Author Topic: Imagine If You Were Invited To Play A Game In Front Of People (live)  (Read 1591 times)

How would you feel if you were on television as a Nintendo, Atari, Sega, SONY, or/and Microsoft Champion? and how would you react to a game in your challenge you've never got a chance to play yet?

so imagine, how do you think you'd win? think of a competition where every piece of hardware is equal and nobody can cheat, how do you think the experience would come out? and would you be mad if you lost the competition to someone who already had the experience in a random game challenge.

think of a challenge were all the games were chosen and you none knew what you were going to play to prepare. Or would this even be the slightest bit of interest to you?

which contender comes out as in 1st place? But remember what if again you could not cheat and everyone had to use raw skill.

I would like us to elaborate on this, what kind of video games do you even think would go in a challenge these days and why.

For me I would be extremely nervous and 9/10 probably come in last place against universal video game champions like those of you on this forum because for one I get frustrated easy and fatigued vary quickly and I have never played a game in years with an actual person so I could not say how I would react to this if I was randomly chosen

I saw some videos on YouTube of this and the way they ran the contest, like only for a few minutes made me think of how crappy the championship was set up.

I mean how many of you out there think you have what it takes to go on a video game contest for as long as a football of basketball game then think of yourself as a video game player/athlete competing night after night only giving you some nights to practice
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:03:52 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

indenton

Re: Imagine If You Were Invited To Play A Game In Front Of People (live)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 05:11:33 pm »
Didn't they make a film about this?

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »
Starcade.  If you've never seen it than you should.  But you'd better bring your quarters because it hails from a time BEFORE the video game crash of the early 80s. 

While I've never been on TV while playing videos games I did get the opportunity in the early 90s to play in the StarFox Weekend Competition.  I was so nervous!  I remember losing precious time realizing the controls were inverted! 

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 09:54:57 pm »
How would you feel if you were on television as a Nintendo, Atari, Sega, SONY, or/and Microsoft Champion? and how would you react to a game in your challenge you've never got a chance to play yet?

so imagine, how do you think you'd win? think of a competition where every piece of hardware is equal and nobody can cheat, how do you think the experience would come out? and would you be mad if you lost the competition to someone who already had the experience in a random game challenge.

think of a challenge were all the games were chosen and you none knew what you were going to play to prepare. Or would this even be the slightest bit of interest to you?

which contender comes out as in 1st place? But remember what if again you could not cheat and everyone had to use raw skill.

I would like us to elaborate on this, what kind of video games do you even think would go in a challenge these days and why.

For me I would be extremely nervous and 9/10 probably come in last place against universal video game champions like those of you on this forum because for one I get frustrated easy and fatigued vary quickly and I have never played a game in years with an actual person so I could not say how I would react to this if I was randomly chosen

I saw some videos on YouTube of this and the way they ran the contest, like only for a few minutes made me think of how crappy the championship was set up.

I mean how many of you out there think you have what it takes to go on a video game contest for as long as a football of basketball game then think of yourself as a video game player/athlete competing night after night only giving you some nights to practice

I'd assume it would be very embarrassing as I savagely get beaten in almost every game genre by epic gamer nerds that are better than I am lol.  ;D.  I am also very stage shy and don't do well with public speaking which Would make me nervous while playing.   The only games I think I could stand a chance playing competitively are NBA 2K and Mario Kart 8.  :)

The type of games I think would go into a global gaming comp would be Pac Man, Tetris, Splatoon, Call of Duty, Madden, and a racing game like Forza or gran turismo and Mario Kart games.  Because those are very culturally relevant and easy to gague who's better with online co-op or competive gameplay.  Where as most RPGs and Mario games would be difficult to compete at because they are 1 player.

If it was like a olympics for gaming and I had one game to practice for, that'd be pretty neat and an amazing idea.  Different countires could compete at different games for gold medals like the olympics.   If I were given 4 years to train I think I could compete in Mario Kart 8 olympics but probably still lose. I always win online when I try but some people are just incredible at certain games but it'd be fun to try :).   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:58:14 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 10:39:26 pm »
Closest I've done to that is been part of the Nintendo Powerfest when it was making the rounds.

Lost horribly, but got a neat pen out of it, which was eventually lost.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 01:22:37 am »
Didn't they make a film about this?

First thing that came to mind seeing this post was The Wizard(think that was title). It was like one big ad for Nintendo with the NWC I believe, SMB3 and the Power Glove.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 09:42:08 am »
I don't think I'd have any problem getting on stage and playing a game.  "Why?", You might ask.  That's because it's a game.  If you suck at it, oh well.  Just have fun with it.  Ham it up for the crowd.  Enjoy your moment in the spotlight.

I've streamed games before.  You might not have a ton of people watching, but folks are watching you play a game.  You will fail.  You can still have fun with it.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 10:17:36 am »
I have played games in front of people before. Two different scenarios, but not with some huge crowd involved.

The first would have been back in the mid 2000s, I ran a video game night at a local bar. Where video game music would be played, and either a PS2 or Xbox was connected to a projector and people could play games that way. So I have played games in front of the bar goers. Not any huge crowd but they were people I did not know.

The other example is on Twitch. But not just a video game or facecam playing a video game. It is probably about the same but I have played live Pinball on Twitch before where hundreds of people were watching online.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 11:41:32 am »
I have played in local COD tournaments more than a few years back. not all that many people watching but somewhere between 30-50 actually makes you feel good when your doing well in the game. easy to get a big head when they cheer for you and your team.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 12:14:39 pm »
Whenever I play DDR, I still get a few spectators. The most recent time I was playing at an arcade there were about 20 folks crowded around me. It was fun.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 12:23:05 am »
I'd most likely freeze up and act like I've never seen a video game in my life. Never been able to take the stage for anything, my mind just falls apart.