Author Topic: Suggestion for viewing categories of a collection  (Read 970 times)

pizzasafari

Suggestion for viewing categories of a collection
« on: March 16, 2018, 08:00:57 pm »
Hello there VGCollect overlords,

Just a quick suggestion, at the moment when choosing a category of our collection to view we can only view games we have for a console by region, or a specific category of swag etc. So like, if I want to look at just my or someone else's PS4 games, I have to look at their EU, US and JP games separately and there's no way of viewing them all together, or if I/they have their swag included in their collection we have to view soundtracks, figures, etc separately, and aren't able to see them all together.

It'd be a small change but a helpful one, do you think it could be implemented so we can view all regions of a console or all types of swag together?

I feel like I've phrased this abysmally but hopefully y'all get what I mean.

Edit: To clarify I mean implemented as an option alongside viewing them separately, rather than replacing the current system with one where they're lumped together.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 05:21:11 pm by pizzasafari »

Re: Suggestion for viewing categories of a collection
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 12:33:36 am »
I would like to see this function too 8)

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 01:05:35 pm »
Personally I find them regions for games seperately to be very handy

Would be kinda messy to stick all them games together. If it were to be implemented it should only be optional.

I for example collect only european games however I also collect games for other regions if they are exclusives and not sold/made in europe

If I would for example take my nintendo DS, megadrive ps1 or ps2 collection It's allot more organized when the games are listed seperately for the repsective region since I would only look at the other regions to search for the exclusives that were only released there.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pizzasafari

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 05:19:43 pm »
Would be kinda messy to stick all them games together. If it were to be implemented it should only be optional.

Aye, that's the idea. Either an option alongside the others or maybe you click the *name* of the platform to get the whole shebang and the dropdown ">" to bring up the dropdown menu or something along those lines.