Author Topic: What Games Did You End Up Selling  (Read 974 times)

What Games Did You End Up Selling
« on: March 01, 2018, 11:26:47 pm »
Some people like to buy video games (new) at full price. and then sell them for more, or sometimes less, then what they are worth.

Sometimes we had duplicates just wasting shelf space, sometimes we get sick of some games or never like them.

I regret selling my teenage games because most every single game I ever sold now goes for high price now.

though I never sold a broken game. but I did desperately sell my entire used N64 collection for $20 to a man who didn't really want it, the games were in great shape but the console needed cleaning badly and didn't boot the game most the time.

I convinced the truth to the man that the 4 barely used Nintendo brand controllers together that I was selling with it him were worth same or more then the console itself. the console worked but I didn't tell him that it was vary hard to boot up, I also sold this man a whole lot of games but he complained that they were mostly sports games :-[

Question: Would you be mad if you were the guy?

1: I sold a you whole bunch of easy to find sports games and some others
2: I  sold you 4 great shape working Nintendo brand N64 controllers
3: I sold you a console that was vary hard to get running
4: but you bought it  and everything was for $20 even though the console had trouble more then normal starting the games (possibly because it was dirty and I never bothered to clean it :(
5: buying it thinking it was a peace of cake to work or got it for his kids :-[

I spent the $20 on food items for my apartment at that time
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:35:31 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Games Did You End Up Selling
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:04:51 am »
I kept some of what was important game wise for me as a kid, I still have my boxed copies of both N64 Zelda's and my Arctic Blue N64 (missing the controller for some reason, not sure what happened to it through some of the moves).  Wish I had kept my original NES stuff.  Felt bad later on after selling it as I wasn't thinking about reasons for keeping it or collecting as much back in my late teens/early 20's. 

One good deal I got and made years ago, that I still wish I had kept nowadays, were I went to a local pawn shop back in my hometown, and found he had boxed SNES copies of Mega Man X, Super Metroid, and Final Fantasy 3(6).  Primo box conditions and this was before I was much of a game collector.  They were stuff he hadn't fully checked out I think and were behind the counter that I assume he got cheap from someone.  20 bucks a piece, and even then I knew they were a good deal.  I went and sold them on ebay for like...80 bucks a piece, I think one or two of them even more.  Which was a pretty penny for them back in the...early 00's, probably sometime around 2003 to 5'ish.  Nowadays they are easily twice that and abit more, but making 4 times what I paid on them was an incredible deal at the time.  I mostly wished I had kept them for collecting purposes, because I remember those boxes were pretty dang crisp.

telly

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:41:01 am »
I usually don't have a problem selling games that I'm no longer interested in or didn't like. Haven't felt any remorse with any of them... yet :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:34:40 am »
If the guy knew enough to complain about it being mostly sports games, he knew enough to know the value he was getting was worth his $20 as long as most of the stuff worked.

When & where was this, anyway? I'm curious becuase I bought an N64 from a local thrift shop a couple years ago that was finicky & took a lot of cleaning to get to boot reliably. No controllers or cables, but it had a ram cart, and the only games in the store were Mischief Makers & some sports titles. Maybe your guy sold the controllers for a profit & donated the rest?

I did once buy a non-functional copy of Halo at a yard sale from a teen- that one made me a little mad, becuase his brother had been surprised he was selling the game. I didn't think much of it until I gave the game to my fiancé & we discovered it didn't play. He must have known. Sucks for him though- we keep scratch repair fluid around & got it working. He could've gotten twice what I paid for it if he'd bothered to learn about repair & maintenance.

Anyway, games I've sold- I pawned & gave away almost all of my licensed/sports titles, becuase I didn't play them. Most of them were picked up in lots given to me by friends/relatives upon getting rid of systems. I sold Lode Runner & Alundra 2 on PS1 becuase I ended up really not liking them. I sold Fighting Force for being too easy- beaten in 2 play sessions, with the first one interrupted by a lightning storm. I've sold off a handful of random doubles from upgrading to boxed copies. Most recently I picked up an extra HERO for Atari 2600 & flipped it for enough to pay for the other Atari games I bought at the time. I don't know what was better- my fiancé thinking I was crazy for putting a $40 buy-it-now on an Atari game, or the shock from him realizing it was the cheapest copy of the game at the time. It sold about an hour later.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 05:04:26 pm »
I can remember selling The Legend of Zelda Collectors Disc and The Master Quest on the Gamecube.

After a week or so I was missing those games bad.

Recently purchased them and got both back into my collection, never again will I part with stuff I love.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 06:45:15 pm »
My younger brother and myself went into Game Stop back in the day, we really wanted Mario Kart Double Dash so we were going to trade in our collection to get enough to buy it which at the time was: Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tony Hawk's Underground and The Hobbit. For all of that they offered 13 dollars. Mario Kart Double Dash was 50 bucks, so we decided not to trade them in. We did a ton of chores and my Mom and Dad bought it for us three weekends later. Since then I've only ever sold a handful of games, and I can't even really remember which.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 06:53:00 pm »
My younger brother and myself went into Game Stop back in the day, we really wanted Mario Kart Double Dash so we were going to trade in our collection to get enough to buy it which at the time was: Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tony Hawk's Underground and The Hobbit. For all of that they offered 13 dollars. Mario Kart Double Dash was 50 bucks, so we decided not to trade them in. We did a ton of chores and my Mom and Dad bought it for us three weekends later. Since then I've only ever sold a handful of games, and I can't even really remember which.

That's a classic GameStop story right there haha. Crazy thinking they could take that little for Melee alone.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 07:15:37 pm »
I have given many games away, but the only ones I remember selling in my whole life were GTA V for the PS4 (the dated controls of the GTA series bother me to the point of taking away most of the enjoyment I could've playing these games) and The Last of Us also for PS4 (which everybody seems to love but, in the end, I felt to be average at best).

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »

though I never sold a broken game. but I did desperately sell my entire used N64 collection for $20 to a man who didn't really want it, the games were in great shape but the console needed cleaning badly and didn't boot the game most the time.

If the guy knew enough to complain about it being mostly sports games, he knew enough to know the value he was getting was worth his $20 as long as most of the stuff worked.

When & where was this, anyway? I'm curious because I bought an N64 from a local thrift shop a couple years ago that was finicky & took a lot of cleaning to get to boot reliably.

I sold this man the N64 just outside a resale shop, the shop would't take it, everything worked but the N64 console itself was vary hard to read games. I originally bought that Nintendo 64 for $20 at gamestop and each controller cost me $10. years earlier at the same place

Gamestop used to make some of their own games by mixing their own cartridges. sometimes they put the wrong insides into what looked like vary good shape N64 cartridges. they are also responsible for selling rotted PS3 games nowadays.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"