Author Topic: Animal Crossing: Pocket camp  (Read 1227 times)

rayne315

Animal Crossing: Pocket camp
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:30:46 am »
Is anyone playing this phone game? it released yesterday and im trying to get a few friends in it. My User id is 3089 7132 737.

also I would like to know your initial reactions to it. I think its a great concept but unfortunately I have run into quite a few connectivity issues in it. the touch controls definitely work well with the game.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: Animal Crossing: Pocket camp
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:26:29 pm »
I'm playing too, so I'll add you when I get around to it.  The connectivity issues aren't great, but for the most part, it's one of the better mobile games they've done, certainly more so than the awful Super Mario Run.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:09:41 pm »
I'm enjoying it! Downloaded it last night, and while I had issues at first, it's gotten much better. If you've linked your Nintendo account, there are free leaf tickets you can get when you look at the rewards/missions. I might've lost my tickets due to connection issues, but I can't be sure :(

Here I am:

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:15:48 pm »
I intend to play here and there, added everyone in the thread so far. Seems like a decent time waster so far.

FC: 8783 8253 986

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
Added everyone in the thread.  I downloaded it yesterday and have enjoyed it so far!

At the very least it is good at distracting me from getting more important things done  ;D

My code is: 5290 0507 584
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

doafan

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 03:10:37 pm »
Would love to say yes but the true is that am not but my daugher is playing this title every single day, guess am gonna link her Nintendo Account ID to this game just to see what benefits can she have also I hear that she can earn some Nintendo Coins with it also there are some misions that she need to complete in order to get Platimum or Gold coins, this is the way that am using to purchase some wallpapers to her 2DS  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

davifus

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 09:02:45 pm »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

azure

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:50 pm »
I didn't have any issues with the connection the first few play sessions, but now I can see the issues. I've dropped twice right after catching a bug and I can see it getting very annoying, quickly.

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 05:15:10 pm »
yeah at first I thought the connectivity issues were just because it was new and being downloaded sooo much now I think it might just be bugs in the code that cause the occasional disconnect. it does re-connect very quickly but its just the fact that it happens in the first place that is aggravating. either way im enjoying it enough to keep playing. I can very easily see the end of the game though as you can only get soo many people and they all have a distinct happiness cap.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 07:13:21 pm »
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out the cap, but now that I figured out the amenity thing, it's better. If anything, the time wait for items is crazy. 1min for some items and 12 hours for others... and there's no real rhyme or reason for it.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

pacpix

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 09:39:00 pm »
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out the cap, but now that I figured out the amenity thing, it's better. If anything, the time wait for items is crazy. 1min for some items and 12 hours for others... and there's no real rhyme or reason for it.

It's always the worst when I go to craft the last item I need to invite an animal and it takes like 8 hours lol.  The tier 2 amenity I crafted took 48 hours  :o

How has everyone been doing with materials?  I find I keep running out of cotton, most of the Nintendo rewards points I earn go directly to getting more cotton.  I try to base what animals are in my camp on materials they give, but the only animal I have that gives cotton is Tex  :-\

I do like how they are handling the holiday event stuff though with the candy cane materials.  I was expecting that a lot of the stuff would cost leaf tickets!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

desocietas

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:21 pm »
COTTON

I just spent Nintendo rewards points on cotton today, too, lol

I have like a million steel and wood but cotton is a trickle.......
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 04:47:02 pm »
I haven't ran into any shortage of anything yet, I'll be stingy with my cotton though if this thread has any bearing.