Author Topic: Are you satisfied with your game collection?  (Read 2257 times)

Are you satisfied with your game collection?
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:12:50 pm »
Some of you dudes own 2,000+ titles.

Re: Are you satisfied with your game collection?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 05:59:39 pm »
I own over 1000 games but I am still not satisfied with my collection to be honest. Collecting video games becomes a habit for me.  I want a bigger collection.  But I am not ever sure of what I want to play.

It't hard getting into a new game for me.

However I own vary few repeats and I don't understand why some people collect different color console and controllers beyond what most collectors use. It's nice to have a spare but I never understood why some people own beyond 4 controllers or remote just because it is a different color or edition.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:19:41 pm »
Yes but I still like getting more but mostly just retro stuff because im buying to play and collect if its this generation stuff im only buying to play cause I'll more than likely be dead before it's worth anything.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:57:25 pm »
If I had to never buy a game again, I'd be content with what I own, but I'm always finding games I don't own that I think I'd enjoy.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 09:29:08 pm »
Very much so, and I mean that even after downsizing substantially over the past year. With a few minor exceptions I've missed nothing I've sold off and what I do still have is more than enough to keep me occupied and happy. I've also known what it's like to own very rare and very expensive games, and they really didn't make me any happier to own them.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »
I'm very satisfied with my collection.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:44 pm »
Yeah, mostly.

I'll always keep an eye for more, but I've got more than enough to keep me playing for years, across a good number of consoles, handhelds, and generations.

topspot123

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »
If I had to never buy a game again, I'd be content with what I own, but I'm always finding games I don't own that I think I'd enjoy.

I agree with this.  The only thing not satisfying is no longer having adequate time to fully enjoy what I play.  I have little spare time and sometimes as I play one game I feel the need to rush through to get to the next one. 

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:02:46 am »
Compared to last year when I started being more serious about gaming, i'm definitely satisfied with what I have. I used to have around 150-200 games with a lot from my childhood (also having all the Sims 1 to 3 + all the console games helped boost the number a lot lol) and now i'm around 400-50 physical games. I do want more obviously but I also buy a lot of games digitally (if it's cheaper lol) and I also only buy games I want to play.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 12:05:32 am »
there's probably 1000+ more games I'd like to have in my collection, but I'm fairly content with it.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 12:45:18 am »
I've had a significant downsize since last year and as it stand, I am satisfied. Thats not to say that there arent a select few I would like to have but I am not going out of my way like I used to.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 04:41:42 pm »
There are a select few games that I still really want but even if I would add zero games in the future to the collection It's not a big deal except for the new mario 3d, mario kart and smash bros games.

I'm very pleased with the current collection it has become allot better than I expected it to be. I have my nostalgic games and pretty much all my personal must haves that i really wanted with allot of interesting more niche titles for some more variety I'm not going to miss much personally gameplay wise.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:02:23 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 05:02:04 pm »
There are a select few games that I still really want
Which are?

sworddude

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 05:08:13 pm »
There are a select few games that I still really want
Which are?

Nothing to special It's pretty hyped so it's not really unknown to others.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

soera

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 12:09:08 pm »
Once my PS4 collection is complete, so am I.