Author Topic: Are We Really Going Onto the 9th Home Console Generation Today People?  (Read 1865 times)

I got a question? what comes after the SONY PS4 and XBone. but we all probably heard of the Nintendo Switch coming out. So what are some of your preparations of what SONY and Microsoft will come up with next? as far as the home consoles goes but first let take a look back through the years and years of gameing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1LS_SzdUb8
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:45:09 pm by jce3000gt »

I few predictions for next gen:

-4k gaming will be the new standard. All console games will be developed for 4k gaming, possibly at 60fps although the later part is to be seen.

-Even fewer AAA games will get released than what is already out due to increasing cost and time of development. This means that more indi titles and classic titles will be released, mostly digital only, to make purchasing these system more worth while

-Fewer physical releases; I think that only AAA games and maybe a handful of smaller games will get physical releases, with an emphesis on digital distribution which is already making headway on consoles

-Greater reliance on DLC and expansions to extend the life of a game versus releasing sequels

-PC gaining a greater market share due to consoles becoming more and more PC like minus the greater functionality of PCs

While some might view many of these things as positives, I personally am not too optimistic or excited to see what Gen 9 ends up looking like. In fact, this might be the last generation of gaming I'm completely excited about. I guess we will see.

Sony: make PS5 then go bankrupt
Xbox: canceled to focus on the Windows platform
Nintendo: make 1 or 2 more systems then go third party

pzeke

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind seeing another video game crash.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

What I'd imagine seeing is instead of really focusing on stand-alone devices, game consoles will become integrated into TVs themselves. It'll be like buying a Smart TV., just the main difference will be customers needing to choose whether they want PSN or Live integrated into the TV. There will still be a separate box for those with older TVs, but it'd be less and less needed to get. Needless to say with that train, this will make physical versions of games basically obsolete.

Of course, the biggest hurdle for that vision is the countries' internet infrastructure. With the size games are even now, there are massive download times, and people can easily hit their caps from a single game. And with net neutrality in danger, those downloads could be throttled even further.

soera

I'm looking to be done with gaming after the ps4 is done. I think that a new console would be .. pointless. It's already to the point where it's difficult to tell the difference between game and real life. And the potential lack of physical media in the future is kind of disturbing. So if a ps5 comes out, I'll get one but only if a game comes out i can't live without.

I'm there for gaming for the long haul.  Digital gaming doesn't bother me too much.  I expect Sony and Nintendo to continue on for awhile, no reason for them to go away, but I don't see Xbox around much longer.  It might depend entirely on the success of the Xbox One X.

kashell

I'm guessing there will be more favor giving to digital only titles, DLC, and other things that I don't care for in this industry.

I'm still apathetic about the Switch, so a 9th generation doesn't excite me.

I'm there for gaming for the long haul.  Digital gaming doesn't bother me too much.  I expect Sony and Nintendo to continue on for awhile, no reason for them to go away, but I don't see Xbox around much longer.  It might depend entirely on the success of the Xbox One X.

Digital gaming has bothered me less and less over the years as well. About 5-years ago I refused to support it in any shape or form, but using Steam, GOG, and even PSN has really changed my mind about it. I've gotten to the point where having a massive collection of physical games just seems more and more pointless and more of a burden than something I enjoy, assuming I can find the games I own physically in some form of playable media.

Digital gaming has bothered me less and less over the years as well. About 5-years ago I refused to support it in any shape or form, but using Steam, GOG, and even PSN has really changed my mind about it. I've gotten to the point where having a massive collection of physical games just seems more and more pointless and more of a burden than something I enjoy, assuming I can find the games I own physically in some form of playable media.

I have a mixture of physical and digital.  Console I primarily go physical as I can always sell and trade them if I want something else and have low cash for new things.  PC is primarily digital, because even physical stuff is just codes in a box.  Battlefield 1 literally had no discs in it's box, but I still like having PC boxes, so I buy it when I can as I have a small PC game collection.  Not for playing, juts for the boxes and PC games are super cheap usually to find around.

thewelshman

I have the same view as you. It has taken me longer, and longer to go to a newer console since PS2. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ps4, but with the amount of games I have to PS3/PS4/Vita, I'm set for a long time if I stopped collecting right now. I would be more prone to keep buying the games for the consoles I still owned rather than going to a new console.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

It is hard to tell where everything is heading in the next generation, but here are some easy predictions of what we will see:

1. Ultra-realistic graphics. Graphics are going to continue to look more and more like the real world and will rival big budget movies.

2. VR and AR will be a push. Not sure it will ultimately succeed, but it will become more of a an every day appliance that is part of gaming, or at least companies will get consumers to purchase it. Now will it fizzle out? Only time will tell. I think AR will overtake VR. The upcoming generation of gamers actually enjoy the social aspects of gaming (Twitch) and I believe AR will make more sense in how people are going to want to engage the world around them instead of being pulled away in to a headset.

3. Gaming is going to need fiber connections for bandwidth needs. Depending on net neutrality rulings in USA we could see gaming companies have to form partnerships or pay money to broadband providers for preferred service. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:01:17 pm by DreamsDied13101 »
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:44:39 pm by jce3000gt »