Author Topic: PS4/X1/Switch Physical releases that are the entire and finished game...  (Read 2259 times)

aliensstudios

Re: PS4/X1/Switch Physical releases that are the entire and finished game...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 11:54:12 am »
I have a few titles for PS4 that are the entire game, Among the Sleep has all of the content + the dlc on the disc and has yet to need an update to play. Also, lots of the Limited Run Games are like this with the exception of those that needed updates.

This doesn't bother me much, but it will be a pain in the future to keep backups of your hard drives and such but I mean, maintenance is part of the hobby really. Nothing's going to last forever.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Agozer

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 05:23:29 pm »
The titles I have on the PS4:

Okami HD
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
Megadimension Neptunia VII
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force
Persona 5
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Revelations
Gravity Rush Remastered
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Tales of Berseria

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA nearly qualifies: Its sole patch updates the French text and updates the staff roll.
Project DIVA X is also similar: It has had two patches so far but both only affect VR Mode.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »

Are you sure? It’s the Xbox One version that did it to me.

Positive. It definitely did not act as a voucher for the store as I still have the option to buy the game on the marketplace.

I have the One X so maybe my 16gb download was the One X 4K assets?
Possibly. I don't have an X, just a launch system, so it doesn't deal with any of the 4K stuff.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:35 pm »
I mean, there is a difference between patching bugs and adding content. a lot of games are complete but just get bug fixes and patches.

Or am I missing something here?

I’m not counting those because I’m trying to make a list of what will actually still be playable in the same way years from now when the servers go dark.

Dude, the dreamcast stil has fan servers online, You can play games like phantasy star online on servers with others. If something that small still works I'm not to worried. Not to mention people putting unreleased content online quite allot especially when trying to play games for free. Not to mention All ps4 games at some point will be pirated with all dlc just like retro games today but than probably mainly online.

As far as original goes I'm pretty sure a few guys with to much time on their hand will put content online, pirates will help to keep content available to everyone wich one can download to there consoles way way later on when original servers turn dark. individual dlc files or just the whole dlc package at ones, patches etc. I'm not to worried, I kinda look forward to those moments since you don't need to spend an extra 20 to 80 $ or more to play the full game lol  :P

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:25:54 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!