Author Topic: Is PlayStation VR a good addition to my collection  (Read 1653 times)

lordscott

Is PlayStation VR a good addition to my collection
« on: December 19, 2017, 07:36:56 am »
I don't know if anyone already asked & this question is basically asking is PlayStation VR a good addition to my collection & my other collection of gaming,anime & manga & my import game collection & i admit it looked fun & fun to have in my collection & my other collection of gaming,anime & manga & my import game collection i know it sounded like a dumb question i apologize I'm only asking ahead of time & of course if i choose to & if i choose to get it in my collection & yes this question is basically a in general question about PlayStation VR.

So feel free to share your thoughts & your experiences & be honest thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:43:10 am by lordscott »

Warmsignal

Re: Is PlayStation VR a good addition to my collection
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:18:06 am »
I considered it myself once. But it seems like it just cost too much for what it is.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:23:32 am »
Sure, it's pretty cool. I have not bought one because nothing has come out for it that justifies its massive price tag.

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:45:26 pm »
VR is freaking amazing. I took advantage of a sweet sale (Gran Turismo bundle is $199 atm) and my personal options (loads of points at Gamestop converted into coupons and the fact that I already had a camera which sold back at new for $60) and got my VR headset out the door for $26.55.

I love playing it. Ive been obsessing about playing Until Dawn: Rush of blood. Just finished a round a few minutes ago. The feeling is unlike anything else. When the coaster moves, you really get the impression that you are on it. When you look down from the top of the runway, it seems as you are really there.

Anyone who has a chance to experience the VR should do so.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:53:18 pm »
I'd treat it more like a console and whether you think there are enough interesting games to justify the price.  I personally find there to be almost none, outside of like Resident Evil 7, and even then I can't imagine myself playing the game for 30 hours like I have normally.  It's cool tech, but I'm gonna wait for it to get more tolerable before investing serious money into it.

topspot123

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 10:44:05 pm »
Well, it's just an opinion, but here's mine.  Even though I've always been a fan of technology and 3D, I was apprehensive about buying the PSVR.  But eventually curiosity got the better of me so I got it.  I absolutely LOVE mine.  Even though I only have a few games for it.  Even though many of those games are just 'experiences'.  Even though I only play it a couple of times a month.  Even though it could be written off as a gimmick.  Even though it's the most technically compromised of non-mobile based VR systems.  I. LOVE. IT.

I would love to try the more advanced, room scale options.  But PSVR is still much better than I ever believed was possible.  But that's just me.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 10:00:28 am »
I don't know if anyone already asked & this question is basically asking is PlayStation VR a good addition to my collection & my other collection of gaming,anime & manga & my import game collection & i admit it looked fun & fun to have in my collection & my other collection of gaming,anime & manga & my import game collection i know it sounded like a dumb question i apologize I'm only asking ahead of time & of course if i choose to & if i choose to get it in my collection & yes this question is basically a in general question about PlayStation VR.

So feel free to share your thoughts & your experiences & be honest thanks :)

I'd say wait for a price drop to be honest. It's not really a necessity imo. The VR movement in general doesn't have a whole lot of support yet and is in infancy.  I'd go as far as to call it a fad to be honest until I see more 1st and 3rd party support.

davifus

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 03:35:46 pm »
VR atm is still considered a novelty to me. I have the necessary console/PC to run any VR setup but I'm still waiting for the market to mature a bit more.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 05:13:34 pm »
VR atm is still considered a novelty to me. I have the necessary console/PC to run any VR setup but I'm still waiting for the market to mature a bit more.

true, but just imagine if everyone would think like that. It will never mature that way since no one buys the setup to support it.

That aside

For the OP if it's worth it to you you should just buy it, there are far more expensive hobbies in life a ps4 VR setup is not on of those things far from it allot cheaper than most things.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 09:48:04 am »
I would say if you're really interested in VR and have the deep enough pockets, spring for a Vive or Rift. The technology in those are a generation ahead of PlayStation's solution.

Overall their system isn't bad per say. There's just some compromises they made to better match the consoles preformance, and get that price point down.

The game library is slowly starting to grow.  I think we'll see a lot more games being made and ported to the platform as developers are starting to see how big of a market share PSVR truly has over the VR space.

From a collector's standpoint, it's obvious. Buy everything!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 12:45:42 am »
I'm not jumping yet. But I know some folks that have.

So far no one I personally know that's jumped in has any regrets. That said they all have very different gaming preferences than me for example. Then again I see a ton of PS VRs on Craigslist here in the Bay Area.

See if you can try in in a store or something first. It's a lot more expensive to get into than any other add on peripheral to date.

I'm still waiting to see what direct MS goes in 2018.

Personally, I'm waiting for VR to be completely wireless, 4k, and sustained 60fps. PC is getting damn close.