Author Topic: Silent Hill 2 Black LBL VS GH  (Read 2967 times)

Silent Hill 2 Black LBL VS GH
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:31:46 pm »
Hello,

Just wondering which is more valuable and rare between Silent Hill 2 black label and greatest hits (on ps2). Obviously, black label games tend to be the rarer and more valuable ones, but the greatest hits version of Silent Hill 2 offers extra content that the black label doesn't have.

I have the greatest hits version due to the extra content, but is it worth also getting the black label one?

Thank you,

Plisse

azure

Re: Silent Hill 2 Black LBL VS GH
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 01:56:19 pm »
Really no reason to own the original release, unless you just want it to be honest. The GH has the extra content from the Xbox version so it is technically the definitive version of the two as far as I know.

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
My understanding is that while Black label is generally more sought after, greatest hits are usually "rarer".

Greatest Hits necessitates that the Black Label version sold X amount of copies, generally a very large number.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 03:37:09 pm »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:37:16 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:11:44 am »
Neither game is rare, not even remotely rare. I personally detest GH/Player's Choice covers and disks. I know that some of these releases work on bugs that the original release had, but asthetically they always look terrible. I also hate how they look mixed in with the non-GH games on a shelf. It is stupid and a little OCD, but that's my preference.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:53:33 am »
From what I have found a lot of games that have a Greatest Hits edition normally have a lot of copies printed in the original edition and the greatest hits edition so both are probably equally available and common.

The difference is that normally the original packaging is more sought after in the aftermarket and will be worth more due to this fact even though it may be just as common as the greatest hits version.

I would have to say in the case of Silent Hill on PS2 that the greatest hits version might be a little more sought after than the original version. Most sellers don't know the difference so they price them similarly, but it seems like the greatest hits versions sell faster at cheaper prices when you have a smart consumer that realizes it has more content.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01