Author Topic: E3 Rumor/Leak Discussion  (Read 2757 times)

E3 Rumor/Leak Discussion
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:23:45 pm »
Less than a month till E3 and the rumors and leaks are flying out.  To anyone diving into this, if you want to go as spoiler free as possible into E3, best to avoid this thread.

The current big one that seems to have some slight support to it is that Retro Studios secret project is Star Fox: Grand Prix.  An F-Zero meets Diddy Kong Racing experience.  Basically the adventure racing game I've been wanting since the original DKR.  This actually has me excited for Star Fox for once if its true.

Something less exciting, but was basically confirmed due to the Rage 2 reveal, were and assortment of games leaked on Walmart Canada with placeholders.  Some of that we already knew were coming, but it means we'll see stuff at E3.

Just Cause 4
Splinter Cell
Dragon Quest 2 (PS4/XBO)
LEGO DC Villans
Borderlands 3
Rage 2
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizons 5
Assassin's Creed

desocietas

Re: E3 Rumor/Leak Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 05:43:31 pm »
With Square confirming that KH3 will be coming out in 2018, I assume they'll have something to show for that...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 05:45:36 pm »
There's a really bad Rage 2 ad that just came out.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:02:54 pm »
There's a really bad Rage 2 ad that just came out.

Yeah it wasn't much of a reveal, it was just a random teaser with no gameplay.  About the only thing I got from it is they are maybe gonna make the color scheme not grey and brown like the first game.

soera

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 06:30:04 pm »
As far as the DQ portion, its sketchy as hell. DQ 2 could actually mean Builders 2. But chances of it being on Xbox are pretty slim. Id expect it more on Switch and PS4.

hexen

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:33:18 pm »
Mehhhhhh... that StarFox game might be interesting, but everything else on the list might as well be Call of Assassin's Duty XXIVX for how much it interests me.

I hope there are some decent surprises because outside of a couple KickStarter games there is nothing from the mainstream I have been looking forwards to all year...
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 01:03:38 am »
It is in no way a confirmation that anything will be announced at E3 for it, but I've seen videos and articles about some french website that deals in video game merchandise having two new UPC for Elder Scroll 6 posters. This could be a place holder for something well, well down the rode, but we can all hope it is something that will happen much sooner. I think everyone expects Bethesda to eventually announce ES6, but the question is really when. If they so much as just did a teaser trailer with some narrator, some epic musical score and the title logo for the game, I'd pass out in excitement.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 02:53:43 am »
It is in no way a confirmation that anything will be announced at E3 for it, but I've seen videos and articles about some french website that deals in video game merchandise having two new UPC for Elder Scroll 6 posters. This could be a place holder for something well, well down the rode, but we can all hope it is something that will happen much sooner. I think everyone expects Bethesda to eventually announce ES6, but the question is really when. If they so much as just did a teaser trailer with some narrator, some epic musical score and the title logo for the game, I'd pass out in excitement.

I'm not super interested in a new Elder Scrolls, just a new fantasy game to me, which is cool, but I am interested to see the engine they'll have under the hood. Whatever they are likely to do for ES6, they are gonna do for the next Fallout and if Fallout 4 is any example, the games need a big overhaul.  This also keeps expectations low for me, so if they do anything to wow me, I'll be thoroughly floored lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 12:45:13 pm »
After the easy crafting/cooking in BotW, I'm really hoping the new rumored Elder Scrolls game simplifies that part a bit. What's funny, is that even though the process was simplified, it was still a lot more fun gathering ingredients and such in BotW, too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:33:57 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 02:08:31 pm »
Lmao I'm still laughing at "forza horizons 5"

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 02:48:16 pm »
Lmao I'm still laughing at "forza horizons 5"

Yeah one or two were clearly written up wrong, which made people question it pretty quickly until Rage 2 was confirmed lol

To add to the list that isn't technically E3 now, but there's a rumor that Pokemon Switch will be announced this month before E3.  It makes a lot of sense as Game Freaks likes to do their own thing with Pokemon, and this way, they can make it however long they like and then maybe just release a few extra details at E3.  That way Nintendo can focus on other things like Smash Bros.  Ultra Sun & Moon was revealed like this right before E3 too.

A connected rumor to this is that it's kinda like a Yellow remake, set in the Kanto region, with Pikachu and Evee versions, and takes ideas and has connection with Pokemon Go.  This is where the information gets more sketchy, but a lot of folks at least believe the pre-E3 release part.

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15:46 pm »
I think the Walmart leak (typos aside); has legs. We've already seen it with RAGE 2.

I also think this Pokemon Yellow remake/sequel for Switch is also real.

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:42 pm »
Todd Howard suggested previously that ES6 won't be their next game.

Rumors that they will finally announce their space RPG this E3.

The name escapes me; but I'm sure most can recall they registered some trademarks a couple years back.

Might be good timing; Mass Effect: Andromeda was a disappointment; and many are desperate for their space fix.

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 12:25:05 pm »

The name escapes me; but I'm sure most can recall they registered some trademarks a couple years back.

Might be good timing; Mass Effect: Andromeda was a disappointment; and many are desperate for their space fix.
I think it is called Starfield

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:14 pm »

I think it is called Starfield
Yeah that's it.

Hopefully it's the case. Be cool to see what they do with a space setting.

Elder Scrolls 6 will be 2020 or 2021 for me; perhaps a last hurrah for the current gen or maybe a launch window game for the next gen.