Author Topic: What Was the First RPG You Ever Beat?  (Read 4028 times)

Re: What Was the First RPG You Ever Beat?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 11:54:17 am »
I never was a RPG person as a kid so it's probably Dragon Age Inquisition.

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 12:26:52 pm »
Pokemon Gold probably for JRPGs and Fallout New Vegas for Western RPGs

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 12:37:10 pm »
If The Legend of Zelda doesn't count then probably Zelda II: The Adventure of Link or Phantasy Star 1.

Wow. Zelda II is a doosy, too. I still can't beat it, most of the time. I can always make it to the final boss, but that damn Shadow Link gets me every time after being nearly drained by the Phoenix right before him.

I did beat it once, but that was a fluke.

Still love the game, though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:15:46 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2018, 04:59:31 pm »
Technically Pokemon Red Version, but for some reason I have hard time calling Pokemon an RPG, even though I know that it is. Weird I know.

But other than that I beat FFVII a couple years later which is the first undeniable RPG I ever beat.

sworddude

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2018, 05:19:26 pm »
If i would ignore pokemon it be would FE shadow dragon wich got me more involved into rpg's

With emulators I did play some rpg's wich I didn't finish earlier tmedabots an rpg adventure and fire emblem the blazing blade on emulators at a friends house, Could never find these games in store when I was a kid even in the smaller electronics stores wich had the more obsecure stuff :-[ Boy did the 2nd hand market open a whole new world for me. Retail stores suck as far as availability goes most of them anyways.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 05:22:07 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
Final Fantasy Legend II for the original Game Boy.

stealthrush

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 08:06:20 pm »
Super Mario RPG or Chrono Trigger on the SNES. I've played Little Ninja Brothers on NES but never completed it.

aliensstudios

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 08:18:48 pm »

This when I was about seven years old. A fun game from what I remember. Definitely not as bad as you'd think.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:05 pm »
Phantasy Star IV, one of my friends me borrow it and at the time I had NO idea what an RPG was, before that video games to me was basically just platformers and fighting games. That kid changed my life!

kevininja

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 10:39:05 am »
I think it was Pokemon Diamond? I honestly can't remember.

I was going to say Pokemon FireRed, but to this day I still haven't beaten it  :-[

pizzasafari

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2018, 07:26:36 pm »

This when I was about seven years old. A fun game from what I remember. Definitely not as bad as you'd think.

Holy god someone else played that game?! That game was actually good, never would have thought I'd find a Harry Potter JRPG.

aliensstudios

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 10:14:09 pm »

Holy god someone else played that game?! That game was actually good, never would have thought I'd find a Harry Potter JRPG.
The second one (Chamber of Secrets) was even better I thought. It used the same assets and everything as the first one plus it's intriguing simply due to the fact that it was the last video game title ever officially developed for 8-bit hardware. The third one on GBA is actually an RPG as well so if you're looking to get your Harry Potter RPG fix, it might be worth looking into as well.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 11:58:26 pm »
Definitely Final Fantasy nes

azure

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 12:59:49 am »
Pokemon Blue

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 05:56:27 pm »
Dragon Warrior on NES.
Didn’t finish another RPG until FF III (VI) on SNES.