Author Topic: What is the Best Zelda Game Ever?  (Read 2067 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What is the Best Zelda Game Ever?
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:37:24 pm »
What is the best Zelda game ever?

A year ago, I would've easily said Link to the Past (SNES) without 2nd thought. But now that Breath of the Wild has come out, I think I might go with that. That game has taken many, many hours of my life. And next month when the expansion hits, it will take many, many more.

Re: What is the Best Zelda Game Ever?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 02:59:19 pm »
Before BotW I didn't have a favorite Zelda.  I really liked Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, but I didn't have a favorite among them.  I liked them for different reasons.

BotW blows them all out of the water for different reasons.

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 03:16:08 pm »
Ocarina of time has been laid to rest then finally?

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 03:24:54 pm »
I have doubt between A link to the Past (snes) and Awakening DX (gbc)

soera

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:25:15 pm »
Ocarina of time has been laid to rest then finally?

Ocarina was never on the list to begin with.

For me, its Link between worlds. It took everything that Link to the past was and added to it. Great game for sure!

shepard11

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »
I really love Wind Waker. And when I say that people look at me like I have two heads I own and/or played almost all the Legend of Zelda games. But Wind Waker I've brought every time it's keeps getting re-released. I just really love the hunting and exploring in that game. BotW is awesome but it just doesn't hold my attention like WW.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 05:17:50 pm »
Before this year, Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time were basically at the top, Ocarina probably at the very top for nostalgia sake.  Today, it's for sure Breath of the Wild, and that's sorta weird to say as I actually have a number of issues with the game, because it's not a perfect game at all, especially in comparison to previous entries.  On the other hand, what it did right, made me LOVE the game.  I think whatever comes out after Breath of the Wild, if it uses the BOTW framework, could very easily overtake BOTW.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 05:39:29 pm »
Breath of the Wild followed by Ocarina of Time

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 05:54:10 pm »
New things in pretty much allot of cases seem like the best thing ever if it's a good game that is, Let's wait a few years till the hype train dies out and than we can see if breath of the wild truly is the best zelda game ever made.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 06:21:31 pm »
New things in pretty much allot of cases seem like the best thing ever if it's a good game that is, Let's wait a few years till the hype train dies out and than we can see if breath of the wild truly is the best zelda game ever made.

To a point for sure, the glistening sparkle of something new can be more enticing in the moment, but for me, this is what I've wanted from Zelda for many years now.  It doesn't nail everything, which is why I consider the game more of an 8/10 than the perfect scores other have given, but to still go on and be a game I dumped over 100 hours into is impressive for sure.  I'm far more likely to replay this game than most any other from now on.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:23 pm »
I will be screeching my love for Wind Waker until the day I die.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Agozer

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:18 pm »
The HD remaster of Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 08:23:13 pm »
Wind Waker for sure! Then i think Botw. :)

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 09:54:32 pm »
Twilight or Awakening

thewelshman

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 12:00:15 am »
I never owned a Nintendo past the SNES, so the only Zelda games I played were The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, and The Minish Cap. I absolutely love A Link to the Past, but I thought The Minish Cap was a hugely underrated game.

I did buy a Wii from a friend of mine a few years back that has Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time. I might need to finally play them.