Author Topic: SNES Classic  (Read 10225 times)

Re: SNES Classic
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2017, 05:40:54 pm »
I ended up just walking into Gamestop and pre-ordering one at like 3pm.  Was kinda surprised.  I'm probably not gonna end up keeping it, I'm leaning towards putting the money elsewhere, but I got a buddy who I don't think got a pre-order that would like it.

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2017, 09:05:34 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:22:15 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2017, 08:37:31 am »
Legit I just saw some guy on Facebook bragging about buying 22 SNES Classics and he'll sell them for $350 each and he's gonna make $6k rather than having to get a real job.

Another dude claimed he bought 51 SNES Classics.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2017, 10:09:39 am »
Well, here's my sob story. 

I've been on a call list at GameStop since they said this thing was coming out.  Well, my best friend's dad died Saturday.  Guess where I was going to be all day Tuesday.  That's right.  I'm there with him and his family.  This is also at my home town on BFE.  BFE has no cell service.

Well, I get up Tuesday morning and see that Amazon and Best Buy had opened preorders in the middle of the night.  It can't hurt to stop at GameStop to see if they will open up theirs too.  I kill time until 10:00c when GameStop opens and they don't know anything about it.  Oh well, I've got to get to this funeral at 11:00. 

I sit through the funeral and all the hugs afterwards.  I get headed back toward my house at 1:30.  When I get back to cellphone range, my phones blows up.  The GameStop manager, 3 friends, and a dude I kinda know have all text me.  I call the store back and they tell me if I get there right now he can secure one of those bundles.  At this point, I'm an hour away; but I'm going to try anyway.  By the time I get there, there's nothing. 

I was first on the call list and didn't get one.  I stopped by that morning and didn't get one.  The poor folks at GameStop are always good to me and especially that girl I talked to at 10am felt bad.  Oh well.

Now, from September 29th through Christmas, the hunt will be on.  I will find one, and when I do, I will buy it.

kashell

« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2017, 10:22:34 am »
Well, dang.

If I find one, I'll let you know.

spac316

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2017, 04:34:39 pm »
I just don't understand this. If they can't get their heads out of their collective asses and realize that people really do want this, and the NES Mini, We wouldn't be in this mess. It is a different market for these things and I don't think it would hurt sales for the Switch. I think it would help it more if you ask me, could give revenue to fond the development and such.

I really do hope people don't give in and buy one from a scalper. They'll do nothing more than to feed into this crap. Those idiots with more money than brains are just as guilty as they are!

I also hope if anything, Nintendo should at least release StarFox 2 on the VC.

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2017, 10:42:05 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:35:22 pm by jce3000gt »

soera

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2017, 11:01:37 am »
Just looked at some of those "Thinkgeek bundles" for this. Man they are really unloading some unwanted shit to sell those classics. $330 for a classic and a poster? GTFO here.

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2017, 11:41:33 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:22:22 pm by jce3000gt »

rayne315

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2017, 11:50:12 am »
Just looked at some of those "Thinkgeek bundles" for this. Man they are really unloading some unwanted shit to sell those classics. $330 for a classic and a poster? GTFO here.

You serious?  I haven't bothered to look at think geek and maybe I shouldn't bother.  Is the poster laced with gold?!  Haha!

Its actually a nice looking 2.5 foot wide X 5 foot long X 1.5 inch thick Oil painting. But yes I don't think I would pay $250 extra for it when all I want is the SNES classic. If I actually wanted the painting I think I would shell out the $250 for it though.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2017, 11:52:04 am »
All of those bundles are sold out .. but here they are. http://www.thinkgeek.com/snes-classic-bundles/index.shtml?pfm=Search&t=snes

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2017, 01:20:33 pm »
Geez I missed out on these already? 

I was hoping this would be better than the whole NES classic ordeal but uh...guess not

pzeke

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2017, 10:14:35 pm »
I knew history would repeat itself.

Either way, I already have a Wal-Mart on sight, so I'm taking the fight there.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

desocietas

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »
I just got one through Walmarts site!

Edit: no confirmation by email yet, so not looking good so far...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 06:42:27 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »
I just got one through Walmarts site!

Edit: no confirmation by email yet, so not looking good so far...

Just got a text from my cousin about that. Went to the site...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.  :P