Author Topic: Submitting Problems  (Read 4086 times)

hexen

Submitting Problems
« on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:10 pm »
I am noticing that recently it seems even when I receive confirmation an edit I did has been accepted, it still fails to appear on the page. This has also happened a few times when I added a picture when submitting a new item.

Is this just me?
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

darko

Re: Submitting Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:53:33 pm »
I believe I've gotten all of mine, it just takes a while sometimes.

scott

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:10:10 am »
Unlike New Item Submissions, Edits don't show up right away, it goes to a special section of the admin panel and one of the mods has to approve it. It's safety feature, so we don't end up with some A-hole going in changing all the info on games without us knowing about it. Sometimes it takes awhile for us to approve edits, depending on the time of day and such.

If it takes a longer time than normal, let us know. But for the most part someone is always checking the admin panel. Between all of the mods, we have folks from all over the country (and Canada and Mexico) approving things.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:43 am »
I noticed that it was taking longer than normal for my edits to show up so I just messaged matt a few weeks ago and it got better again. Everyone had just gotten busy with life and I have not noticed anything since.

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 09:26:15 am »
If I'm reading the original post correctly, the approval time isn't the issue.  They just aren't showing up after being approved.  This sounds like a cache issue to me.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:33:57 am »
Perhaps, I read it as an approval time issue. If its a cache issue, then try reloading the page and see if that fixes anything.

hexen

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 06:39:20 pm »
Tpugmire is correct in his assessment about what I meant (sorry if it was confusing)

I'm really not sure whats going on. I know, for example, my box scan of http://vgcollect.com/item/24367 was accepted yesterday. I went to it, and it wasn't up. I refreshed multiple times and it still wasn't up. I just went there now and again refreshed several times and it still isn't appearing.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »
I'm not seeing any artwork on that listing either.  Doubtful that it's a cache issue.  You're absolutely sure that the image was approved, and not some other edit?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

hexen

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 03:14:15 pm »
I'm not seeing any artwork on that listing either.  Doubtful that it's a cache issue.  You're absolutely sure that the image was approved, and not some other edit?

Quite sure. The same goes for http://vgcollect.com/item/24365 front and back and a few other items I edited at the time.

scott

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 03:24:58 pm »
Interesting. I wonder if there is anything Matt can troubleshoot?

hexen

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »
I guess for the time being I will just re-submit. We'll see if it happens again.

hexen

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 08:41:14 am »
Ack! I am a fool! I see what my problem was (I think.)

The images I saved where GIFs! Photoshop had it leftover from the last image I did which happened to be a GIF rather then a PNG or JPEG.

scott

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 09:27:36 am »
Ack! I am a fool! I see what my problem was (I think.)

The images I saved where GIFs! Photoshop had it leftover from the last image I did which happened to be a GIF rather then a PNG or JPEG.

Oh man, that sucks. Glad it was something simple though!

tpugmire

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »
I approved a bunch of pictures today, and I think yours were in the batch as well.  Let us know if anything didn't go through.

hexen

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 06:18:11 pm »
Yeah, changing them to PNGs worked just fine. Sorry for the unnecessary concern.