Author Topic: Am I depressed or is E3 sucking so far?  (Read 3219 times)

Am I depressed or is E3 sucking so far?
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:04:15 pm »
I thought I was having a bout of depression, having watched a bunch of conferences (Microsoft, Square Enix, EA, Devolver Digital, Bethesda) and feeling almost no hype, joy, excitement or anticipation at all for anything.

Should I be excited yet?

Well ... here's hoping for Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo to salvage the year.

Everything is just bland or sequels or stuff more than a year out anyway or things we knew about or things we already saw.

Life.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:21:03 pm by seether »

Re: Am I depressed or is E3 sucking so far?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:10:33 pm »
I mostly agree with you. Microsoft of all the companies, has actually been the only conference that I'd say was good.

I feel a little less salty over Bethesda's conference, but I still wouldn't say it was better than okay, and then EA and Square's conference's were both pretty bad.

You definitely aren't alone here.

kypherion

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 02:38:39 pm »
You're not wrong, I wasn't wowed by anything in particular other than the Doom sequel or whatnot.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:11:53 pm »
Rage 2 and Forza Horizon 4 looked very polished to be fair.

I want to get that 'omg I must have this day one' feeling I used to get, e.g. when Skyrim came out.

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:18:26 pm »
Yeah, I see what you mean. I haven't felt like that in a long time (excluding the new Doom) since DOOM 2016.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 03:33:44 pm »
Nah, there's a lot of good stuff that's been shown off and there are still two (technically three if you count Ubisoft) big shows left.  It's been a good year for the most part with just some underwhelming stuff such as EA and Square-Enix.

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:22:27 pm »
Only good announcement was the Metal Wolf Chaos reveal; everything else has been pretty mediocre to flat-out bad. The last few years makes me feel that E3 is pretty unnecessary.

Flashback2012

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:32:11 pm »
Going with depressed. That said, nothing has me anxiously awaiting its release.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:00 pm »
I think Microsofts conference was amazing, but most of the games they showed were 3rd party, so it's got quite a bit for people to be happy about I think.  Not the best E3 but not the worst for me. :)

My highlights are

Forza Horizon 4 and Kingdom Hearts III

and Hopefully Last of us 2 release date tonight. 

Forza Horizon 4 looks breath taking,  60 Fps with them graphics in that huge of an open world?  Xbox One X scored huge points with it to me :D

All and all,  a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me though.  Only a few ones I really am excited for but those few are huge for me.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 10:37:24 pm »
Sony has me excited again this year. I'm expecting to feel this way tomorrow after Nintendo's as well, but we'll see. Better late than never :)

hexen

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 11:07:33 pm »
So far the only things I care about are Cuphead DLC and the distant, ethereal whisper of Elder Scrolls 6...

I'd say it sucks so far, personally at least. I hope Nintendo has something, but they've already done their big franchises I like so my hopes aren't super high...
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

mizzach86

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2018, 12:12:11 am »
I'm liking E3 so far, I enjoyed both Sony and Microsoft's offerings.

Things I'm most excited for are Devil May Cry 5, Spider-Man, and new Battletoads.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 10:17:12 am »
I'm actually depressed because of how many games that I want were shown lol too much money

kashell

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 10:27:44 am »
The Tales of Vesperia port was enough for me to mark this E3 a winner.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 10:34:56 am »
The Tales of Vesperia port was enough for me to mark this E3 a winner.
A weeab game from 10 years ago makes E3 a winner?

I wish I had such low standards.