Author Topic: Help to identify these Black Ops (PS3 EU) releases  (Read 1469 times)

tripredacus

Help to identify these Black Ops (PS3 EU) releases
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:16:57 am »
This has been reported as a dupe, but I do not have the ability to fully research it at the moment, so I am posting a thread in case anyone else has an idea or the time to do some research.

Original entry: Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 [EU]
https://vgcollect.com/item/39154
Cover rating: PEGI 18
spine item number: BLES-01032
EAN: 5030917111549
back: ?? (above EAN), "Not for sale in UK" ?? (text between copyright blocks)
disc: no rating

Other entry created by jjfly
https://vgcollect.com/item/134769
Cover rating: PEGI 18
spine item number: BLES-01031
back: 84004202UK (above EAN), "Not for sale in UK", "Licensed for sale only in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, India and Oceania."
disc: BFFC rating

Now the original entry has a couple of problems:
- the front art has a watermark and will need to be replaced
- the barcode was added by apholyon after the fact

I can confirm that both of these releases exist, but obviously we need to determine what is different between these two so that we can have the titles changed appropriately. Neither of these are the UK version, nor any of the localised EU versions such as France, Italy, Spain. And the one that jjfly created is the one that is sold in say, South Africa (ZA TLD).

I think since jjfly has the one in the newer entry, we need to find someone who has the one in the original entry. Specifically the text between the two copyright paragraphs on the back, which I suspect indicates it is NL version, but I can't find a clear enough picture of the one with that barcode to read it to confirm.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:19:39 am by tripredacus »

apholyon

Re: Help to identify these Black Ops (PS3 EU) releases
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 11:35:11 am »
Hi.
I put the right front cover and the right disc art for the game and the item number.
The bar code is right is the same of my original game.
The item number is BLES-01031

apholyon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 11:46:40 am »
If you need i sent you photos of my original game the cover and disc.

totallycrushed

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 01:09:58 pm »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:47:26 pm by totallycrushed »

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 04:26:37 pm »
Hi.
I put the right front cover and the right disc art for the game and the item number.
The bar code is right is the same of my original game.
The item number is BLES-01031

Excuse me but can you confirm that the barcode "5030917111549" is for an original version because the only picture i could find was for a Platinum version :

The picture was found on this site and there is a watermark just on the barcode but we can still confirm the numbers.

It's pretty rare but two different release can have the same barcode (just look at the two release of GTA 3 i own on PS2 if you want an example), so the two version with the same barcode can exist.

[Edit] I was the one to add the item number but the data i've added was from Gamefaqs so it's maybe not the right item number for that variant (the item number field was empty before that).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:40:42 pm by metshael »

apholyon

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:32:52 pm »
Please go to my photo gallery there is the photo of the original game with the barcode. And a photo of the cd too.

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 11:32:17 am »
Original entry changed to [NL]
new entry name unchanged. Descriptions changed for both.