Author Topic: What do you think was the worst gaming fad of all time?  (Read 3860 times)

sworddude

Re: What do you think was the worst gaming fad of all time?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 05:51:18 am »
I'm not sure what's often seen as different about Galaxy in terms of just the game. Galaxy 2 was a bit more linear yes, but aside from that, never felt like they were much of a departure

It's been awhile so I don't remember it perfectly, I just generally remember that they were starting to take the "Worlds" out of the game and by Galaxy 2, it was more just levels than anything.  While gameplay it could be said they were advancing the series, I felt like they were regressing back into the usual 2D Mario design, which is not what I wanted to see from the 3D Marios...

But I don't want to keep making this about Galaxy, it just comes down to where some people might say "Well it's only a little motion control, a little waggle", others like me see it as "Well it's a little motion control, a little waggle, what's the point? Just give me a regular controller."

Reading your arguments I'm pretty sure you also gave these games the boot early on since you didn't like them. Not a problem everyone has opinions after all.

As far as 2D mario games go the mario galaxy games were far from that, also many levels to explore like any other 3D mario game not to mention that even the more linear lvl's felt 3D unlike some other mario 3D franchise. Mario 3d world wii u  :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:45:48 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:06 am »
I'm not sure what's often seen as different about Galaxy in terms of just the game. Galaxy 2 was a bit more linear yes, but aside from that, never felt like they were much of a departure

It's been awhile so I don't remember it perfectly, I just generally remember that they were starting to take the "Worlds" out of the game and by Galaxy 2, it was more just levels than anything.  While gameplay it could be said they were advancing the series, I felt like they were regressing back into the usual 2D Mario design, which is not what I wanted to see from the 3D Marios...

But I don't want to keep making this about Galaxy, it just comes down to where some people might say "Well it's only a little motion control, a little waggle", others like me see it as "Well it's a little motion control, a little waggle, what's the point? Just give me a regular controller."

Reading your arguments I'm pretty sure you also gave these games the boot early on since you didn't like them. Not a problem everyone has opinions after all.

As far as 2D mario games go the mario galaxy games were far from that, also many levels to explore like any other 3D mario game not to mention that even the more linear lvl's felt 3D unlike some other mario 3D franchise. Mario 3d world wii u  :P
I think the complaint might be that there was no overworld in Galaxy 2 or 3D World.  I liked exploring the overworld in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.  IIRC Galaxy 2 only had the head ship as an overworld and 3D World was basically an open roam SMB3 map.

sworddude

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2017, 09:42:00 am »

I think the complaint might be that there was no overworld in Galaxy 2 or 3D World.  I liked exploring the overworld in 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy.  IIRC Galaxy 2 only had the head ship as an overworld and 3D World was basically an open roam SMB3 map.

Plenty of lvl's in mario galaxy 2 wich had the full exploration like any other 3D mario.

The overworld is very minor part in this game. I will agree that especially the overworld in sunshine was fun to explore I'll give you that.

3D world had far more problems than only the overworld if I'm honest though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:45:53 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 12:53:54 pm »
3D World was waaayyy more fun than Galaxy, IMO. Same goes for Sunshine. I can repeatedly go back to those 2 titles.

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 06:03:21 am »
Anyone dislike First Person Shooter games on the Wii. personally I think that is the worst fad. Especially when in Call Of Duty moving the Wii remote slightly left and or slightly right makes you turn on screen. I never been able to hold the wii rifle long enough to aim correctly it just moves way too fast and my arms hurt in the process. I am not talking about on rail shooters either no manual move squad based shooters instead

I'd love to see what some of you think about motion controlled first person shooters on the Wii were like for you. My dad don't seem to have a problem though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:08:00 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 06:04:25 am »
I have to defend the Wii sports titles I think that they are great, like golf tennis, bowling and also party games as well. :)
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)