DQ XI controller.

azure

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 05:54:44 pm »
Looking good Soera, love the Helix/Healslime plushies as well.

athmaus

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 11:33:56 am »
WOw that is insane! Looks great.  I thought i had a lot of games!  Still waiting on getting shelves, never have time to go it seems.

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »
"Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting"

What that heck does that mean and why can't I see Soera's pics?
He's no good to me skinny.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 04:58:05 pm »

It means that the photos were removed from photobucket's website, likely by photobucket themselves as they recently changed a lot of their hosting services.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:42:57 pm by jce3000gt »

Warmsignal

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 11:04:23 pm »

It means that the photos were removed from photobucket's website, likely by photobucket themselves as they recently changed a lot of their hosting services.

I think Photbucket is a paid service now, at least for hosting images.

soera

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 11:10:03 pm »
I know photobucket changed ... but now you cant link pics at all?

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 08:10:51 am »
Free photobucket accounts have a limited bandwidth, so once an image has been downloaded/viewed so many times the file is no longer available.

pzeke

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 12:12:40 am »
Free photobucket accounts have a limited bandwidth, so once an image has been downloaded/viewed so many times the file is no longer available.

How the mighty have fallen.

First ImageShack when it forced the subscription/premium/whatever crap, and now Photobucket.

Here's hoping the best for the alternatives we currently have.

Anyway, sorry for the deviation. Carry on.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!