Author Topic: How Is Your Collection Arranged  (Read 2474 times)

How Is Your Collection Arranged
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:35:38 pm »
Do you have your games arranged or mixed up?, by genre or type, or some kind of special way? :)

For myself I have a box with a drawer filled with shooting games mostly FPS games another box with Miscellaneous games.

A shelf of golf games and another small shelf of Genesis and Super Nintendo games, and another shelf for compilations and arcade conversions
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

aliensstudios

Re: How Is Your Collection Arranged
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 09:44:36 pm »
Mine is arranged by console release date, all games are alphabetical so it goes and then by region. I don't have regions mixed up, it just bugs me too much  to do it that way.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 10:05:01 pm »
Mine is arranged by console release date, all games are alphabetical so it goes and then by region. I don't have regions mixed up, it just bugs me too much  to do it that way.
Same

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 10:29:42 pm »
The house I live in unfortunately has small rooms and given I only have a few of them my game room is all crammed into one which requires that I be very resourceful on displaying as much of my collection as possible despite this. I two large Atlantic brand shelves, one of which is mostly PS2 and my Gamecube collection while the other large one is a combo of various console games on it. I have a slightly smaller shelf with mostly PS3, PS4 and PSP games on it. And then I have three small Atlantic shelves that have some of my more manageable collections that I'm more or less done collecting for so I don't have to worry about expanding to a larger shelf. My Dreamcast, Saturn, DS and N64 collections are on the smaller shelves respectively.

The inspiration for my gameroom layout was from the collection vids done by Mike on the Youtube channel Charge Back Forward; his collection and gameroom are still my favorite. I hope someday to have a larger space where I can do what I've always really wanted to do with my game room which is have it more organized and also work on expanding it again as well.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 11:31:46 pm »
I arrange them by system and then in alphabetical order.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:45:26 pm »
My collection is arranged by console on media shelves and my amiibos are placed on shelves on my walls and on a amiibo display that looks like the end level of super mario 1.  All and all I don't organize them much outside of that like by color or alphabetically or anyhting. I have them just placed in whatever order I bought them and put them there.  I have console boxes stacked up like jenga in the corners and some collectors editions boxes too :)

All and all my room is getting cluttered as time goes but it's semi neat for how much is confined in once space, but this summer my collection plans on making the grand voyage to my attic where I plan on building a huge man cave, tree house type vibe :D.  With flooring, lighting, outlets fans and the such.  I calculated it will cost me about 500 dollars at least to make the attic comfortable to inhabit and safe and climate controlled for video games but it will be so worth it to expand my collecting capabilities and make my room more roomy.  :D.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 11:49:07 pm »
Like most of the other responses:

I group the games together by system (in no particular order of systems), and then alphabetically within each system.

My DVD-style games, cartridge boxes, and most of my cartridge games are on bookshelves. My CD-style games are in those tower CD holders. And my Genesis and Master System cartridges are in tower cassette tape holders.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:22:38 am by burningdoom »

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 12:14:17 am »
I group them by system and then alphabetically. Ordering it any other way sounds incredibly daunting.

Though I do keep games of of other regions and platinum/best sellers/etc editions separately because it looks ugly otherwise. So I'll have black label PAL games, then US games, then JP games, then platinums. Normally. The order differs. In fact it's only really my PS1 games' platinums I keep on my shelves at all, the others are just crammed away somewhere. Ew. But yeah.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 02:03:45 am »
I Organize my games by console then alphabetically. I have no Japanese or euro games as of yet, still a noobie collector XP

also (at least for my disc based consoles) I have them categorized by console manufacturer (ex. Microsoft then Nintendo then Sony).

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 08:40:14 am »
I use shelves to store my collection. I order through systems, then in alphabetical order. For more expansive collections, I often have lettered boxes to help my go through each one alpahebtically

Flashback2012

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 09:38:52 am »
In tubs and boxes.  ;)

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 10:21:31 am »
Having to keep my collection in my bedroom means space is always at a premium, but there is some method to the madness. My entertainment center consists of a large, 2 sided Besta shelf from Ikea, and a heavily-modified Journalist unit (also from Ikea, long since discontinued.) Against one side of the besta unit is a very small media shelf (something like 15" wide by 3 feet tall). This is the portable games area- DS titles of all kinds are on the mini shelf, plus Game Gear games & Vita games split between the top shelf & the top of the unit. Above that is a set of hanging baskets from Daiso holding PSP games. On the top corner of the Besta unit, as well as one shelf, are cartridge-based and boxed portable games, along with a bunch of extra Game boys and accessories. The upper half of the besta unit is pre-crash systems and games, as well as my Sega Saturn games. Crossing over to the Journalist cabinet, you have the rest of my CD-based games. This is all in a general inverted L shape game-wise... for the most part, going left to upper right, then down, the games go from older to newer. My post-crash consoles are on the Journalist shelving, all hooked up & ready to play.

Across the room at the foot of my bed is post-crash cartridges. There's a wire media rack holding boxed carts, and a 3-tier rolling drawer unit with loose carts & the cables/controllers for the pre-crash systems. The rolling drawer doubles as an extra shelf to set up the pre-crash systems on when I want to play one. All my other controllers are in a modular drawer unit in the closet. Large specialty controllers are in the front of the cabinet above the closet. Finally, portable systems are stored under the table my stereo is on.

To maximize space, rather than store my games in library rows, most of my collection is stored in front-to-back rows in drawers and decorative boxes. This lets me use deeper shelving to hold more titles in the same amount of wall space while keeping things in relative order. Games are sorted by console, then alphabetized with imports mixed in appropriately- I own very few imports, so it makes more sense to just keep them in place right now.

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »
I used to have all the games I have displayed sorted alphabetically with no regard to what game belonged to what system. Now I they're sorted by system, then alphabetically. I don't separate Greatest Hits, Player's Choice ,etc from the rest of the games. No space and I don't think it's necessary :)
I keep my SNES/SFC games in boxes because displaying them on a shelf would take space I don't have.

azure

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 02:43:04 pm »
Alphabetically, by system. Separating between Nintendo and PlayStation respectively.

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2018, 04:24:23 pm »
All console games seperately seperate regions and ofcourse by genre and sometimes series.

Shoot em ups beat em ups rpg's you name it. In alphabetical order does not make much sense to me looks pretty horrible in my opinion allot of series and genre's that should be together when your looking for them will be messed up randomly if your going the alphabet route.
Your Stylish Sword Master!