Author Topic: Do you buy games you know you probably won't play?  (Read 5551 times)

Re: Do you buy games you know you probably won't play?
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2017, 10:55:12 am »
exactly my opinion, i'd rather have 500 games that I love than having to go trough 2000 games only to find only a few that i like

I'd rather have the 2000 games to sort through because I never know if a game I wouldn't normally play is going to be a hidden gem. Some have been as horrible as I expected, but others I wound up enjoying immensely. Best personal example for me is the Dynasty Warriors franchise, where I got Dynasty Warriors Gundam becasue it was dirt cheap, and now several years later, I've got 13 100% completions across the franchise.

I mean it's not that hard to watch a video on youtube to see if you're at least a bit interested in the game. There's a difference between buying a game that you don't know but think you might like and buying a game that's clearly bad. It's still pointless to me to have 2000 and not know if you're at least interested in half of them, especially with how easy it is to look up a game nowadays.

thewelshman

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2017, 04:58:31 pm »
I'm a sucker for limited release games and it has taken a few crappy games to convince me to stop buying them just because they'll be a rarer collector's item. I only have a collection of 301 games at this time and have slowed my purchasing considerably. So there's a larger chance of me to finally put a dent into my backlog. Lately I've been focused on my 3 month old, as well as studying for certifications. I've also put more time into PC gaming, though I'm trying to play my Vita/PS4 more.

All too often the niche games I want will end up going on sale for about $15, so it's better for me to wait.

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 02:41:19 am »
I definitely have in the past but typically the game came with something. When I bought my PS4 used off ebay it came with a few games I have had absolutely no interest in. Another reason I will buy games that I won't play is because I am a greed, heartless, capitalistic, scum. Joking aside I will buy games because I think I can turn a profit! I have wasted sooooo much money doing this lol. Finally another reason I will buy a game is because it is simply so cheap! There will be a shit game going for 60$ on any mainstream store. Gamestop, walmart, target, ect. However there is some poor sole that for some reason bought this piece of trash and is looking to make ANY kind of money on it! I have never played Evolve but I got it barely used for 7$ such a steal!

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 11:59:05 am »
Maybe if there's a reason it has any value to me. A licensed game of something I like, a poor installment of a franchise I enjoy..I can buy games for pretty stupid reasons but there's gotta be a reason at least

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2017, 07:36:27 am »
no, I don't like to waste my money on crap

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2017, 10:47:16 am »
I usually end up with games I wouldn't normally choose for myself if I'm buying up a large bunch of games at once. I look at it as an opportunity to try something different should I feel so inclined, and if I try it out and don't like it, I usually pass it on. I don't do this very often, and usually the price has to be right, like less than $5/game.
Don't have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

ez054098

PRO Supporter

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »
Always. I am a collector.

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »
99% of the time, the games I buy I intend to play them. The only real exception to this is when I impulse buy at a thrift store or something.