Author Topic: Submitting missing games  (Read 2827 times)

blipcs76

Submitting missing games
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:03:24 am »
What is the method for submitting missing titles?  I recently input my collection, but I ran across a few things that I couldn't find.  Who do I contact or is there a form or official method for submitting items you'd like added to the database?

jobocan

Re: Submitting missing games
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:13:05 am »
http://vgcollect.com/submit

That's one of the reasons I clicked with this site, I can just add games when I want if they're not already there. Just make 100% sure the games you want to add aren't already there and, well, add away! (the button for this is fairly easy to find, under the list of platforms you have games for in the left sidebar in the collection section of the site)

blipcs76

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:29 pm »
Thanks!  I must have thought that button was for adding new games to personal collections instead of submitting new titles to the database. 

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 02:19:55 pm »
Thanks!  I must have thought that button was for adding new games to personal collections instead of submitting new titles to the database.

Totally understand the confusion. We allow for instant submissions but do have a system in place to monitor them just to be sure no spam gets through. If you have any other questions just let us know.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »
That's one of the reasons I clicked with this site, I can just add games when I want if they're not already there. Just make 100% sure the games you want to add aren't already there and, well, add away! (the button for this is fairly easy to find, under the list of platforms you have games for in the left sidebar in the collection section of the site)
You and me both. This is what made me want to move my collection here and the community keeps me here.

amauriel

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 03:12:36 pm »
Yup! I like that we can have more distinction too. For example, I just cataloged 8 Game Boy Pockets - different colors. Rather than just "GBP" I was able to actually put in the info for them.

As soon as I'm done inventory-ing (I'm finally getting close!) I'll just have to provide pictures for all this stuff I've added, and flesh out the info that I didn't have time to grab the first time.

No other site I've found is as awesome about adding things.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

scott

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »
You and me both. This is what made me want to move my collection here and the community keeps me here.

Awwww
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  We are pretty badass!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com