Author Topic: Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection Announced  (Read 2130 times)

Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection Announced
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

A brand new Mega Man game was announced.  3D graphics, 2D gameplay, very clearly based around classic NES Mega Man, though he does have actual physical transformations with his abilities now, not just suit colors.  Looks nice, I'm just glad it's not another pure NES rehash, though I would've preferred a new Mega Man X.  That block/castle looking Mega Man art that got around last year was actually an easter egg/teaser for the new game they stuck in the Legacy Collection 2.

Also announced, is that Mega Man X1 to X8 will get a collection (Though not confirmed at the moment if it's all in one set or split like with the first collection games) release.  I'm assuming split for maximum profitability.

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/12/04/mega-man-11-announced-nintendo-switch-coming-2018/

And in lesser news, they did say that the two Mega Man Legacy Collections are coming to Switch for those that want the games there which is nice. There is also some amiibo support, but nothing about what that may be.

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/12/04/mega-man-legacy-collections-1-2-coming-switch-amiibo-functionality-confirmed/

Overall, while I'm not crazy excited for Mega Man 11, as I would prefer Legends or X, it's nice to see that Capcom cares abit for the Blue Bomber again.

Re: Mega Man 11 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection Announced
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:44:19 pm »
Personally I'm not sold on 11, looks like Mighty No. 9 to me, and I was SO fucking burned by that game.

If Mega Man X collection is physical I'll be ecstatic.

azure

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »
I think MM 11 looks fine, so far. See many individuals already making the expected  Mighty No. 9 jokes and what not. I did not want another 8bit style MM though, so it's welcome to me. So long as the gameplay is solid anyway. Ultimately, I'm not getting my hopes up will just have to see how this turns out.

+1 To the X collection physical, I need to be able to play X4 on every console known to man  :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:59:15 pm »
I'm in!  Gotta show some love! 

I'm hope they work on that running animation.  It looks really weird.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:18:20 pm »
I own almost all the x games, but I'm always down to repurchase them ;)

telly

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:22:23 pm »
I only own X4, so this would be a great way to own all of them!

I honestly think MM11 looks alright. It looks a lot like classic Mega Man but with a different style
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:34:02 pm »
Mighty No. 9 looks way worse than this and we know it's gonna have good gameplay.  I like that the game is having unique looks for the powerups rather than just colored suits.  Again, I wish it was Mega Man X instead, I think those games are better, but at least it's not just a bare bones new release trying to ape everything from MM2 like 9 and 10 did.  I do feel like I hope they tweak the animations abit, he's looking a tad stiff, but it's still probably 8 months to a year out from release.

indenton

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »
As someone who has dabbled with a bit of Mega Man: I'm onboard for this and wish Capcom the best of luck to wipe the floor with Mighty No. 9 in every department. 

As Turf mentioned, that run cycle looks a bit stiff.  Early days though, remember how people were super hyped when Mighty No. 9 was first revealed and things just went downhill?  Perhaps the opposite will happen, hopefully
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:32:07 pm by indenton »

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 07:20:01 pm »
Mmm, I am officially intrigued...
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

soera

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:27:13 pm »
I must be the only person alive who actually did not mind no9. I enjoyed it for what it was.

I do hope this game makes physical. Would like to add it to the rest of my MMs.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:31:28 pm »
I must be the only person alive who actually did not mind no9. I enjoyed it for what it was.

I do hope this game makes physical. Would like to add it to the rest of my MMs.

I think you might really be the only one.  I made it like two levels before I was done with it and got a refund lol

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 08:19:52 pm »
Looking forward to the X games. I've only ever played the ones for the SNES in the series. Hopefully they put everything in one release rather than splitting it.

Now we need some Battle Network and Zero collections.

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:22 pm »
Megaman 11 looks real ugly

telly

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »
Battle Network would seriously be awesome as a compilation. All the X, Classic and Zero games have already had compilations, wish BN would get the same treatment.  :'(
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 09:21:25 pm »
Indeed BN needs the love as well, Star Force too while we're at it.