Author Topic: Starcade marathon  (Read 1189 times)

desocietas

Starcade marathon
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:34:33 pm »
For folks who love old arcade games, Twitch is showing a marathon of Starcade: https://www.twitch.tv/shoutfactorytv
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Starcade marathon
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 01:45:30 pm »
Thanks for letting us know.  I just started watching.  This is GOLD!

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:58:09 pm »
Thanks for letting us know.  I just started watching.  This is GOLD!

I thought of you when I started watching!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:01 pm »
How long is it on? I just saw the post and I'm stuck at work right now. Urghhh!!!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »
How long is it on? I just saw the post and I'm stuck at work right now. Urghhh!!!

I think you should be ok for a few more days. From what I've been able to find, they're showing all 123 or so episodes are are supposed to go through September 3rd.

I watched for a while yesterday and had a blast. How have I been alive all this time and not know that there was an arcade game based on the band Journey??? My mind was blown.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 03:25:47 pm »

I think you should be ok for a few more days. From what I've been able to find, they're showing all 123 or so episodes are are supposed to go through September 3rd.

I watched for a while yesterday and had a blast. How have I been alive all this time and not know that there was an arcade game based on the band Journey??? My mind was blown.

Journey kind of an oddity.  It had an actual cassette tape of Separate Ways in it.  It played after you completed all 5 waves of the game.

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »

Journey kind of an oddity.  It had an actual cassette tape of Separate Ways in it.  It played after you completed all 5 waves of the game.

Oh! Is that what's supposed to play during the concert stage portion? I watched a little video of the emulated version, and there was no music during that section. I thought it was odd that the music was missing there.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 03:44:29 pm »

Oh! Is that what's supposed to play during the concert stage portion? I watched a little video of the emulated version, and there was no music during that section. I thought it was odd that the music was missing there.

Yeah.  You collect all the instruments and then the band plays.  It had to be odd without Steve Perry singing!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 01:33:25 pm »
Whenever I see this thread title, this is what my mind goes to: