Author Topic: Nickelodeon Remaking Old Games  (Read 1835 times)

Nickelodeon Remaking Old Games
« on: March 22, 2018, 08:56:14 am »
     Did you all hear that Nickelodeon signed a deal with THQ Nordic to remake their older games? Here's the full article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/classic-nickelodeon-games-are-returning-thanks-to-thq-nordic/ar-BBKwitX

What Nickelodeon games would you like to see remade? I'd love to see a collection released for the SNES-era games like Spunky's Dangerous Day and Ren and Stimpy. Kinda like Disney Afternoon Collection. Or maybe they can remake them completely like DuckTales Remastered. Do you think we get a Nintendo Switch release for these games? I really want to see games like Battle for Bikini Bottom remade. Something that confuses me about this article though, is that the article acts like the shows listed will have their own individual game. However, shows like Catscratch and Teenage Robot never got their own game, but were included in the Nicktoons series of games.

hexen

Re: Nickelodeon Remaking Old Games
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 09:42:59 am »
It doesn't seem like they know if they will be re-made or re-released. Either way, I'm not too excited... Disney may have had a slew of good games on the NES thanks to Capcom, but the Nick era was after good licensed games where more common. That's not to say there aren't a few good ones, but they are heavily outweighed by the mediocre. If they make something akin to the Rare Replay package, that has like all the games, it might start to get some value... but even then, I dunno.

I would be way more interested if they where making a crossover game they put actual AAA effort into that encompassed all of Nick's lifetime, but that is a pipe dream for multiple reasons.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 10:29:37 am »
I cant recall any great Nick games.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 10:58:14 am »

I can't even think of any good ones.

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 12:49:58 pm »
nickelodeon made any non-shovelware games?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:03:45 pm »
Battle for Bikini Bottom is a great game. Funnily enough that's what's on the front page of this article.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 08:23:39 am »
Agreed, they may not be great games. I actually personally enjoyed a few of them though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 01:45:27 pm »
I remember Ahhh! Real Monsters having a sort of Lost Vikings vibe to it, where you controlled more than one character and each one had a unique ability. You had to use them together to get through a level.

It was fun. But it wasn't implemented as well as Lost Vikings.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 11:54:17 pm »

I can't even think of any good ones.

Ren and Stimpy Veediots and Ren and Stimpy's invention would like to have a word with you guys lol   ;D

Spongebob's boating bash and battle for bikini bottom are also good but that could just be my love for Spongebob but I do know the two ren and stimpy games, especially veediots are generally considered good :)

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
Spongebob battle for bikini bottom was honestly pretty amazing, I'm not sure how that even happened. The movie game was pretty good too. Maybe it's just a weird niche i'm into, but I like seeing the spongebob platformers being acknowledged again, lol

shfan

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 06:24:14 pm »
I've enjoyed SpongeBob games for a few years now and actively collect them, picked up a few DS ones recently. They're perfectly good for the style of game most of the time.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 01:44:29 pm »
I'd like to see a Spongebob bundle. I like B4BB and Revenge of the Flying Dutchman. Heard good things about the movie game as well.