Author Topic: How much are you spending on video games every year?  (Read 2427 times)

Re: How much are you spending on video games every year?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 12:50:54 am »
Alot lower than it used to be so I cant say how much now. I will say that a few years back I was taking advantage of credit cards I took out that helped my craving which I am paying back for it now.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 03:53:43 am »
I don't keep track. My paychecks move as possible:

1- savings (always pay yourself!)
2- Bills
3- Needs (food, clothes, etc.)
4- Wants. This is where games come in.

By the time I'm buying games, all the important stuff is paid for. Any money being spent on games is not money that needed to go anywhere else- so, I don't think it's really worth tracking.
I follow similar philosophy however I have a mortgage that allows me to pay something in addition to the minimum repayment at any time so I have to balance ‘paying down debt’ against savings, needs and wants. Paying off the mortgage sometimes means more to me than anything after bills are taken care of.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 03:59:34 am »
Alot lower than it used to be so I cant say how much now. I will say that a few years back I was taking advantage of credit cards I took out that helped my craving which I am paying back for it now.
You have credit card debt from buying video games? That’s the saddest thing I ever heard.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 04:16:19 am »
You have credit card debt from buying video games? That’s the saddest thing I ever heard.

To be fair you could indeed use it to your advantage There is time limit in wich you can borrow money wich results in zero % extra costs or in other words a free loan with zero interest.

It's usually a month before extra interest will increase the total price that has been borrowed.

If money comes in thanks to salary etc you will have no extra costs in interest since you paid it back in time, for investing in certain things, loans you could abuse this system to increase your money by quite allot wich is available to you, would only recommend it if your sure you can get the money and more in that 1 months time otherwise the interest will be quite allot.

Usually the credit card company wins since it is trick to lure people in wich they cannot pay it back in time but there are people who take advantage of this and actually make more money thanks to it.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Agozer

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 06:26:28 am »
Somewhere around $100 a month or less. I don't that much income at all, and basic living carves out quite a bit.

kashell

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 08:13:31 am »
I don't keep track.

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 08:51:57 am »
I don't keep track.
What you don't know can't hurt you.

kashell

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 09:12:33 am »
I don't keep track.
What you don't know can't hurt you.

My original answer was going to be, "As much as I can."

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 09:16:50 am »
I don't keep track. My paychecks move as possible:

1- savings (always pay yourself!)
2- Bills
3- Needs (food, clothes, etc.)
4- Wants. This is where games come in.

By the time I'm buying games, all the important stuff is paid for. Any money being spent on games is not money that needed to go anywhere else- so, I don't think it's really worth tracking.
I follow similar philosophy however I have a mortgage that allows me to pay something in addition to the minimum repayment at any time so I have to balance ‘paying down debt’ against savings, needs and wants. Paying off the mortgage sometimes means more to me than anything after bills are taken care of.

Oh, very true- at the moment, I have no mortgage and no other outstanding debts of any kind- if I did, it would definitely change the function of that "leftover" money quite a bit!

rayne315

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 09:31:37 am »
a year or two ago I was spending ~8000 a year on games. I have more money to spend now but have almost exhausted the rare games I am capable of actually finding in the wild so this year im on track for $2000

EDIT:

I realized im actually not factoring in new games... so probably $10,000 a few years ago and $3000 this year.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 08:02:24 pm »
Geez most said $1000 or more, I buy games where it is cheap, of course I only buy used games and I don't own any new 8th or 9th generation console at the moment. Bet most of you don't have time to actually play the games since most of you seem to work all the time.  I am afraid to tell you how much I spend on games because for me it's personal
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 01:06:45 am »

While all of it was used on gaming, there was good portion and while not the smartest move, what can you do.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 09:11:09 am »
As much as I damn well want!  Which comes out to around $100 a month.
It’d probably be more, but there’s just not a whole lot of stuff that I want to buy.