Author Topic: July 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8227 times)

shepard11

Re: July 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 03:45:45 pm »
Finally got my car out of the shop that's been hanging out for 2 weeks. $3910 later the whole engine been pretty much rebuilt. So after picking it up I have a whole 6 dollars in change left to my name. I went to my normal haunt explained what kinda of day was having and jokingly said I only got six bucks to my name ya got anything in that price range. The owner pulls a box out from behind the counter. It was full of sport games and just crap in general. So I picked some real winners out of the box and gave the man his money. Now here I sit typing up what fun stuff I found.

Atari 2600:
Basketball (Sears Black Label #4975113)
Real Sports Football
Super Football

Sega Genesis:
Pat Riley Basketball

Xbox:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 (CIB)

PS1:
Hardball 99 (CIB)
Madden 99 (CIB)

NDS:
Barbie and the Three Musketeers
Boogie (CIB)
Rafa Nadal Tennis
Wizards of Waverly Place (CIB)

Flashback2012

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 02:10:46 am »
I picked up Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Wooly World for WiiU a couple of hours ago. Meijer ran a one-day special where you could get 50% off one Wii or WiiU game if you had their MPerks program. I was hoping to get Mario Maker and the Paper Mario WiiU game but the latter was sold out already.  :( I was able to get two games because I have the MPerks for myself and I also have access to my roommates' account.  ;)

Not gaming related but apparently they were also doing some other deep discounting on clearance toys where anything listed as clearance got an additional 50% off. I meandered through their toy aisle looking for Christmas/birthday presents on the cheap and found a couple of LEGO & Shopkins building block sets. They must've put a bunch of the bigger LEGO sets on clearance because that aisle was stripped bare of product. I did see some clearance shelf tags for some World of Nintendo stuff but those peg hooks were already picked clean. :o  :-\

theflea

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 04:06:46 am »
Another week of gaming goodness.

First my store / online buys...

XBone
- Valkyria Revolution - Vanargand Edition

PS4
- Alchemic Jousts - Limited Edition

Wii U
- Just Dance Disney Party 2 (on clearance for $9)

PS3
- Persona 5 (a store had it on sale for $30, figured it might be a harder to find PS3 game in the future)

Wii
My local used game store got in some Wii games I don't see to often. They also had a buy 4 get one free deal going on Wii games. Most all of these where between $3-$7
- Monkey Mischief
- Attack of the Movies 3D (it was complete with hologram and all 4 3D glasses)
- Battle of Giants: Dinosaurs Strike
- Worms Battle Islands
- Mama's 2-Pack

NES
Another Kickstarter I backed came through.
- Super Russian Roulette

Now onto the garage sales...

I went to a large town wide garage sale and it was mostly over run with resellers. I heard "I just sold it all to a guy just a few minutes ago" a few times.  :-\ But I still managed to find a few they missed or I beat them to.

PS3
- Conflict: Denied Ops ($2)

Wii
Saw a lot of crappy Wii games, and this was the only one I bought for $2. lol
- Epic Mickey

I stopped at a sale and ask about games, the lady asks her kids and one said he had a DS, he brings out a case full of loose DS games, and they where pretty much all crap and I only saw one I was missing. A ask if he had the cases and he said he'd go look. He comes back with not only a stack of DS cases but a stack of PS2 and 3DS games.
I make a stack of what I was interested in and ask a price, Was told $15 and paid the kid.
3DS
- Super Mario 3D Land
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
NDS
- Hot Wheels: Beat That
PS2
- Crash Twin Sanity
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
- Lowrider
- Cartoon Network Racing
- Backyard Football 10
- Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan

PS1
I stop at a sale and see a huge stack of PS1 games on a table, I see many hot games and she was asking $3 a piece. I ask if she'd do 6 for $15 and she agreed. Then she said someone already bought a bunch of them earlier. Due to so many resellers in the area I was kinda surprised these where left behind, including a rare game that is selling online for $80-$90.  :o
- Rayman
- Rayman 2
- Spyro 2
- Crash Bandicoot 2
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
- Namco Museum Vol. 5  ;D

At the town wide sale I stop at a sale and ask about games, the guy said he had some old video games. I tell him sure I'll take a look. I turn around and notice a reseller behind me. He waits too. (oh oh) He brings out a box and the reseller stays close to see what it is and I open it and see its full of Atari 2600 games. The reseller laughs and runs to the next sale. (kinda glad, he probably would have tried to cut in if it was Nintendo or Sega stuff) I ask a price for it all and was told $25. I have a soft spot for Atari and ask if he'd take $20 for it all and he agreed. So I got 55 games for $20. I can't say no.  ;)
Atari 2600
- Combat (x4)
- Asteroids (x2)
- Defender (x2)
- Space Invaders (x2)
- Missile Command (x2)
- Berzerk (x2)
- Yars Revenge
- Video Pinball
- Night Driver (x2)
- Haunted House
- Circus Atari
- Video Chess
- Baseball
- Football (x2)
- Super Breakout (x3)
- Centipede
- Vanguard
- Pole Position
- E.T. (x2)
- Moon Patrol (x3)
- Real Sports Football
- Real Sports Baseball (x2)
- Real Sports Volleyball (x2)
- Chopper Command
- Dragster (x2)
- River Raid
- Atlantis (x2)
- Demon Attack
- Cosmic Ark
- Riddle of the Sphinx
- Donkey Kong (x3)
- Astroblast
- Space Attack
- Lock n' Chase
Atari 7800
- Choplifter
CV
- Donkey Kong
Surprisingly no Pac-Man lol

I see and ad for a garage sale that's about 20 miles from my house advertise "Super Nintendo".  :o
I get there a little over and hour early and see that they haven't opened yet and no one else was waiting. 
They open their garage and start setting up about 45 minutes before they listed to be open. As I walk up the guy gets an attitude yelling at me "I'm not open til 8, comeback!" I thought crap and turn to leave then he yells "was there something you wanted?" I tell him I was only interested in the Super Nintendo. He apologizes about yelling at me, saying he was having a hectic day and tells me to come on in. He pulls out a box and pulls out a SNES with 10 games, Enforcer Light Gun, A Mario Guide and a stack of manuals. I ask a price and he tells me that someone already Emailed him and offered $100 and asked him to hold it. He told him he couldn't hold it and first with cash gets it. I at first was thinking $100 was kinda steep. But Looking at the games and seeing they where all in almost perfect shape and came with manuals and a light gun it's still a great deal. So I gave him the $100.
SNES
- SNES with 2 controllers and Adapter (first model and yellowed otherwise in nice shape)
- Mario Mania Players Guide
- Lethal Enforcers (with light gun)
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario All-Stars (with Manual)
- Super Mario Kart (with Manual)
- F-Zero (with Manual)
- Donkey Kong Country (with Manual)
- Desert Strike (with Manual)
- Super R-Type (with Manual)
- UN Squadron (with Manual)
- Contra III

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 04:10:44 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 09:58:54 am »
Some pretty okay weeks

forgot to put this latest add in the picture

Ivy the kiwi wii for 7 euro's didn't haver it and could never find one, and wii lots are overall really crap.

First the mediocre deals

FE valentia pre order poster 12,50 euro's shipped pretty reasonable price I will most definitly not go after all pre order items just for this series. I hate pre order bonusses.

All cib and in very nice shape

warhawk ps1 cib 5 euro's
rapid reload ps1 60 euro's Could never find a european english version always the japanese version pretty decent price so whatever

I will kick myself if I do find it in an upcoming deal, it happened before even though prices are usually low or none It's pretty anoying to finally add a game to the collection wich I have never come across in lots just to have it been found in lots pretty easily one two or even three times in a short duration of times. Some examples were wild arms 4 and digital devil saga 2 CE with sountrack disc and the art cards  :P

Whatever money has to be spend sometime and I wanted to play a metal slug like game on the ps1.

ps2

10.000 bullets  ;D 19 euro's shipped english box manual version

A game that was pretty high on my play list finally have one in nice shape I'm not going to wait for months potentially years to find one for free in a lot. Had one once in pretty rough shape pretty awesome game, I just had to play it once again.

Darius II sega saturn cib 14 euro's shipped in the end very small deal so why not, I never understood the fish fetish in the darius games but it makes for some cool enemies I'd say.

The good deals

ps2 xbox gamecube psp all cib in very nice shape

Wario ware inc gamecube cib with vip points cat for free

Xbox

sonic gems collection
star wars battlefront

ps2

hyper street fighter
mashed
digital devil saga 2

Psp

dungeon and dragons tactics
exit 2

Some interesting handheld deal

Small master system deal for free all cib nice shape

Sonic 2
sonic chaos

A small snes deal for free

Rival turf  :D

I will say that the US box art is absolutely horrendous.

Guy was selling interesting ds and 3ds games at low prices.

Got these for free

3ds

luigi's mansion 2

DS

Exit
lock's quest
shogun empires
blue dragon awakened shaodow

The guy said he had more games and he showed me some intersting nice condition gameboy titles said he wanted to look up prices before sales but asked really low prices wich was supring for the more rarer but good quality titles. even lower than lose prices  ???

mario tennis with vip points
Pokemon trading card game managed to find the meowth card while replacing some xbox cases. was in a yu gi oh game wich had the cards
street fighter alpha
R-type DX
Battle arena toshinden  ;D

Intersting ps1 deals for free all cib nice shape

arcade greatest hits
kileak the blood
jupiter strike
galaxian 3
jinx
road rash
cyber sled
assault rigs
street fighter the movie  :D
battle arena toshinden

I was really looking for quite some titles in this lot for some time now really lucky to get so many at ones, I have finally aquired some of those early 3D shooting games, I have a fetish for those pretty fun to play

Some pretty intersting sega deal for free

6 buttonpad you can never have to many of those, super durable and nice button imputs. even my brand new 3 button pads are starting to have some minor button issues never had problems with these 6 button pads.

Games all cib in nice shape

The nostlgia hammer hit me to hard with some disney titles after playing many of them a bit to much, they always sell pretty good just never wanted to add them to the collection i will only get castle of illusion after this

earthworm jim 2
world of illusion
alladin
road rash
crossfire  :D always nice to find interesting ntc exclusive titles cib in nice shape

Pretty decent weeks I won't complain

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:48:56 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

shepard11

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 04:45:16 pm »
Went 20 miles south to Rockbridge they host a big outdoor flea market every weekend. I rarely have a Sunday off and it was a sunny today. I found a lot and the prices were fair but I only ended up with 4 games plus an amiibo from Toy R Us clearance last night.

Atari 2600:
Jr. Pac-man (been wanting this for awhile but never see it)

NES:
Back to the Future

GBA:
Risk/Battleship/Clue

PS2:
Barbie Horse Adventures Wild Horse Rescue

amiibo:
Mewtwo

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 10:55:29 am »
Years ago I let someone borrow Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari on PS2. I reckoned it was ok because I had already beaten them, albeit never did 100% all items (Its ok, I still have my saves on the memory card.) and didn't want to play them anymore. That person disappeared and I had to accept those games were gone. And to make matters worse, it seems those games now had a cult following and were difficult to find!

So I went to the local game store and traded in a bunch of Xbox, Xbox 360 games and some Genesis and Odyssey 2 dupes (there was a few they wouldn't take such as any Japanese imports, Atari 8-bit or Demo discs. They also offered 10 cents for Pole Position II CIB for 7800... I think I'll keep it for now). And in return I got the Retron 5 3-in-1 Adapter (allows for Game Gear, SMS and Sega/MyCard) and Katamari Damacy on PS2.

no pics.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 11:14:13 am »
No pics, but I had to drive out of town to bring my wife to go visit family.  During the trip I made multiple stops at places.

500GB White Xbox 360 Slim for $5
Wii Sports Club for $15
Arc Rise Fantasia for $5
Phantom Brave Wii with the extra disc for $5
A couple of N64 sports games I was missing for $2 each

Really don't know why I bought most of this as I have most of it and what am I going to do with another 360.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 11:28:29 am »
Pickups for the past 2 weeks:

From Goodwill:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein PC game and jewel case only .75$
Final Fantasy X Strategy Guild 1.99$

From Yard Sale:
Bomberman World PS1 cib
Clock Tower PS1 cib
Clock Tower 2 PS1 loose
Crash Bandicoot greatest hits PS1 cib 
Crash Bandicoot 2 greatest hits PS1 cib
CTR PS1 cib
Croc greatest hits cib
Gauntlet Legends PS1 cib
Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver PS1 cib
Rayman greatest hits PS1 cib
Spyro 2 PS1 cib
Spyro the Dragon greatest hits PS1 cib
Spyro Year of the Dragon greatest hits PS1 cib
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 cib
Star Wars Battlefront greatest hits PS2 cib
007 Quantum of Solace PS2 cib
Godfather PS2 cib 30$
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:01:22 pm by 98dgreen »

tripredacus

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 11:41:49 am »
These PC games. The Sims Superstar is part of my quest to acquire a missing disc for another release, as such it is not in my collection at this time. I realise I need to do an item number compare on the versions I have. Also not pictured, Monarch 4.0 big box productivity software. The Grolier Encyclopedia is for Mac.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:43:55 am by tripredacus »

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
Pretty good batch over the last week or so:

N64:
Battle Zone: Rise of the Black Dogs

Wii U:
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

3DS:
Kirby: Planet Robobot

360:
Skylanders Superchargers
Transformers Devastation
Just Dance: Disney Party 2
Chromehounds
Madden 08
Madden XX Collector's Edition
Zuma's Revenge
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Micheal Jackson: The Experience
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Deepak Chopra's Leela
World Series of Poker 2007
Wipeout 3
467 games to go...

One:
Watch Dogs 2

Toys to Life:
Dive-Clops (Skylanders Superchargers)

Card/Board:
Magika Mayhem

shepard11

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 01:44:56 am »
Pretty good batch over the last week or so:

N64:
Battle Zone: Rise of the Black Dogs

Wii U:
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

3DS:
Kirby: Planet Robobot

360:
Skylanders Superchargers
Transformers Devastation
Just Dance: Disney Party 2
Chromehounds
Madden 08
Madden XX Collector's Edition
Zuma's Revenge
UFC 2009 Undisputed
Micheal Jackson: The Experience
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Deepak Chopra's Leela
World Series of Poker 2007
Wipeout 3
467 games to go...

One:
Watch Dogs 2

Toys to Life:
Dive-Clops (Skylanders Superchargers)

Card/Board:
Magika Mayhem

Man I enjoy watching ya collect those Xbox 360 games. I have a lot of those myself (no where near what ya got). And I'm a sucker for a cheap complete game regardless of what system it's for.

shepard11

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 01:53:26 pm »
Only day off this week. I wanted to go yard saling but due to the thunderstorms in Central Ohio wasn't happening today. So I ended up going to one of my normal haunts I haven't been to in a few weeks. They had a ton of stuff in their bargain bin. To my surprise, they had a complete CIB Taiko Drum Master - Taiko Controller Bundle for 50 cents. Ended up getting a stack of stuff for $5.50 all together. Got home and tested the Taiko Drum Master. I ended up playing it for a good hour, my cats hate it.

PS1:
Gameshark with a stack of the Gameshark disc
Official Playstation Disc Wallet
Performance Memory Card 2X

PS2:
Drakan The Ancient's Gate (no manual)
Fisherman's Bass Club (CIB)
Freekstyle (CIB)
Gameshark with a stack of the Gameshark disc
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (CIB)
Madden 10 (CIB)
Madcatz Blue Memory Card
Taiko Drum Master - Taiko Controller Bundle

Xbox:
Karaoke Revolution Party (CIB)
Mojo! (CIB)

Wii:
Konami Microphone
Nintendo Wii Nunchuk - Red

thewelshman

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 04:37:30 pm »
Caught a few sales and found a new resale store to start rebuilding my PS2 collection.

PlayStation 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

PlayStation 3
Darksiders II - Limited Edition
Tomb Raider

PlayStation 4
Gravity Rush Remastered (Chinese + English Version)
Furi - Definitive Edition

PlayStation Vita
Tokyo Xanadu - Limited Edition

azure

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »
Caught a few sales and found a new resale store to start rebuilding my PS2 collection.

*snip*

Those are some nice additions, enjoy!

retrogemcollector

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 08:03:18 am »

Resized image  :) -pacpix
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:32:59 pm by pacpix »