Author Topic: have you ever bought a game that was so bad that you taken it back to the store  (Read 1952 times)

htimreimer

have you ever bought a game that was so bad that you taken it back to the store for a refund

for me yes it was Petz: Catz 2 for wii thanks ubisoft for crapping on the ones great series

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office bust I only paid 3 dollars for it too.

desocietas

I never sell back games, but I bought Touch Detective and sold it back after finishing it (only took about 2 or 3 days).  It wasn't *terrible*, but it was just such an awkward game that I wasn't really interested in keeping it in my collection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kirbysuperstar

I keep all the games I hate (Hyperdimension Neptunia and Resistance 2 come to mind) as a lesson to myself.

tpugmire

When I was a kid, my dad took me to the toy store that my mom worked at to buy a NES game because I got good grades.  I picked out Rygar for some reason.  We went home and I was so upset that the game sucked, that the next day my mom took it back to her work, claiming it was broken. She picked out Castlevania for me and I loved it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

Doom for the 3DO. That version was a big pile of disappointment. The framerate was horrible, making it impossible to hit any enemies unless you were right in their face. The worst part was that I had been waiting months for it to come out so I would have something super sweet and violent to play on my 3do.  I had it for about 2 hrs before I took it back to Funcoland.

soera

I picked out Rygar for some reason.  We went home and I was so upset that the game sucked.

VETO! Rygar is awesome. When I finally got my Retro Duo home and got it hooked up so I could play a game, Rygar was the first game I put in cause I missed it. I played that thing all night til I beat it. :)

jobocan

I thought there wasn't anything, but then I remember one game that I returned back on the SNES. Frantic Flea... a game that my parents and I could NOT figure out how to play.

Thankfully the Wal-Mart employees were nice and let us trade it even though they weren't supposed to, and we got Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the Game Boy instead... best trade ever.

I also took back Super Mario 64, but that's because my cartridge was glitched and wouldn't save... sadly, at the time, Super Mario 64 was so popular that I couldn't get another copy of that, so I got Bomberman 64 instead... Not as good, but I had fun with it as a kid.

ffxik

Not because it was bad, but my parents took me to Wal-Mart to pick out a game.  I picked up Yoshi's Safari.  As a kid I didn't realize that you needed the Super Scope to play it.  So it went back same day.

scott

The only time I've ever taken anything back was because it was .hack//Outbreak and I forgot I already had it. Because back then I didn't have vgcollect to track my games while in the field!  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

I tried to take back Midtown Madness for the Xbox but I couldn't sweet talk them into letting me trade it. I ended up doing a trade for another game online instead.

I forget what it's called, but some Motor RC game for the n64. It was shortly after the system's launch, and my friend and I were so hyped about the game. 10 minutes after playing it we were conjuring ways to return the game.

That was a crap game ...

Anyone ever return a rental cuz it was so bad?
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

darko

I took back a system if that counts. The Game Gear. I already had a Game Boy and quite a few games for it. I got the Game Gear home, played it for a day, and took it back.

amauriel

The only game I can remember being completely disappointed in enough to try to take back was Tetris for the NES.

We had rented the Tengen version, then my mother went out and purchased Tetris...not knowing that the Nintendo version was different and did not have head-to-head.  We looked at every store we went into for the Tengen version, but it was gone by that time.

Eventually, we just settled and kept the copy we had gotten, learning to play back and forth and making our own little "high scores" notebook.

I still don't have Tengen Tetris in my collection, now that I think about it...
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

psydswipe

I actually did do this when I was a kid. Although I've been disappointed many times, the only game I ever returned for being crap was Joe Montana's NFL Football for the Sega CD.