Author Topic: Gameinformer's E3 Report Card  (Read 1181 times)

Gameinformer's E3 Report Card
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:55:07 am »
Hello everyone :D

A few issues back we discussed gameinformers "top 300 games of all time".  It was a wonderful laugh we all got  ;D  I don't recall many list being as strategically bad lol.  But it's fun to discuss and see what everyone feels about the topics.  :)   

I know during E3 a few users, I mostly remember bikingjahuty as one, were giving their report card grades for each company and we all listed off games we were excited for.  It made for amazing discussions, and I know E3 is a huge showing for the gaming world, And now GameInformer has done the very same.  :D.   

The good ol GI is back with their E3 rankings, report cards, most anticipated games and the sorts.  And I wanted to see if anyone agrees with the list.  I know it's very opinionated but I think it'll be neat to see who thinks they did good or bad.  :).

Game Informer's "Hot 50"

1. Cyberpunk 2077 
2. Spiderman
3. Last of Us
4. Smash Bros Ultimate
5. Ghost of Tsushima
6. Resident Evil 2
7. Anthem
8. Control
9. Assassin's Creed Mario Odyssey
10. Battlefield V
11. Kingdom Hearts III
12. Shadow Of Tomb
13. Ori and Whispering Woods
14. Rage 2
15. Dreams
16. Generation Zero
17. Seikiro Shadows Die Twice
18. COD Black Ops 4
19. Days Gone
20.  Octopath traveler
21. Dying Light 2
22.  Just Cause 4
23. The Division 2
24. Forza Horizon 4
25. Mega Man 11

See this wouldn't be so bad because everyone has their own games they are excited for and the editors wanted these games most.  :)   I love hearing different tastes and what makes the games special to them. But it's the veil they always mask their hyper opinionated lists in, the blurb of "This was made from the gaming community buzz, and what people were saying"  Which then makes it no longer an opinion but something they are trying to pass as fact. As if we said it.  Why can't they just say "GI's Hot 50" instead of just "Hot 50".   I wish more companies would stand by their lists without adding into it that they factor us into it.  They really don't lol.

So more people in the community are buzzing for Anthem and Control over Kingdom Hearts III?  A game people have waited almost 2 decades for.  Half of which growing into adult hood in the time it's taken for the next installment.  The cultural phenomneon of Kingdom Hearts...  Yet one of the most disliked game trailers of all time (Battlefield V) and a game I bet most casuals haven't heard of are generating more Buzz in GI's opinion.  Ok then....  :).   

I don't think i'd give Cyberpunk a top spot for Buzz even though I know it did buzz quite a bit, It's exciting because the publisher is Witcher III's publisher and has amazing track record.  I think i'd still have to give that spot to Last of Us 2.  Spiderman is awesome and all too but is it really the big sony exclusive? I still envision Spiderman having a curfew set on it by Last of Us and Last of Us telling it to be safe and wear a jacket as Last of Us being it's Dad and is the big sony exclusive. :D.   

Game Informer's Company Report Card

Microsoft- B
Sony- B+
Nintendo C

They were pretty quick to the point on this one lol.  Not much diving into companies or things of the sort, just 3 consoles, 3 ratings.  I kinda liked that aspect.  I liked how short and sweet the report cards were.  And although I don't agree with the rankings per say, I don't think they are botched or biased either.  I think it's a general consesus that Nintendo didn't do as good as the other 2 in E3 presentations.   :).   

What do you think of gameinformer's hot 50 list, and E3 report card?  Did they nail it?  Or did they drop the ball?  What would you choose as the most buzzing games in the community?   Thanks for sharing.   :)

Re: Gameinformer's E3 Report Card
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 01:05:29 pm »
At least Fallout 76 wasn't on the list.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:34 pm »
agreed

Not a bad list at all.

argyle

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 07:39:25 am »

But WHY? I'm not talking about if you like what they're doing with it or not, that's irrelevant - if they're listing talked-about games, it was more talked about than easily half of that list.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis