Author Topic: How much do you like game instruction manuals?  (Read 2896 times)

tripredacus

Re: How much do you like game instruction manuals?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 12:07:04 pm »
You know a game is legit when their manual is spiral bound

Ehhh idk, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3's manual is spiral bound.
The best are PC games that came with actual books.

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 03:20:22 pm »
I really enjoy manuals that have character art, descriptions and story bits in them. Especially for older games that couldn't fit all into the game itself, it's very charming!
Today if I buy a game I'm surprised if there even is one inside, but I always appreciate the ones that include a little extra into their manuals as it brings me back to reading trough them as a child!

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2018, 03:43:16 pm »
I have read Call Of Duty manuals sometimes there is some vary interesting information found in video game manuals including tips on how to play the game like somebody else said on here :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 10:18:18 pm »
My son and I both enjoy reading manuals for many of the reasons mentioned already.

Art work, lore, and sometimes we even go “huh... I had no idea you could do that”.

For example.

I never knew Blaster Master for the NES had fuzzy high level drawing of the entire 8 world map!

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 09:28:48 pm »
I only collect instruction manuals.  I just throw the disc or cart away too, cuz what's the point anyways.

If I only knew....

Great comment!!! I do miss the lack of instructions in newer games though.

greenman

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 07:28:36 pm »
I don't care for the game boxes or cardboard, but it's always nice to have at least a case, slipcase, jewel case, etc. and a manual to complete my games. Loose games are fine too, but love that literature with it for sure.