Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)  (Read 33964 times)

desocietas

Re: Secret Santa 2017 (part 4: Receiving)
« Reply #345 on: December 11, 2017, 02:56:59 pm »
I always wait to Xmas. It's kinda the point. I take it you guys were the kind of kids always digging around in your parents closet to see what they were getting you? I never did that. Didn't want to spoil it.
My parents never bought me gifts growing up.

My family wasn't huge on gifts (poor and immigrant parents) so the few gifts we kids got, we actually had to pick out for ourselves at the store, wrapped them, and put them under the tree. So as nice as it were to get the occasional gift like that, there was zero surprises on Christmas morning.

I make a point to have at least something to open on Christmas morning that's a surprise, so the VGC Secret Santa gift is perfect for me :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #346 on: December 11, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »
Hell no, I don't wait!  It's killing me to have this thing sit right by my desk. It's been there for about 2 weeks. 

It's rough waiting until Thursday night!

« Reply #347 on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:50 pm »
I always wait to Xmas. It's kinda the point. I take it you guys were the kind of kids always digging around in your parents closet to see what they were getting you? I never did that. Didn't want to spoil it.
My parents never bought me gifts growing up.

My family wasn't huge on gifts (poor and immigrant parents) so the few gifts we kids got, we actually had to pick out for ourselves at the store, wrapped them, and put them under the tree. So as nice as it were to get the occasional gift like that, there was zero surprises on Christmas morning.

I make a point to have at least something to open on Christmas morning that's a surprise, so the VGC Secret Santa gift is perfect for me :)
Something like that.  The only surprise gifts I ever got were gag gifts... almost hurtful ones at that.

My wife and I exchange gifts and those are usually a surprise.  My SS gifts are under the tree, probably buried in gifts at this point, so it'll be pretty easy for it to make it to xmas unless I care enough to go dig it out of the pile.

soera

« Reply #348 on: December 11, 2017, 03:36:41 pm »
This is the first year Ive waited ... and thats cause Im really want to try to do it on the podcast.

Flashback2012

« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2017, 03:53:11 pm »
Just a heads up for anyone doing a video unveiling or posting pictures...PLEASE be sure to block out any tracking numbers or addresses before shooting any footage or taking any pictures!  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2017, 03:55:06 pm »
Just a heads up for anyone doing a video unveiling or posting pictures...PLEASE be sure to block out any tracking numbers or addresses before shooting any footage or taking any pictures!  ;)

Good advice! I always try to be careful of this as well (I open a lot of packages on stream), but it's so easy to forget in the excitement.

Looking forward to seeing the podcast and other videos/pictures!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #351 on: December 11, 2017, 04:06:17 pm »
I already tore the whole label off mine!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:28 pm »
I cut out everything but the state name.

« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2017, 09:32:17 pm »
Mine were wrapped, so no issue there.  The box is long gone at this point.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
Mine were wrapped, so no issue there.  The box is long gone at this point.

Not sure what to expect in mine so keeping as shipped just to be safe.

« Reply #355 on: December 12, 2017, 12:45:01 am »
Im keeping mines unopened until Xmas. Give myself something to look forward to plus the semester ends like 5 days before Xmas so even more incentive on my part.

kashell

« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2017, 02:04:43 pm »
The big reveal happens tomorrow. I'm super excited! I still don't have any clue as to who my SS is, either.

soera

« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »
Well, I honestly am sad. I was informed that Im working tomorrow night. I will not be able to be the shining star on the podcast tomorrow. :(

desocietas

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2017, 04:01:37 pm »
Well, I honestly am sad. I was informed that Im working tomorrow night. I will not be able to be the shining star on the podcast tomorrow. :(

awwww
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2017, 05:15:50 pm »
NOO!

Cancel the podcast, shut it down. I can't work like this!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery