Author Topic: Major Flaw in the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashback 1  (Read 1673 times)

Everything is good in this the At games ColecoVision flashback console expect that the controller breaks easy and you need the wheel in order to play all the games on it. I think I used it a couple times and now both my controllers don't register correctly but I love the games on it. I am however highly unhappy with how fast my colecovision controller wheel twisted off from playing the games on it, :(  and on the Intellivision Flashback 1 the controller is a no better and extremely hard to operate. One thing I'd say about the CollecoVision flashback 1 is the controller is too cheap and needs to be stronger then that light plastic they used the wheel should be steel and rubber in my opinion to prevent the wheel from cracking >:(
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

rayne315

Re: Major Flaw in the ColecoVision and Intellivision Flashback 1
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:09:51 pm »
Everything is good in this the At games ColecoVision flashback console expect that the controller breaks easy and you need the wheel in order to play all the games on it. I think I used it a couple times and now both my controllers don't register correctly but I love the games on it. I am however highly unhappy with how fast my colecovision controller wheel twisted off from playing the games on it, :(  and on the Intellivision Flashback 1 the controller is a no better and extremely hard to operate. One thing I'd say about the CollecoVision flashback 1 is the controller is too cheap and needs to be stronger then that light plastic they used the wheel should be steel and rubber in my opinion to prevent the wheel from cracking >:(

I would unscrew the thing and see if any wires/rubber pads have came loose. I have a usb NES controller and the thing was made so cheaply that they didn't even bother holding the rubber pads in place (the ones that actually record the button press) so I had to go in and glue them into place and have not had any issues with them since. might be practically the same issue.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

topspot123

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 11:03:21 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear about that!  When I saw your subject, I assumed the major flaw would be that these controllers are not compatible with the original consoles, or vice versa.  Unbelievable!  And if they were, you would at least have another option to solve your problem.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:10:50 am »

I would unscrew the thing and see if any wires/rubber pads have came loose. I have a usb NES controller and the thing was made so cheaply that they didn't even bother holding the rubber pads in place (the ones that actually record the button press) so I had to go in and glue them into place and have not had any issues with them since. might be practically the same issue.

thank you @rayne315 :) for your directions and response

I'm really sorry to hear about that!  When I saw your subject, I assumed the major flaw would be that these controllers are not compatible with the original consoles, or vice versa.  Unbelievable!  And if they were, you would at least have another option to solve your problem.

thannk your for your concern and no I don't think that an original 1 would work either
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:14:41 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

brazbit

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »
The original controllers are not compatible with the Colecovision or Intellivision Flashback.

On another forum someone did make a converter to go the other way and it required putting an Arduino board and some support chips in between the controller and the system. Obviously not a solution for everybody.

According to one of the thread participants the logic was done in the original controllers while the AT Games method is to have the controller logic in the flashback system itself. So a passive solution isn't really feasible.

Interestingly one of the people in the thread did modify the code to allow a Jaguar controller to be used with an original Colecovision.