Author Topic: Will you embrace all digital consoles or buy more retro when that time comes?  (Read 2859 times)

rayne315

I will just buy more "Retro". I have only ever paid for 3 digital games ever (minecraft, creeper world 3, and Undertale) and I do not intend to ever buy any more. if im given them though a service like ps+ then yes I will continue to get digital games but I do not consider digital part of my collection.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kypherion

Hard choice. Most of my collection is digital but I'll go with buy more retro, for the most part.

As a PC gamer, the digital era showed up years ago, so I've gotten use to it.  It'll be abit annoying once consoles finally go in that direction, but we still got some years.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Hell no. I want my stiff to still be playable in 30 years. Download only makes that hard if the servers and stores no longer exist because they're dedicated to PS15 or whatever.

Hard to say  :-\ I would like to say I would go more retro, but if there are games on a modern, all digital platform, then I suppose I won't have much choice.

I have quite a few games now that are digital, but I don't count them in my collection (save for a few, stuff that is special like the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador line, and things that are currently digital only which I replace once/if I get a retail version).

I think I will go mostly retro though, I have a backlog years long, and there are still loads of great games I want to play before my carts, disks, and hardware start to fail.

The Switch is the first modern console I have bought for since the OG Xbox, and I've been a bit overwhelmed with all the new stuff I have to play/buy. Going back to a focus on retro gaming would be a nice reprieve.

shfan

Hell no. I want my stiff to still be playable in 30 years.

Don't we all..

Sorry.

I mean, erectile dysfunction happens to a lot of guys getting older but I was talking about video games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Lol, didn't even see that typo.

shfan

Golden  ;D

kashell

Well played.

ferraroso

I want my stiff to still be playable in 30 years.
Hahahaha! Priceless!

Anyway... I already refuse to buy download-only games. I never buy games that don't have a physical release, which is one of the reasons why I am still to play Sonic Mania (even though this is one of my favorite franchises).
I can maybe see myself buying a budget-price console that only plays digital content, but I don't think I would ever pay full price on a next-gen system that doesn't take CDs, cartridges etc.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

I wont be getting many digital games if any.I'll just play my backlog.

topspot123

Overlooking the typo  ;),

I've been a game collector for a very long time, so anymore I'm not even sure I'll still be around in 30 years.  I've been slowly changing my personal equation when it comes to game purchases.  It's becoming less important to me to have a physical object and more important to me that my money spent will enable a sufficient play time for said game.  I know a digital purchase can disappear, but if I've made it my effort to experience that game and had a sufficient amount of time to do so, I don't really have a complaint about digital. 

I still choose physical when it makes sense, but that is primarily in an effort to effectively manage memory space, not to take a stand against digital.   

No I only get digital games when they are free