Author Topic: Do You Coop or Team Up In A Game? Or Compete Head To Head?  (Read 3716 times)

Do You Coop or Team Up In A Game? Or Compete Head To Head?
« on: July 18, 2018, 04:32:12 am »
This thread comes from inspiration from Marvelvscapcom2's recent thread

Today I am pretty much a single player video game, gamer. But it is always fun on occasion, to either compete head to head, or team up on the computer when a I have a video game partner in which is almost never at this moment in my life.

How about you? do you compete with someone or team up/cooperate  either online or maybe offline? or nether? like me much anymore and what is your usual choice of gameplay? :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:36:12 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pizzasafari

Re: Do You Coop or Team Up In A Game? Or Compete Head To Head?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:51:04 am »
I hate team coop. It feels like so much pressure. Either I mess up and drag the team down and feel like everyone's mad at me or someone else on the team messes up and despite me playing perfectly we'll lose because of one tard on the team. It makes it really hard to love Splatoon as much as I want to when someone on our team disconnects at the start of the game, at that point we may as well just stand in the corner and do nothing because once that happens you've lost.

I mostly play single player too but if I do play multiplayer it's solo deathmatches and the like, those I have a lot of fun with. I usually do really well in them too, back in the day I used to come first place in every deathmatch in BioShock 2's multiplayer and I had similar success with Unreal Tournament 3. Flak cannon = victory.

Edit: Actually team deathmatch I don't mind as much, thinking about it, since I just have fun killing shit and everyone else is the same. But with team games that need strategy I nope right out of there.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:52:49 am by pizzasafari »

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 08:50:36 pm »
I hate team coop. It feels like so much pressure. Either I mess up and drag the team down and feel like everyone's mad at me or someone else on the team messes up and despite me playing perfectly we'll lose because of one tard on the team. It makes it really hard to love Splatoon as much as I want to when someone on our team disconnects at the start of the game, at that point we may as well just stand in the corner and do nothing because once that happens you've lost.

I mostly play single player too but if I do play multiplayer it's solo deathmatches and the like, those I have a lot of fun with. I usually do really well in them too, back in the day I used to come first place in every deathmatch in BioShock 2's multiplayer and I had similar success with Unreal Tournament 3. Flak cannon = victory.

Edit: Actually team deathmatch I don't mind as much, thinking about it, since I just have fun killing shit and everyone else is the same. But with team games that need strategy I nope right out of there.

I personally never actually had a problem in team coop everyone seem to just do their thing, all fighting the computer that is. with unlimited lives for everyone
with Zandronum online original doom engine but that game and engine I think is pretty dead by now. But it was fun. also used to play some online deathmatch and even used to run my own servers by uploading my IP to the main host server. and having complete strangers log on and log off the game run on my computer.

Do you like 2 player coop or team coop against a computer  opponent?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:02:12 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 09:45:33 am »
The Gears of War series is one of my favorites, so I enjoy team co-op. I do understand what you mean about feeling like you're dragging your team down. My son is more of a head-to-head fan, but sometimes I talk him into playing a little co-op in Call of Duty. I end up feeling like a level 5 character being dragged through a high level dungeon by a friend to be a loot mule.

pizzasafari

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:57:59 am »
Do you like 2 player coop or team coop against a computer  opponent?

I think that'd depend on the game and how much pressure there is. Something like Portal 2 would be fine for me cause there's no real pressure to do as well as you possibly can and the two of you can just dick around with the physics and stuff. Team coop against a computer opponent that'd depend as well on how much pressure there is to win. That's the main part, either failing because of crappy teammates or being that crappy teammate that drags everyone down, I hate that.

But yeah if you're fighting the computer as a team and you're able to run about doing your own thing I can see why you'd have an easier time with that, but for me personally I'd be way too hyper-focused on how what I'm doing affects the team to have fun.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:00:42 am by pizzasafari »

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 02:11:12 pm »
Mostly Single player here. I HATE online VS, or PvP games. I enjoy co-op immensely depending on what it is. If it's a horde type game mode I generally don't like it as much, but games with drop in campaign co-op like Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide I love.

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 12:18:25 pm »
I mostly only play NBA 2k (and Live occasionally) online and since I dont have friends who play the game I just team up with randoms (i do try to play with good players tho because i'm not playing to loose lol).

kypherion

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 11:19:53 pm »
Depends on the game. In New Super Mario Bros. Wii I obviously team up, but in something like Castle Crashers it's all about competition.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 07:56:12 am »
I've decided to try and resurrect this thread.

I feel out of place doing head to head in a lot of fighting video games. I prefer to play multiplayer only in the same room and with someone. I know or trust, as of today maybe someday I'll find someone to play with in the same room but that day is not today.

I love coop against an AI opponent in all and any video games, (as long as the person is with me in the same room) but only in the same room. I don't play teams or head to head with strangers anymore, it just don't feel right, and with all this bot technology and people paying hackers as low as $20 to destroy peoples computers and or consoles I just don't bother anymore with online multiplayer.

NO APPS NEEDED

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 12:03:17 pm »
Since I'm usually very bad at almost anything I try playing online, I am very fond of coop PvE games as well.
However, I don't remember playing anything online that much since I gave up on Destiny some three years ago or so...