Author Topic: Anybody else use spotify?  (Read 854 times)

kypherion

Anybody else use spotify?
« on: July 17, 2018, 10:33:26 pm »
I just got it and it's really cool. I use it on pc and dictate to Cortana what songs I'd like her to play.

Once I get an Invoke w/ Cortana (which uses spotify also) then it will be a blast dictating to her!
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Anybody else use spotify?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:18:41 am »
I know there are certain podcasts on Spotify, namely Our Parents’ Basement.  8)

pizzasafari

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:57:01 am »
I have it but I'm not a huge fan, hipster as it sounds a lot of the stuff I listen to is a bit obscure and isn't in Spotify so I have to keep switching between it and MusicBee. And I don't like listening to music that isn't actually on my PC, feels somehow unreliable. It's great for finding playlists and stuff though, or listening to albums you've heard of and are curious about, Those are the main things I use it for.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »
I know there are certain podcasts on Spotify, namely Our Parents’ Basement.  8)

That very same podcast is on other websites, too!

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:25:11 pm »
I just play what’s in my own collection usually. If there’s something I don’t have, I like to play DJ and cue in YouTube videos using multiple windows to edit out commercials.

kevininja

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:29:35 pm »
Yeah I use it almost daily! I discovered a lot of great bands and artists through Spotify.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 08:33:24 pm »
I wasn't a big fan with my trial to Spotify.  I've actually been liking Amazon Unlimited more.  I can listen to the music I do buy on there through the program, while utilizing Unlimited to check out other stuff.  I only really have Unlimited at the moment because it was like a buck to use it for 4 months, but I may consider keeping it.