Author Topic: E3 2018: Microsoft  (Read 1740 times)

E3 2018: Microsoft
« on: June 09, 2018, 06:01:48 pm »
Well the EA event was kind of big 'ole dud, and while I'm not expecting greatness from Microsoft, it should still generally be better.  We should get more info on the next Ori game, there's rumor of a new Halo, and there will likely be some stalwart Microsoft franchises like Gears of War and Forza.  Crackdown 3 was confirmed to be delayed till next year, but it will likely get more footage shown because they kinda need to make people care about it.

I think Microsoft needs some really big surprises.  I'm still hopeful for a return of a classic Rare property.  Banjo-Kazooie or Battletoads maybe.

The Microsoft event starts at 4pm EST on Sunday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-Halo Infinite Announced.
-Ori and the Will of the Wisps for 2019.
-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, a new FromSoftware multi-platform release.
-Fallout 76 shown to be much bigger than Fallout 4.
-The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit. Free on June 26th.
-Crackdown 3 releases February 29th.
-Nier Automata: Become As Gods edition announced for Xbox One, releases June 26th.
-Metro Exodus releases February 22nd.
-Kingdom Hearts 3 releases January 29th. Frozen World announced.
-New Sea of Thieves content updates coming in July and September.
-Forza Horizon 4 releases October 2nd.
-We Happy Few releases August 10th.
-Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition releases Winter 2018.
-The Division 2 release March 15th.
-Shadow of the Tomb Raider releases September 4th.
-Session, a new skateboarding game.
-Devil Mary Cry 5 announced for 2019.
-Cuphead DLC.  New bosses, area, character, and weapons.
-Jump Force, an anime crossover, 3D arena fighter announced for 2019.
-Dying Light 2 announced.
-New 2.5D Battletoads game out 2019.
-Just Cause 4th releases on December 4th.
-Gears Pop, mobile game.
-Gears Tactics.  Turn Based Strategy Game.
-Gears of War 5 for 2019.
-Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:55:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: E3 2018: Microsoft
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 09:16:00 pm »
Another thing I'm hoping for at the MS conference is Project CD Reds cyber punk inspired RPG to make its debut. I can see it happening either at the MS conference or the PC gaming show, although I think the former is more likely since the PC show is mostly just for hardware.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 11:48:02 pm »
Apparently they have 15 world premieres planned and Geoff Keighley said "Xbox does have quite a few new game announces tomorrow on stage.  Good first and third party news from what I’m hearing, some good surprises if everything holds."

Good chance Microsoft might be trying to really go big this year and they need to.  Sony has been crushing them and Nintendo is riding high with the Switch and with Xbox having very few big games announced, they need a lot of eyes on them.

azure

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:30:17 am »
Hope they are at least trying to kick it in gear. After the Scalebound cancellation, hard-pressed to find a reason to buy an Xbone right now.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 09:07:00 am »
I doubt they’ll have anything too exciting. They’ll be saving their money for next gen games with this one coming to a close.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 10:09:18 am »
Seems wildly unnecessary to create a topic for each conference.

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 02:29:07 pm »
Seems wildly unnecessary to create a topic for each conference.

I personally see nothing wrong with it since it helps keep any discussion more organized.  I mean if the powers that be think it's excessive to have 9 threads posted for this from now till Tuesday, I can make just a jumbo thread, just figured it would be easier this year to separate it all.

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 04:03:24 pm »
Halo Infinite announced.

Ori 2 releases 2019.

Holy crap, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, FromSoftware's new "Dark Souls-esque" game.  Looks ridiculous.

Fallout 76, map is 4 times the size, no release date, so probably at the Bethesda show.  Game looks like a standard Fallout game, as the rumors said it was gonna possibly be an online experience.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.  Free on June 26th.

Crackdown 3 February 29th.

Nier Automata port June 26th.

Metro Exodus February 22nd.

Kingdom Hearts 3 January 29th (This was revealed yesterday, but first at the show)

New Sea of Thieves content coming July and September.

Forza Horizon 4.  It's apparently an open world setting, like The Crew.  Areas change with the seasons, like lakes freezing over.  Out October 2nd.

Undead Labs owned by Microsoft now.  Maybe they can make a better State of Decay game now lol Ninja Theory is another they brought into the fold.

We Happy Few August 10th.

Snow map confirmed for PUBG later this year.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.  Winter 2018.

The Division 2 stuff.

Indie Showcase.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider.  September 14th.

Session.  New skateboarding game.

Devil May Cry 5.  That looked so ridiculous.

Cuphead DLC.  New character, area, weapons, bosses...

Tunic gameplay.  Looks like a more action oriented isometric Zelda.

Jump Force.  2019.  INSANELY impressive visuals for this 3D arena fighter lol

Dying Light 2! Woo!

New Battletoads 2019.

Just Cause 4.  December 4th.

Gears Pop.  A Gears of War/Funk Pop crossover game for mobile lol

Gears Tactics.  Turn based strategy game.

Gears of War 5 announced.  SO MANY GEARS GAMES. 2019.

Cyberpunk 2077 reveal.

So yeah, holy crap, Microsoft had an impressive show.  This doesn't sell the Xbox at all, but this is the show they needed to do, even though there was way too many 2019 releases.  I don't think they announced many impressive exclusives, but great show overall.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:45:12 pm by kamikazekeeg »

azure

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »
Xbox's conference was a lot better than I expected.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 05:59:57 pm »
Microsoft's E3 2018 Press Conference: B+

Wow, MS's conference this year is the reason I get hyped for E3; tons of great new games announced and shown off! Even though I'm not into a lot of the games that were announced on the MS stage, I can appreciate them as being new, fun IPs or sequels in franchises that others really like. But after not being that hyped for many new games in a while, I can safely say that is has changed.

The highlights for me were the announcements for Tunic, Battletoads, and Cyberpunk 2077. There were a few other games I thought looked moderately interesting, but those three really had me going, especially Cyberpunk 2077 which was an awesome surprise at the end! I also really enjoyed seeing more of games that have already been announced like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which I'm even more excited about now.

The reason I felt their conference fell short of a A- or higher was because there really wasn't any exclusive games announced that made me anymore interested in buying an XBOX One, with the exception of Battletoads, which still is far from a system seller for me. However, the amount of awesome at their conference cannot be understated and it was a welcome contrast to EA's boring dumpster fire yesterday. At a B+ it will be hard to beat, but we still have a lot of great conferences ahead so who knows.

On a side note, I am SO, SO SICK and tired of post-apocalyptic themed games and freakin zombie games! I feel like every other game uses one, the other, or both themes in their games and while it was a cool idea 7 or 8 years ago, it's gotten so freakin old and stale at this point! Each time a game based on either setting was announced I rolled my eyes and tuned it out until they started talking about the next game. I really hope sales on games who use the post-apocalypse and/or zombies see hits in their sales so maybe the general public can move onto something else that hasn't been overdone to death.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 06:02:13 pm »
On a side note, I am SO, SO SICK and tired of post-apocalyptic themed games and freakin zombie games! I feel like every other game uses one, the other, or both themes in their games and while it was a cool idea 7 or 8 years ago, it's gotten so freakin old and stale at this point! Each time a game based on either setting was announced I rolled my eyes and tuned it out until they started talking about the next game. I really hope sales on games who use the post-apocalypse and/or zombies see hits in their sales so maybe the general public can move onto something else that hasn't been overdone to death.

Give me more is all I have to say lol I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic games.  They are admittedly getting abit overwhelming and I'm not gonna play them all, but it's less of an issue for me of having them, but more like I have to much cake to eat as the problem lol Metro: Exodus, Fallout 76, Dying Light 2, I'm all there for these.

But yeah, they didn't sell me on an Xbox One even slightly, especially for this year.  Most stuff they showed off had a 2019 release date.  Like there's Forza Horizon 4 this year...and that was sorta it I think.  Most of the multi-platform stuff I'll grab on PS4, or I'll play it on PC.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:25:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 06:24:14 pm »
My one take away from this conference was my confusion from seeing the DMC5 trailer. Other than that, they did good but again not enough exclusives that we havent already seen.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 08:08:40 am »
I'm a huge fan of the Forza franchise, so this conference has taken the cake so far for me.  I reckon sony will blow my mind today with Last of Us release dates and inside scoops.  I hope so at least.  :)

kashell

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 08:59:18 am »
I reserved my copy for the Switch, but the Tales of Vesperia re-release announcement was first seen for the Xbone.

I'm very excited.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 10:45:44 am »
I still enjoy Xbox's infrastructure the best although i have a PS4 and a Switch (along with retro systems) still in active use. 

I picked up my Game Pass card for 6 months at half price this week (E3 promotion) and my local Microsoft store gave me an extra month free. So I have 7 months for $30 which will get me all the exclusives like Forza through the end of the year. Microsoft's lull in the presentation was when they devoted a few minutes to Game Pass, but that is the future of Microsoft right there.

I still just enjoy playing on the Xbox the most. I'm glad PS4 became the popular console this gen because all of the bratty young kids that plagued online games during the X360 reign are now on Sony's network. Seem to find more mature gamers ro play with consistently on Xbox now that it is the minority.

The Microsoft E3 show was exciting and I was only sad because two of my favorite far fetched rumors didn't come true. 1. Rocksteady debut new game at Xbox show   2. Blue Dragon 2
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01