Author Topic: Suggestion: Notify when wishlist game becomes available  (Read 1014 times)

stealthrush

Suggestion: Notify when wishlist game becomes available
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:47:25 am »
E-mail or Private message notification when a game listed in your wishlist becomes available from another user adding it to their sell list. The notification would be useful, just a suggestion.

Re: Suggestion: Notify when wishlist game becomes available
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:34:27 am »
Is it a used feature though? I rarely touch those parts of the site, i don't think adding this would really help anything imo.  :-\

stealthrush

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:12:41 am »
Is it a used feature though? I rarely touch those parts of the site, i don't think adding this would really help anything imo.  :-\

Speaking for myself I rather buy from other collectors on forums than using a service. You have direct communication and know the quality of the product is going to be mint. Also useful for those specific/rare items to connect to the direct user for a transaction.

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:29:21 am »
Honestly, the sell list feature should be removed altogether.

There are too many fake users who have added nearly every game on the database to their sell list "retrogamingdad" for instance.  The sell list feature isn't intuitive.  You can't move from collection to sell list, you have to add manually.  Same goes for moving from sell list to collection.  Too many folks don't use that feature at all, and the few that do, don't keep it updated.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:38:27 am »
IDK about the sell list being removed. I would like to hear feedback from more people as to whether it is used or not. I know I put all the games I have steam keys for free giveaway on my sell list, and I only got one message from it!

I think what probably should be done instead is that the sell list should require that you stay active on the site. How many items are in that for people who don't use the site anymore? Perhaps it could be made where the sell list would empty if you don't visit the site for 60 days. IDK, but I think items in the sell list for some who came onto the site just once 5 years ago shouldn't be something that people could see today, as it ends up being a waste of time to PM people about doing a buy or trade and never get a reply.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:31 am »
IDK about the sell list being removed.
I wasn't entirely being serious, just conveying how useless the feature is.

I've tried to use it to no avail and I've tried to take advantage of it to no avail.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 11:37:30 am »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:17:30 pm by jce3000gt »