Author Topic: What Was the First RPG You Ever Beat?  (Read 3981 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

What Was the First RPG You Ever Beat?
« on: September 06, 2018, 02:48:19 am »
What was the first RPG you ever beat?

Mine was Dragon Warrior IV on NES.

I owned the original Dragon Warrior and the original Final Fantasy beforehand, but DW IV was the first I actually vested enough interest in the story to beat it.

Re: What Was the First RPG You Ever Beat?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:26:52 am »
Dragon Warrior was my first, then Final Fantasy and Ultima Exodus all on the NES.
I came close to beating Ultima V on PC, but could never defeat all the Shadowlords.

ferraroso

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 03:46:56 am »
In my case, it was Phantasy Star on the Master System. It was also probably the first game completely translated to Brazilian Portuguese that I’ve ever played! THANKS, TECTOY!!

Agozer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 04:24:04 am »
Final Fantasy VIII. My first actual video game console was the PlayStation, which I bought with my own money after playing the PC version of Final Fantasy VII.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:07:11 am by Agozer »

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:30:31 am »
Probably Pokemon Red

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 05:57:21 am »
"Lost Eden?" if you want to call that game an RPG for PC. It is more of a click adventure, but it is not an open world. I barely remember how this games story was/is  but it has things to do other then just point and click it somewhat has riddle solving and I remember Lost Eden was/is a good fun game to beat and play
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 06:57:44 am »
Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger on the SNES.  Never played any NES RPG's and those were the only SNES RPG's I played.  Then it was Final Fantasy VII and dabbling in the FF series from then on out.

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 08:29:05 am »
Oh wow, I never thought about this before. I usually played them and never finished them a a kid, then for my birthday one year I asked for loads of Final Fantasy games and got FF7, FF9, FF10 and FF12 together, I soon played and finished FF7 and FF9 and I can't for the life of me remember which I did first... it'll be one of those two though. FF7 or FF9.

Ever since I was 4 or 5 years old FF8 was my obsession but I never actually finished it until I was about 17 or 18, I kept starting over all the time then eventually the discs stopped working cause I kept leaving them out.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 08:30:45 am »
Super Mario RPG for sure.  I may have played a few others, but this was the first one to really engage me, and I had to see it through to the end.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 08:46:57 am »
Breath of Fire on the Super Nintendo.

shfan

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 08:58:44 am »
Now there's a question...

erm

Either Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES, Mystic Quest Adventure (Seiken Dewhatsit 1 for GB) or Chrono Trigger for the SNES. I had played RPGs before, particularly on computers, but never came close to beating them.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 09:32:10 am »
Final Fantasy III (SNES), I think. For a minute, I was really in to RPGs. Loved them on the Super Nintendo.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 09:45:00 am »
I haven't a clue. I can remember playing RPGs a long time ago, but I have no memory of actually beating them. My earliest memory that I can think of playing an RPG for a decent amount of time was Ultima IV, but as I said I do not really remember if I had beaten it or not. I am confident that Ultima IV is probably the first RPG I've played, that's something at least.

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 10:32:36 am »
If The Legend of Zelda doesn't count then probably Zelda II: The Adventure of Link or Phantasy Star 1.

kypherion

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 11:51:41 am »
Chrono Trigger DS
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"