Author Topic: What games have you bought day one this generation & plan to in future?  (Read 1021 times)

What games have you bought day one this generation & plan to in future?

Nintendo Switch
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda BOTW
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Skyrim
Dragon ball xenoverse 2

Xbox One
The Witcher 3
Forza Motorsport 5, Dead Rising 3 (launch titles)
Fallout 4
Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
Rocksmith 2014 Edition
Sniper Elite III

PS4
GTA V
Dragon Age Inquisition
Dynasty Warriors 9
Last of Us Remastered
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Mass Effect Andromeda

PC
Mortal Kombat X

Planned future day one buys
Monster Hunter Switch
Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee Switch
Dark Souls Remastered Switch
Hitman 2 PS4

Save for stuff from LRG, I don't really do pre-orders or Day One these days. There's usually no good reason to jump in day one for me. I don't need something new to play- I have PLENTY to play. My friends don't really do online, so I don't need to be on for them. Waiting means price drops. I choose price drops.

Interestingly, everything I've pre-order this generation is still on pre-order right now:

Octopath Traveler: I had a gift card to burn.
Sonic Mania Plus: I bought one as a gift, and it glitched my Amazon wishlist (removed the game & wouldn't let me re-add it.) So I ordered my copy becuase it was cheap so I wouldn't forget it wasn't listed anymore.
Disgaea 1 Complete Rosen Queen's Edition: It's a gift.

I have been told I will be required to buy Smash Bros Ultimate at launch. I'm assuming becuase the friend in question is huge into Smash, and I'm the only other person in the group with a Switch right now. *shrugs* fine by me, I guess...

telly

The only day one games I have historically ever bought was Pokemon games. I also plan on buying Ace Combat 7 day one as well.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

This generation? Just Breath of the Wild for Wii U, since I was waiting 2-3 years for that damn game. (But totally worth the wait!)

I do have Red Dead Redemption 2 on pre-order right now, and I plan on pre-ordering RE2 Remake once that's fully paid.

pizzasafari

I've kind of been left in the dust this gen, not many things coming out that I'm significantly hyped for anymore so I haven't been buying games all that quickly. I generally preorder rather than buying on day one though, I preordered Persona 5, Zero Time Dilemma, Nier Automata and Danganronpa 2, Ultra Despair Girls and V3  this gen (if DR2 counts as this gen). Once it's available I'll be preordering the Dreams of the Revenants edition of The House in Fata Morgana too. If they look good in the run-up to release I'll likely preorder TES6 and Starfield too. I generally only really preorder if it's a new game in one of my favourite series.

only one, Crash N.Sane Trilogy, the other ones will be The Last of Us - Part 2 and RE2 Remake.

shfan

Dark Souls III and Dungeons III for the PS4, that's all I can remember, the exception being any limited run/strictly limited etc. games which are day one purchases by nature. Apart from (now a very small amount of) limited games, I don't have the cash or the urge to pay top-whack for games unless it's a must-have, and since From's upcoming release isn't in the Bloodborne or Souls series I won't be pulling the trigger on that immediately either.

aliensstudios

Well you kind of get backed into a corner with Amazon because you'll only get that 20% discount if you preorder it, so typically any new PS4 or Switch game I want is a day one purchase. Sometimes if I'm fairly certain the price will drop, I'll hold off until it does.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

ferraroso

These are the ones that I just got on day one just because they were released on the same day the PS4 launched:
Need for Speed: Rivals
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

These are the ones that I bought day one and don't regret a bit:
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Special Edition

And these are the ones that made me stop buying games on day one out of regret:
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (maybe the game I hate the most)
Street Fighter V

However, there is one game of one particular series that I will definitely pre-order as soon as we have a release date:
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unkown