Author Topic: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 11873 times)

theflea

Re: October 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 10:59:52 pm »
A lot of goodies came in the mail today and my local used game store got in a bunch of Japanese games.

Amiibo
- Goomba
- Koopa Troopa

Tiny Arcade
Heard that these where being sold at Cracker Barrel and they only had the one left. Now I gotta find the other 3.
- Ms. Pac-Man

XBone
- Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - Collector's Edition
- Family Fun Pack: Conquest Edition (on clearance for $10)

PS4
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Limited Edition
- Touhou Kobuto V Burst Battle - Limited Edition
- Yakuza Kiwami - Steelbook Edition
- Blue Reflection
- Lawbreakers
- Starblood Arena (on clearance for $10)

Switch

VITA
- Drive Girls
- Bad Apple Wars - Day One Edition
- Ys Origins - Collector's Edition

3DS
- RPG Maker FES - Limited Edition
- Culdcept Revolt - Limited Edition

XB360
Saw this on clearance for $12, sure why not.  :P
- Guitar Hero Live

PS2
Found some PS2 games I didn't have for cheap from my local used game store.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum
- Nighshade
- Ever Grace

GBA
I saw GBA Doom at a Gamestop for $24. I know this game is uncommon and looked it up on Ebay and saw someone selling both for $18 with free shipping so I just bought it that way. lol
- Doom
- Doom II

Some dude came in to my local used game store and brought in a box full of import games, but as they where going through them I guess he took most of them back. He had games from Famicom, Super Famicom, Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast. They tried to get him to sell more but he only was able to part with a few. I bought several that they did get. Most all of these where priced under $7. I didn't buy any of the PS2 games just because they where all RPG's that got a US release.

DC
- July
- Guilty Gear X
- EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear (have the US version, just loved the cover art)
- Star Gladiator 2
- Biohazard: Code Veronica
- Maken X (cover so much better then the US release)

SAT
- Segata Sanshirou Shinkenyugi (I had to get this) lol
- Biohazard

PS1
- Fist

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 09:46:39 pm »
Recently

PS4
Yakuza 0

SNES
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse

PSP
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac

« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41:32 pm »
A lot of goodies came in the mail today and my local used game store got in a bunch of Japanese games.

Amiibo
- Goomba
- Koopa Troopa

Tiny Arcade
Heard that these where being sold at Cracker Barrel and they only had the one left. Now I gotta find the other 3.
- Ms. Pac-Man

XBone
- Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - Collector's Edition
- Family Fun Pack: Conquest Edition (on clearance for $10)

PS4
- Yakuza Kiwami - Steelbook Edition
- Blue Reflection
- Lawbreakers
- Starblood Arena (on clearance for $10)

Switch

VITA
- Drive Girls
- Bad Apple Wars - Day One Edition
- Ys Origins - Collector's Edition

3DS
- RPG Maker FES - Limited Edition
- Culdcept Revolt - Limited Edition

XB360
Saw this on clearance for $12, sure why not.  :P
- Guitar Hero Live

PS2
Found some PS2 games I didn't have for cheap from my local used game store.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum
- Nighshade
- Ever Grace

GBA
I saw GBA Doom at a Gamestop for $24. I know this game is uncommon and looked it up on Ebay and saw someone selling both for $18 with free shipping so I just bought it that way. lol
- Doom
- Doom II

Some dude came in to my local used game store and brought in a box full of import games, but as they where going through them I guess he took most of them back. He had games from Famicom, Super Famicom, Saturn, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast. They tried to get him to sell more but he only was able to part with a few. I bought several that they did get. Most all of these where priced under $7. I didn't buy any of the PS2 games just because they where all RPG's that got a US release.

DC
- July
- Guilty Gear X
- EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear (have the US version, just loved the cover art)
- Star Gladiator 2
- Biohazard: Code Veronica
- Maken X (cover so much better then the US release)

SAT
- Segata Sanshirou Shinkenyugi (I had to get this) lol
- Biohazard

PS1
- Fist

You must have a REALLY good job.  :)  I do but damn mortgage, bills, and debt get in the way! Haha

shepard11

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 11:37:20 pm »
Gamestop was doing the buy one clearance item get a clearance item so I ended up getting two amiibos I didn't have. Also brought the 4 display they had for 30 bucks but realized I didn't have room for them.

Amiibo:
Daisy
Waluigi

shfan

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »
I'm unwell ATM (nothing major), so I went out to fill a prescription at a town I visit often, there's a particular charity shop I never go in because I found it expensive in the past. In a hurry today, so dive in that particular CS rather than any others.. bugger me! Tunguska, Xena and Legend of Dragoon on PS1, complete, 99p each. I couldn't tell you the last time I found anything exciting in a charity shop, couldn't believe my eyes when I read the spines.  :o

I've no money for big spends, but there are two titles which I wanted on release, unknown to me (until a day before) they were both released last Friday - Evil Within 2 and Dungeons 3 for the PS4. Got EW2 mail-order from CEX with a voucher, had to pay cash for Dungeons 3 as CEX messed-up the trade-in value on that one so nobody's going to trade one in till it's dropping in price. Looking forward to playing those two.

Also got/getting recently: Vandal Hearts 1 & 2 (courtesy of more CEX voucher), Resident Evil 6 PS4 (ditto), Dino Strike Wii (ditto again, hope it comes with the manual). Expecting Fire in the Flood and Caladrius Blaze from Limited Run, waiting to see if Play Asia announce anything interesting in the same vein.

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2017, 10:32:37 am »
Picked an HORI Final Fantasy XII Memory Card brand new on ebay.  :D

edited image size - Deso
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:32:58 am by desocietas »

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2017, 10:15:48 pm »

My copy of Blinx the Time Memer came in. Case is kinda beat up but the disc is flawless.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

sworddude

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2017, 09:52:31 am »
Some interesting weeks

Free gamestore deals all cib

ps2

way of the samurai
armored core 2

xbox

tenchu darkness
blood omen 2

psp

shinobido promo + display box

A missed ps1 game from the former week cib

batman of the future ps1

An intersting dreamcast deal both in excellent shape cib

20 euro's shipped a piece.

Pretty glad with this deal, could sell one to make my money back easily but to be fair It's not a high price and a nice excuse to beef up my dreamcast collection

gigawing
gunbird 2

A small neo geo deal made a 10 euro loss cib excellent shape

Puzzle bobble English version also managed to snag down a spine card of art of fighting 2

An interesting ps1 2 set for free pretty stoked to add american exclusives.

beyond the beyond ps1 cib excellent shape

ps2 forever kingdom cib

The last one some edge wear on the front cover but otherwise in very nice shape, I'll see if I keep this one or not

A lose nintendo gameboy deal

Tactics ogre cib for free.

A very interesting nintendo deal for free

pretty stoked to get these

king of fighters 95
world heroes jet Have never seen this one

Axelay snes always saw this as a mediocre shooter on the snes but It's better than i Taught, pretty much never play through lose carts so yea what can I say.

A very interesting cheap sega deal.

Some cib games for free moreover ntc exclusives

Cadash cib excellent shape 2 player very interesting very pleased to find this one.

Than 2 games wich lack in condition but are placeholders for now. An exception since these are great games, they are cib carts and manuals are great but the covers are lacking. I'm not going to find these cheap in europe anytime soon. Didn't expect to find these titles here in the first place anyway.

Socket box inlay actually very good condition but front discoloured
Trouble shooter already knew that there was something but it was a cheap deal and I'm a cheap man. Box inlay has some strips cut of on the sides a shame. Other than that in good condition manuals and cart very nice condition if not for that.

Maybe I'll find some nice boxes in the future wich are missing the manuals orso but for now I can play these games.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:20:47 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

shepard11

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:39 am »
Went on a 12 hour adventure in Northern Columbus today I think I hit every Goodwill, Toys R Us, Retro Game Store and Half Priced Books along with a few yard sales. Feel like I made out like a bandit.

Amiibo:
Toad

Atari 2600:
Berzerk

Gameboy:
Hardcase x13

Gamecube:
Swingerz Golf

PS1:
No Fear Downhill Mountain Bike Racing

PS2:
Burnout
Top Gun Combat Zones
Twisted Metal Black

PS3:
Battlefield 3 Limited Edition

PSP:
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories
Gretzky NHL 06

PC:
Duke Nukem 3D (found for 50 cent)

Guide:
Pokemon Platinum Version Official Pokemon Guide

Xbox:
Links 2004
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee Platinum hits

Xbox 360:
Guitar Hero Guitar x2 (still trying to figure out which ones they are)

Sega Genesis:
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Primal Rage

Sega Game Gear:
Incredible Crash Test Dummies
Incredible Hulk (w/manual)
Jungle Book (EU version by accident)
Poker Face Paul's Poker
Solitaire Poker
T2 (w/manual)
Game Gear Game Hard Cases x8

Sega Dreamcast:
Blue Stinger
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 11:50:01 am »
Game finds for last week:
Blasto PS1 cib 1.99$
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater greatest hits PS1 cib 2.99$
Family Guy Video Game PS2 cib 1.99$
Scooby Too Night of 100 Frights greatest hits PS2 cib 1.99$
Star Wars Battlefront II PS2 cib 3.99$
Lost Kingdoms GCN loose 1.99$
Lego Batman DS cib 1.99$
MX Vs ATV Reflex DS cib 1.99$
Guitar Hero 5 Xbox 360 cib 1.99$
Game Party Wii cib 1$
Just Dance 4 Wii cib 1$
1 UP Mushroom McDonalds Toy .25$
Bowser Mcdonalds Toy .25$
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 04:49:33 pm by 98dgreen »

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 05:34:06 pm »
Been awhile since I've done much retro collecting, I've basically stopped and decided that if I plan to do anymore, it's going to be purely boxed N64 games, so going to visit a local game shop that just re-opened into a bigger spot, I used some trades to pick up Command & Conquer, and then grabbed 1080.  Nothing super cheap, but enough that I didn't mind grabbing for now.  Thinking of going back and just asking if I buy like a half dozen or more of the cheap sports games, if he'll give me a deal lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 12:17:44 am »
My goodies from Portland Retro Gaming Expo, my first gaming expo! (It was awesome.)

Einhander (PS1) and Lunar the Silver Star Complete (PS1) are two from my "Holy Grails" list, so that is awesome. Strike Gunner (SNES) & Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Master System) have been on my wishlist for far too long, so it's cool to see those get knocked off, too. The others are ones I got cheap there.

The book is by Brett Weiss, who was there, and signed the inside cover, as well as the copy of the 1989-1990 Edition I also owned and took with me to get signed.

The booklet in the upper corner is the program guide/contents of the event, and the badge below that. Up top is a free bag that they gave you.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:19:46 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 08:39:14 am »
Picked up Fire Emblem Warriors CE... that was a fiasco.  I had it preordered for shipping with Amazon and BB.  You know, because something always happens and one gets cancelled.  Well, preorders were open for so long, I figured it was safe, so I cancelled the Amazon order.  Then BB started doing an incentive program for in store pick up.  Save $1 when you do in store pick up.  I'm near my preferred BB on Tuesdays and Fridays any way, so it's a win-win.  So I switched my preorder over to store pick up.  Release day comes.  Store cancels my order 5 minutes after the store opens, because they don't have any stock of the game left.  Presumably they sold all of the preorders to first come first serve.  I have a separate story about this I'll come back to.  I go and check, if I want it shipped, it won't get here until November 1st, even with the Elite Plus free 2-day shipping.  I notice that another local BB has it eligible for in store pickup ready in 1 hour.  So I place the order and they fill it... but I don't save the $1 for in store pick up because I guess the incentive is over now.

The other BB story is that with the release of the Xbox One, with the Day One edition that you had to preorder to receive.  The store handed out the Day One editions that were preordered to the people showing up to buy the system without preorders.  Store wound up in a lot of fucking trouble because tons of people who explicitly bought the Day One edition were handed the non-Day One edition because the store sold them to non pre-order folks.

Other pick up is I got Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past CIB.  Another one of those online purchases where the seller claims it's CIB, no pictures, and it's priced at the loose price.  Came CIB with the map and everything.  NIIIIIIIIIICE.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 10:47:55 am »
Forgot Crystalis (GBC) in my pic because it was already in my GBA.

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 11:13:43 am »

Einhander!  Sweet!  Most underrated shooter ever.  I really wish I wouldn't of sold mine 10 years ago.  :(