Author Topic: November 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 8628 times)

tripredacus

Re: November 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 12:45:13 pm »
5 more Genesis games. Risk is sealed.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 09:44:27 am »
I FINALLY got Skullgirls in the mail from LRG after about a year I believe. Lunar guide was a thrift store find for $5, and DKC2, Quake 3, and Xavious were from a local swap meet of collectors.

Pretty envious of you guys in the US plenty of strategy guides there in comparison to europe and allot cheaper. Let alone the working designs ones wich aren't to hard to find in the USA pretty much impossible in europe.

Very nice add, them working designs guides look pretty nice.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 10:01:22 am »
I FINALLY got Skullgirls in the mail from LRG after about a year I believe. Lunar guide was a thrift store find for $5, and DKC2, Quake 3, and Xavious were from a local swap meet of collectors.

Pretty envious of you guys in the US plenty of strategy guides there in comparison to europe and allot cheaper. Let alone the working designs ones wich aren't to hard to find in the USA pretty much impossible in europe.

They aren't that common over here either. Lunar is probably the most common one, but this is actually the first one I ever found in the wild, at least for under $20. I also found a Alundra guide for a few bucks several months ago, but other than that I've only seen Working Design game guides at game stores a handful of times. It just really depends on the players guide really.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:25 am »

They aren't that common over here either. Lunar is probably the most common one, but this is actually the first one I ever found in the wild, at least for under $20. I also found a Alundra guide for a few bucks several months ago, but other than that I've only seen Working Design game guides at game stores a handful of times. It just really depends on the players guide really.

Strategy guides are allot more common in the USA I'm pretty sure of that even N64 and snes era ones etc.

Good guides of rpg's and mario games that sell for like 10 20 $ in the US sell for double that or sometimes more since the availability is very limited in europa, not to mention that if you look in the US for allot of guides the availability is plenty instead of none or a few.  there are ofcourse more expensive guides wich are even more rare in europe.

There are exceptions but not many, in general there is no comparison in terms of availability in europe vs the USA. Common in comparison not easy to find for a cheap price unless there are sellers who sell it for less than 10$ online wich I have seen plenty for the older mario strategy guides but even ps1 ps2 rpg's just to name some examples.

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 11:10:41 am »
Once again have RollerCoaster Tycoon, also with Added Attractions and Loopy Landscapes now, after rediscovering my love for the series since finding RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 at a charity shop. :)
Nintendo collector/creator and aspiring mother. ✿

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 12:07:51 pm »
I think strategy guides are common, but good luck if you only want to find a specific one. I've been looking for the KOTOR and KOTOR II guides forever, but not going out of my way to buy them online. :p

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:36 pm »
I think strategy guides are common, but good luck if you only want to find a specific one. I've been looking for the KOTOR and KOTOR II guides forever, but not going out of my way to buy them online. :p

It took me like 5-years to track down a Xenogears guide. It really depends on the specific guide and unless you are willing to splurge on ebay or amazon, you may have to wait a while until you run across a specific guide you're after.

davifus

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »
I completely forgot I ordered it. Kind of late isnt it?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

sworddude

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »

It took me like 5-years to track down a Xenogears guide. It really depends on the specific guide and unless you are willing to splurge on ebay or amazon, you may have to wait a while until you run across a specific guide you're after.

That's pretty much for everything at least in this hobby that is.

Allot guides of old games can be pricy, and yes without ebay or amazon they aren't common far from it and it will take a while to get them.

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 04:23:55 pm »
Got my Borderlands 2 in the mail that I ordered in what I thought was a Japanese release but surprise to me it is actually the Asian release.  I'll actually take it!  Still need the Japanese version though...   8)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:10:23 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »
This weeks gets.

Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 12:12:16 pm »
Picked up my 3rd bigbox of Star Command: Revolution, second one new/sealed.  This one was only $12.  I've been watching this specific item for what seems like a couple years.  I finally offered a reasonable amount and he took it.  :D  Love this game.  Now if only I can locate the Gold edition...

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 12:22:08 pm by jce3000gt »

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 03:22:38 pm »
It's an amiibo day.  Probably the last I'll buy for awhile.

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2017, 06:27:09 pm »

I keep on telling myself that, and every time they get me lol

sworddude

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »

I keep on telling myself that, and every time they get me lol

Just think about it this way

It's 5 - 15 $ or sometimes even more each, you can barely do anything with them and to top it off they take up allot of space, not to mention there are far to many versions if you would go for entire sets.

as far as extra content goes amiibo cards are way cheaper not to mention there are even other non legit ways to get to the content if you need it that badly.

It's kinda ridiculous really, how much money one would need spend if you would get all the content in for example breath of the wild, no thank you  ;)

Amiibo are a different beast of collecting compared to games in my opinion. It's more just to collect than play.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:00:16 pm by sworddude »