Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 9904 times)

athmaus

SNES Classic
« on: June 26, 2017, 01:40:43 pm »
Have you heard that Nintendo is releasing the SNES Classic: http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic

Another system that i will never get my hands on like the NES classic. lol

Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 01:50:48 pm »
I already pre-ordered mine from Amazon UK.  Getting in on that Super Famicom goodness.

Probably will be cancelled though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:52:42 pm by ignition365 »

spac316

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »
No doubt scalpers will be all over it.
I'm disappointed they won't include DKC 2&3, but still a solid list overall. It even has Earthbound on it. Star Fox 2 is a shock.
Pardon my cynicism, but I'm still rather bitter at how they handled the NES Mini, so it's difficult for me to get excited for this. But if I do see one in retail, I may get it, if not for the sake of having an official release of Star Fox 2.
Not that I don't already have an SNES with most of those games on carts.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:01:24 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:58:46 pm »
Starfox 2 is not playable out of the box.  You have to beat the first level of the first Starfox to unlock Starfox 2.

spac316

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:07:38 pm »
Starfox 2 is not playable out of the box.  You have to beat the first level of the first Starfox to unlock Starfox 2.
Yeah, I heard of that. Kind of dumb, but hey I'm sure most of us here can beat the first level of Starfox with one hand tied behind our backs! lol

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 02:23:29 pm »
Nintendo's official statement is that the SNES Classic will have a significantly higher production run, but will only run through the end of the year.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 02:37:26 pm »
I hope they manufacture a butt-load and the scalpers get screwed over!

athmaus

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 02:54:03 pm »
i still miffed i coudlnt get an NES classic

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 02:55:20 pm »
Also have read that there will be 5 ft long cables this time around. Still not long enough, imo, considering the sizes of people's TVs, but better than what it was for the NES Classic.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 02:59:55 pm »
I'll definitely be trying to get one, but if I can't get one online, I'm not doing anything extra to grab this.  The local game group I'm in is gonna try and get extras if possible, just so that they can be handed out within the group for those who miss it, so there's a chance there also.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »
I'm just going to go buy a 6-12 foot HDMI cable.

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 03:04:11 pm »
I'm just going to go buy a 6-12 foot HDMI cable.

That'd be the easiest option, imo. Esp if, like the NES Classic, you need to reset the system to change games.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 04:20:37 pm »
Wow they are putting starfox 2 into it? please post a link to pre-orders when they are up.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 07:01:48 pm »
Unlike the NES Classic I am actually really hyped for this. I'll be one those crazy people lined up in front of Best Buy at 2am if I have to in order to get one lol

doafan

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 07:09:50 pm »
I'm disappointed they won't include DKC 2&3

Are you just disappointed because they left out these two titles ?, I really don't think so me in the other hand am very disappointed because they didn't added to the list some amazing and some rare titles like Demon’s Crest, The Adventures of Batman & Robin, Metal Warriors, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Wild Guns, Knights of the Round, Pocky & Rocky, Chrono Trigger or Earthworm Jim just for mention some of them  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy